Attacks on Mosques.

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Attacks on Mosques.

Post by Scottishtourist »

I always get a bit sad when I read about attacks on Mosques/Muslim Cultural Centres,etc in the aftermath of IS terrorist attrocities.
Whilst I can understand people's anger and frustration with the carnage perpetrated by these "insane"terrorists...does attacking their religious institutes really serve any purpose?Or is it merely just another act of revenge carried out by ignorant people?
In Glasgow,we have a grand Central Mosque.I visited it during the "Open Doors" day.
It's location is very near to the "Clutha"bar.

In midst of that terrible accident,the Mosque opened it's doors and offered shelter and support to any person caught up in the incident.

Listened to a very good discussion today on Sky news.
A leading member of the Muslim Society in the UK spoke very eloquently..and I was very impressed.
He pointed out that the lifestyles of these "Muslim"terrorists has been widely reported throughout the media.
Drugs,alcohol,sex,partying,etc.

He also suggests that the Internet is the main culprit in radicalising these young Muslims,and that Mosques and Imams play little or no part in it.

Any views or opinions?
I happen to agree with him,and hope and pray that the 100 Syrian refugees recently welcomed onto Scottish soil will be gentle,peaceful and appreciative of the new beginnings that they have been afforded.

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Re: Attacks on Mosques.

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

How does the world respond to a humanitarian crisis of this magnitude set within the context of barbarian hordes pledged to the destruction of any and all not swearing allegiance to Daesh/ISIS infiltrating the mix and moving in next door?

If Scotland only has 100 to worry about then the country is living up to its reputation of being stingy and I'm sure the 100 will get well settled.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Here in London ST, as I have said before I live on the edge of the East End, where I'm sure you know has for centuries, always been a great big melting pot. I have seen no change in life here. Whether here in the U.K. we are battle hardened against terrorism, as with the I.R.A. in the past, I don't know, but one thing is sure, we never locked down a city or town as we now see in Brussels. Ten days down the road we are still crying for Paris, which seems a little strange to me, but who is leading this campaign for War, War, War,.......the media, and what do terrorist thrive on mostly.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

LovelyLadyLux wrote: If Scotland only has 100 to worry about then the country is living up to its reputation of being stingy and I'm sure the 100 will get well settled.
The U.K. agreed to take 20,000 refugees from camps on the border of Syria over the next four/five years. I tend to agree with this, except that the amount is ridiculously low. These are the desperate of the desperate. Each of those families know each, and they truly are Syrian, who have NOTHING, and that is why they are there.

Germany's Angela Merkel announced that the EU would take in ONE MILLION, and if so required, would welcome them into Germany. Now we discover that more than 40% are not from Syria. We also discover that 100% had the means to travel all the way to Germany. Were these the desperate of the desperate,.......NO.

We now discover that the leader of the recent terrorist attack in Paris re-entered Europe, through the route as used by these 'refugees', if he did have a passport, then he 'lost it' in the Mediterranean. We also learn from German media, that many people are losing their homes, because the government are paying landlords much higher rent to house refugees. We can see that German has little knowledge of such a problem it now has on ITS own door step.

The BIG question has to be, since the Paris outrage, where in the media do we see Angela Merkel, and what is equally important is, that the richest country in Europe, Germany, remains silent when the rest of the so called civilised world want to bomb the sh*t out of what remains of Syria.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

The insane death cult of Da'esh is unlikely to gain traction but it's probable that we'll face more atrocities like Paris.

Heightened security is inevitable but should not be at the cost of undermining our normal way of life.

The media is, of course, milking it for all it's worth.

The conflation of the Da'esh problem and the refugee situation is a massive red herring.

Hopefully, like Ebola and other nasty plagues, it will run its course and peter out. I'm fully in favour of attacking their base in Syria /Iraq and strangling their finances. The West also needs to take a tougher line with certain gulf states who are undoubtedly fueling Da'esh.

In the meantime, the rest of the world needs to address the frustrations that create the breeding ground for extremism. I think this will be a far more intractable problem than Da'esh itself.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

A-Four wrote:The BIG question has to be, since the Paris outrage, where in the media do we see Angela Merkel, and what is equally important is, that the richest country in Europe, Germany, remains silent when the rest of the so called civilised world want to bomb the sh*t out of what remains of Syria.
Would one want Germany on ones side in a war? They have a big reputation as losers!

:?: