AHMED NAZIF.

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

AHMED NAZIF.

Post by A-Four »

Some of us will remember that wonderful chap, Mr Ahmed Nazif from those golden days before the, so called revolution. He was the Prime Minister of Egypt for almost all of the last ten years of the Mubarak era. Without a doubt a most prolific person and totally respected throughout the country.

I am sure most will agree with me, that it was a very sad day when he was arrested on trumped-up charges. On September 13th 2012 he was sentenced to three years in imprisonment and fined LE 4.5 MILLION, the amount being suggested he had removed from the exchequer. Without hesitation the dear man appealed. He was then acquitted. Shortly after he was re arrested on similar charges.

After another lengthy trial, in July 2015, this poor honourable man was found guilty again, this time sentenced to five years jail and told to re-pay to the State LE48.6 MILLION ( ten times the original amount), for goodness sake, no one can hide that sort of money under any dikka. It was said that much of this money was obtained by being in receipt of commission (10 to 20%), and other corrupt practices.

On Wednesday Mr Nazif, thanks to the common sense of the judicatory that is now in place, has now received a final ruling, and after all this time, he has been acquitted of all charges against him. I feel it should be right that he should now receive full compensation from the State. I am certain every one on here, especially those ex-pats living in Egypt will agree with me that this has been a great week for justice in Egypt, and who knows, perhaps Mr Nazil will bring back those great days of old.

All along, I always knew that Mr Nazif was in fact Mr Clean after all. (Hope this is not too cryptically acceptable for you all.)

P.S. We also learn this month that many other Mubarak-era figures have been cleared of corruption.

P.S.Plus. This week saw another huge fall on the black money market in Cairo,.......LE14 to the £.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: AHMED NAZIF.

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote:Some of us will remember that wonderful chap, Mr Ahmed Nazif from those golden days before the, so called revolution......... Without a doubt a most prolific person and totally respected throughout the country.

I am sure most will agree with me, that it was a very sad day when he was arrested on trumped-up charges...................... Without hesitation the dear man appealed. He was then acquitted. Shortly after he was re arrested on similar charges.

After another lengthy trial, in July 2015, was found guilty again.......this poor honourable man....

On Wednesday Mr Nazif, thanks to the common sense of the judicatory that is now in place........... has been acquitted........... I am certain every one on here, especially those ex-pats living in Egypt will agree with me that this has been a great week for justice in Egypt.

All along, I always knew that Mr Nazif was in fact Mr Clean after all.

P.S. We also learn this month that many other Mubarak-era figures have been cleared of corruption.
All as clean as a whistle then :lol:

Dear God A-Four......listen to yourself!

In any other context I'd assume this was written with someone holding a gun to your head. :roll:

Nazif is one of the wealthiest men in Egypt....despite a meagre salary

Go figure.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

'Like' :up
Best Regards
Mr. A. Barfly of Tunbridge Wells
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

:lol: :lol: Excellent Horus! :up
Smile! It confuses people
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Foolishly read the op sometime ago and wasn't sure if it was the gushing tones of the author or the migraine I had been fending off that made me feel nauseus.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I very much doubt that anyone would listen to WHO2 when he protested his innocence. :lol: And, at the end of the day there is only one person that knows if they are innocent or guilty, and that is the person in question.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I've just had this awful thought.

Was A-Four being facetious? :tk

If so.....the occasional " :urm: " emoticum might have been in order.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

I think there are only two people on this site who speak Arabic, and obviously yesterday saw this, got the 'punch line', and of course they were wise not to comment. :wi .
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote:I think there are only two people on this site who speak Arabic, and obviously yesterday saw this, got the 'punch line', and of course they were wise not to comment. :wi .
Oh dear. :(

After 24 hours of relative lucidity we're back to 'cryptic'.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Beg to differ. I never 'protested my innocence, not even 'No comment.
I just never said a single word and let the Police do there work.
Weirdly, the officer from the Serious Fraud Squad seemed to appreciate that.....8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote:Beg to differ. I never 'protested my innocence, not even 'No comment.
I just never said a single word and let the Police do there work.
Weirdly, the officer from the Serious Fraud Squad seemed to appreciate that.....8)
Wrong thread :ni:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

In Egypt guilt or innocence is determined not by what the accused says, or doesn't say....or did, or didn't do........and, moreover, not necessarily by the judges determining the case. :st
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

A-Four wrote:I think there are only two people on this site who speak Arabic, and obviously yesterday saw this, got the 'punch line', and of course they were wise not to comment. :wi .
Another classic example of the waffle we have all remarked on recently, the stated language of this forum is English, why would we need to speak Arabic in order to read/understand your post? And if there ever was a 'punch line' for Arab speakers, which I doubt, then why bother writing it for the benefit of two people? The person in question is either guilty as charged or innocent, your posts indicates you believe him to be innocent, so where is the punch line in that? even to a speaker of Arabic! You made a post extolling the virtues of this ex Prime Minister, it contained nothing about him that was not either common knowledge or easily obtainable information from reading elsewhere. So unless your text contains some sort of embedded code to the people of Egypt that can only be cracked by using Arabic, or as Newcastle said you were being facetious, then I fear we have another example of your round the houses, convoluted, cryptic posts that actually say very little then attempt to make yourself out to be the one with insider information.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

A-Four wrote:I think there are only two people on this site who speak Arabic,.
What makes you think that?
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote:In Egypt guilt or innocence is determined not by what the accused says, or doesn't say....or did, or didn't do........and, moreover, not necessarily by the judges determining the case. :st
That's what makes this country one of the best for the hardened fickle finger pointer, a win every time, guaranteed :a19: Wrong direction, but you get my drift.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.