Sisi 'chosen by God' to destroy Israel: Egyptian broadcaster

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Sisi 'chosen by God' to destroy Israel: Egyptian broadcaster

Post by DJKeefy »

President Sisi 'chosen by God' to destroy Israel: Egyptian broadcaster.

Television host says Sisi can destroy Israel because his name consists of 19 letters, a number considered mystical by some Islamic scholars.

The name of Egypt’s President Sisi is mentioned in the Quran, an Egyptian broadcaster claimed this week, sparking ridicule on social media.

Mohammed al-Gheity, who presents a programme on satellite station LTC, cited a verse of the Quran that one scholar – Palestinian Sheikh Bassam al-Jarrar - interprets to mean that the state of Israel will cease to exist by the year 2022.

According to Gheity, Sisi will be in power in that year, and is the only leader in the region capable of bringing about the destruction of Israel.

“The Egyptian presidential elections were at the end of May 2014. God willing, the Field Marshal [turned president Sisi] will rule Egypt for two presidential terms, or four years,” Gheity said.

“2014 plus eight is 2022, meaning that Field Marshal Abdel Fattah al-Sisi is the only Arab leader chosen by God…to achieve security, stability and justice for Egypt and the Arab nation.”

“God willing, the coming years will make clear that this is the case.”

Gheity also argued that Sisi is the only Egyptian president able to bring about the destruction of Israel in that year, because his name contains a “miracle number” mentioned in the Quran.

Sisi’s full name, Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, contains 19 letters in Arabic –19 is considered by some Islamic scholars to be a sacred number encoded within verses of the Quran.

According to Gheity, Sisi is the only Egyptian president whose name contains 19 letters, unlike Gamal Abdel Nasser Hussein (17), Mohammed Anwar Sadat (15), Mohammed Hosni Mubarak (13) and Mohammed Mohammed Morsi (12).

Sisi came to power in 2013 following a popular-backed military coup against Morsi, head of the Muslim Brotherhood and Egypt’s first democratically-elected president.

Since he took power, Sisi’s government has launched a fierce crackdown targeting supporters of the Brotherhood, as well as secular activists and human rights defenders.

Despite that he has also sought to garner support from Islamic religious institutions and figures.

Former Grand Mufti – the highest Sunni Muslim authority in Egypt – Ali Gomaa said last November that “Allah supports Sisi,” who was sent by God to “relieve Egypt of distress”.

In June 2015, Sisi said in a public speech that God had sent him as “a doctor to diagnose [Egypt’s] problems”.

Gheity’s latest comments were greeted with ridicule by social media users.

Source: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/presi ... -512445317

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: Sisi 'chosen by God' to destroy Israel: Egyptian broadca

Post by Horus »

Did he also mention that there are at least 600 tanks lying derelict in the Sinai desert and that Israeli jet fighters were flying over Cairo and Luxor during the last conflict, have these idiots no sense of history? 8)
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Never ever trust anybody that quotes God, It's always God is with Us the Romans, zee Germans, the Crusaders, Daeesh.... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Come on guys.

Every nation on earth has its quota of nut cases. Why would Egypt be any different.

I'd be more worried if the president, or any figures of significance in the government, turned out to endorse the analysis of this guy, who is being thoroughly mocked by everyone.

The endorsement of Sisi by the former Grand Mufti is unremarkable......it goes with the job.

And if Sisi himself believes Allah had a hand in his rise to power, then so do all Egyptian muslims. Again....it's a natural consequence of their religious beliefs Belief in Allah’s power, knowledge and control of all things is one of the six articles of faith in Islam. This is called Qadar, loosely translated as Divine Destiny.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Qadar, mmm, that being the case it makes you wonder why Egypt and other countries in the region remain so devout in their beliefs.

As it would appear that the abject poverty that too many people live in is down to Allah's power.

It would be enough to make me tare up my membership card.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

There are some quranic and biblical quotations that refer to what could be described as 'divine punishment'. Fair enough.

But when you ask why inherently good people, or wholly innocent people (e.g babies) have to suffer the religious explanations get very murky.

"Free will" is a term oft bandied about......or as I would put it (irreverently) "sh*t happens". I've read some islamic sites saying it focuses the mind on the beauty of the hereafter. Also, somewhat alarmingly, that it may be punishment for sins.

I can only assume it's a subject that intelligent believers (is that an oxymoron?) confine to an area of their minds rarely, if ever, visited.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

newcastle wrote:There are some quranic and biblical quotations that refer to what could be described as 'divine punishment'. Fair enough.

But when you ask why inherently good people, or wholly innocent people (e.g babies) have to suffer the religious explanations get very murky.

"Free will" is a term oft bandied about......or as I would put it (irreverently) "sh*t happens". I've read some islamic sites saying it focuses the mind on the beauty of the hereafter. Also, somewhat alarmingly, that it may be punishment for sins.

I can only assume it's a subject that intelligent believers (is that an oxymoron?) confine to an area of their minds rarely, if ever, visited.
"Compartmentalisation"
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Its the more easy road to take when they haven't a clue as to why something has happened. Which in this country is 95% of the time. Solidarity creates unquestionable strength. [Unless your a British coal miner]
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I have heard it said also that to punish a child for the Father's "wrongs" makes dad's punishment worse. Reason being most parents would rather suffer themselves than see their child in distress. :tk