The Latest Political Ad

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

The Latest Political Ad

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Love him or hate him it is a good political message

phpBB [video]

LuxorFan

Re: The Latest Political Ad

Post by LuxorFan »

Yeah, if you're a bigot like Donald Trump.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I'd like to see Britain GREAT again, but I'm so glad Trump is not one of the players on our domestic political field at the moment. Hmm...then again, perhaps if he was he'd be easier to ignore than those that are.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

We know the Americans are daft, but surly not that daft, anyhow how when we leave Europe which we never were in,
who we going to deal with in america? I like Bernie...
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

LuxorFan wrote:Yeah, if you're a bigot like Donald Trump.

That has to be the kindest remark I've heard recently regarding the man .
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Like him or not he definitely has captured the interest of the average American. I just thought it was a good advert put out by him - using patriotic music and not on the attack (like so many political ads are).

He also has a definite following in the American populace.

But really - it boils down to Donald or Hillary and she isn't exactly squeaky clean either. Would love to see a field of non-establishment candidates who aren't carrying years of political baggage.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

" ....not on the attack" ?

Mmmmm......is "Hussein" ( nice inference there) .... "dumb"....or "a traitor"

The deal with Iran is "corruption"

"Obama is weak"....his "brain is foam"....

All puerile schoolboy stuff...to a jolly tune or two.

The whole video is an attack on Obama's presidency.....despite the fact it's only got a few months to run. And no mention of the Trump alternative "political message"....war with Iran...bomb the hell out of the middle east...ban muslim immigration....oh....and Mexican while we're at it...

The thought that someone like Trump might end up with their finger on the nuclear button should make your blood run cold.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

" ....not on the attack" ?

Mmmmm......is "Hussein" ( nice inference there) .... "dumb"....or "a traitor"

The deal with Iran is "corruption"

"Obama is weak"....his "brain is foam"....

All puerile schoolboy stuff...to a jolly tune or two.

The thought that someone like Trump might end up with their finger on the nuclear button should make your blood run cold.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'm NOT saying if I like him or not - my point was it was a much better political AD complete with patriot music than many of the political adverts that are running.

(Personally I don't like ANY of them running right now. Obama (and trust me I worked for the US gov't) definitely is NOT all that he is trying to portray himself nor is Hillary nor are hardly any of them! All are far to enmeshed and marching to the tune of different drummers.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

You have the advantage over me....I haven't seen ANY of the other Ads.

But if this is better than the rest, I won't be going looking for them anytime soon :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Lots of the candidates put out "Attack Ads" and believe me this Ad was very mild.

We don't get "attack ads" here in Canada of the vicious caliber they fly about in the USA BUT I do get American TV. If I knew how to capture some of them I'd post but I don't know how.

Like him or not Trump has found something just seething in many of the American people. He has a HUGE following that seems to be staying the course with him and it is growing. 'Course the 'other side' (Democrat) is sweating it as is the GOP (Republican) Establishment.... so .... IMO there is lots of hysteria that is maybe clouding the real message and the real issues.

Once the Conventions happen (for both) the real WAR of WORDS and Political Advertising will start.

November will prove up the winner.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Not exactly an Ad......but....

phpBB [video]
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Michael Moore (UGH!)
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Michael Moore has always been a lefty with his views and so has the guy from the Guardian Newspaper who was interviewing him, so both of their opinions on either Trump or Brexit are hardly surprising. Both fail to understand when dismissing the main issue as just being about immigration or Islamaphobia that the real issue is one of control of your own borders especially in the case of the UK within Europe. The majority of people I speak to have grave concerns for the unbridled immigration that previous governments allowed and the way their own life is being impacted by it. Both results will be determined by the majority casting their vote for the winner, that is democracy and none of us should be so arrogant as to then say that they the majority were wrong, especially if we come from the minority camp who lost the argument whichever way it goes.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

For many people immigration is a key issue and, for some, their response is "control the borders"......as if that will magic away all the problems of cultural integration, overall pressure caused by population increase etc.

It won't.

At least part of the debate should be about how we can better assimilate immigrants, and about the health, housing and education situation generally.....rather than just slamming the door in their face.

Looking at social media....and having spent a couple of weeks in UK listening to the arguments.... I am left with the impression that, for a significant number, the issue is that they don't like foreigners and don't want them in their backyard. And if they happen to be muslim foreigners, with their funny habits, they're even less welcome.

Racism is an unedifying sight at any time and, taken to its extreme..... deadly.

R.I.P. Jo Cox
LuxorFan

Post by LuxorFan »

Since California isn't in "play" we're spared most of the political ads. I pity the poor slobs who live in swing states.
LuxorFan

Post by LuxorFan »

Since California isn't in "play" we're spared most of the political ads. I pity the poor slobs who live in swing states.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Quote: Like him or not he definitely has captured the interest of the average American.

Well that is certainly not difficult, Superman, Batman, Capt America, Disney World, South Park, I could go on, but you get the idea... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I see where you are coming from Newcastle, but like many of these issues they get extremely polarised and often the ordinary man on the streets view is denigrated and consigned to being always racially motivated. However most peoples concerns are not the actual immigration, but rather the rate it has taken place, many areas have seen their social infrastructure take a real beating because of this. People cannot get doctors appointments, hospitals are overcrowded, schools and other institutions are unable to cope. OK we can lay the blame on existing and subsequent governments that under invest, but the bottom line is if you cannot control the amount of people entering a country then you cannot plan the infrastructure required, It is alarming to think that in a country the size of the UK that we need to build the equivalent the a large city every year just to meet the housing requirement of migration, that sort of thing cannot continue without some sort of proper control. I think it is disingenuous that people who hold other views have to bring the Brexit side of the debate down to it just being racist, if that were the case then at least 50% of the UK would fall into that category and that is patently untrue.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I certainly don't think all Brexit supporters are racist....I said a significant number....and this is borne out if you are, as I am, bombarded daily by links to pro-Brexit sites. The comments (by OUT supporters) are, at times, quite depressing.

The assumption that every new immigrant requires a school place, or medical attention, is obviously fallacious. Of course it creates pressure but some would have you think that "city the size of Newcastle"(or whatever the current location is) is being suddenly dumped on an unsuspecting rural surgery or primary school.

The 350 million a week cost of EU membership is the least of the OUT campaigners' hyperbole (downright lie, actually).

The REMAIN camp are also mired in dodgy statistics.

Nevertheless, the views of the preponderance of economists, here and abroad, and of business leaders is in favour of REMAIN......but is dismissed as self-interest, or "they were wrong about the Euro" (what a fatuous argument) and balanced against "democracy".

I've rarely seen that term so abused and misused.

If the vote is for OUT then at least the way ahead is straightforward....if a tad messy

If it's REMAIN.....I foresee discontent rumbling on.