If Jesus walked today.

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

If Jesus walked today.

Post by Scottishtourist »

Newcastle recently posted a link to "Life of Brian."The crucifixion scene."Always look on the bright side of life."

In it's day this scene caused a bit of controversy.But..were they mocking Christianity?Or merely showing us a way forward?

Religion doesn't have to be all "doom and gloom!"
Whilst newcastle mentioned the "happy clappy"style..is that really so wrong?
A hymn is just a prayer set to music!If it's slow and boring..then it will drive people away.

If Jesus walked the earth today..do you really think He would appreciate all the "doom and gloom"and maudlin songs?
Or would he embrace the more upbeat songs,understand that times have changed,etc?

I imagine He would still mingle with the prostitutes,the homeless,etc.
I cannot imagine however that He would object to upbeat songs proclaiming His glory.

So...if Jesus walked today..what kind of a guy do you think he'd be?I imagine Him as a kinda backpacker,a bit rough and scruffy round the edges..but with a genuine heart of gold.

The kinda guy who you would be reluctant to invite to your home..cos he probably needs a "good wash"but never the less,the guy who you would happily chat to in the pub..all the while considering Him a bit eccentric,but caring and honest,and providing you with food for thought.

So..if Jesus walked today..would you invite Him into your company?Or immediately presume that He is a worthless drifter and a vagabond?What with His presumptions and parables?

And also when so many other religions are prevalent nowadays would you even give Him the time of day?

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: If Jesus walked today.

Post by newcastle »

You have to go back 1400 years to find the last "prophet" who caught people's imagination in a lasting sense....although the audience was a pretty clueless desert community with little scientific knowledge.

Most subsequent claimants of some divine connection have passed into obscurity. Many were quickly seen for the charlatans they were.

Having said that, Joseph Smith (a pretty obvious charlatan) can look down (assuming he's "up there" somewhere) on 15 million followers of Mormonism.

Nowadays , most people, rightly so, require more in the way of evidence/proof for exceptional claims.....except in the case of longstanding religions where "blind faith" appears to override rational, evidence-based consideration.

There's a high probability that any modern day Jesus would be viewed simply as a disturbed eccentric....although he/she would be advised to avoid ISIS -controlled areas. They haven't given up on crucifixion.
Adamantium

Post by Adamantium »

I think if Jesus was around he would not appear as he does in popular art & film depictions. Touched by heavenly glory he would stand beautiful a beauty as would have those who look upon him feel such joy. He would then approach Mr Trump to tell him many of the things he does opposes his way & so shame Trump into realising he is anti-Christ not pro-Christ.However as he comes not fulfilling the Republican Right wing Christian ideology they would then say to people 'This man is not Christ. He has the face of Lucifer. He looks nothing like his painted image' and so they turn on him again when he alerts them to the fact weapons are an abomination. Once someone comes to make a peaceful world as opposed their right to bear arms that is where America fails Jesus. They might also turn on him if he is not White.Creating Jesus in their chosen image would leave them disappointed.

Jesus whose teachings reflect Daoist philosophy may do good deed but decide not to practice having fame. Look where fame him got him 2000 years ago. In this fame obsessed World they would wish to make him more of a commodity than he already is. All those A list celebs would then become B - celebs.So he may decide Heaven should be his base of operation coming amongst us to do his healing like Santa while we sleep.Then he can avoid annoying teenagers wanting a quick selfie with him or reporters lunging at him with microphones. He would give us sermons from upon high communicating with us on a level we are not capable of.

He would bring peace after all he possesses all the powers of every X man that ever was now he has transcended beyond mitral confines. The republicans with their Evangelical butt kissers would have to hide their heads in shame having convinced the gullible that Jesus speaks through them. They would corer having been found out. Jesus would further alienate the Republicans when he reminds them 'Thou shall not steal' 'Thou shall not kill' two commandments they decided to disobey on a grand scale by taking America from it's native people a good number who are themselves now Christian. They are also probably closer to his vision as they value the environment. So he would further alienate the Rapture hopefuls by embracing the persecuted Native American over the stuffy 'Praise the Lord!' Shouting self righteous egos.

God bless America...How?

He may not even call himself Jesus given all that had been done in that name. A simple creature he'll stick to calling himself Christ.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

He does walk today, normally in the grounds of the Whitehouse. Let's put it this way the occupier of the Whitehouse really does think he can walk on water. It's a good job he has got intelligent people around him to cool things and deny what this imbacile is trying. 2 weeks gone, will there be another 2 weeks of this idiot! ST how's your leader going on, you know the Anti-Christ, the one trying to keep Scotland in the EU, knowing full well how the Scottish Economy cannot afford it.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

I found Jesus and he told me that he loved me.... :ks
Unfortunately it was in a South American prison in 1997..... :|

Each to their own, and I hope it works out for you, but after careful consideration of the facts, all this Jesus stuff aint for me. :ct
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

John Landon wrote:

Each to their own, and I hope it works out for you, but after careful consideration of the facts, all this Jesus stuff aint for me. :ct
If it wasn't for the brainwashing of children by their elders there'd be no Jesus stuff or any other deistic religion. It's not the sort of thing you'd dream up yourself without some serious and persistent suggestion.....which, unlike Father Christmas and unicorns, continues to be reinforced into your adult years.

Think DRK on a worldwide level :lol:
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

On the second time of me seeing this show, afterwards I saw Jesus hopping on a bus heading up Shaftsbury Avenue.
'Strange but true.... 8)

phpBB [video]
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

I can beat that Who2, I saw Christ on a Bike, I kiddeth ye not brethren.....
( and what a bunch of belligerent self righteous *******'s those lot normally are )

He seemed to quit enjoy the music I was playing in my car though, "Dont Look Back" by Boston IIRC.... :cg
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

"If Jesus Christ were alive today hed be gunned down dead by the CIA"

Armageddon Times Again - The The.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

;) Then again, although Jesus spent a very short time in the world, look at the influence he alone has had over the last 2,000 years.

"I Believe in Miracles"......................................... :up
Smile! It confuses people
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

His name influenced the Rwandan massacre's, one of the sides used to chant ''I kill in the name of Jesus.'' As over a million innocents were murdered.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

It seems that any person, whether their original intentions are good or bad who becomes a charismatic leader, will eventually find their name used by people who see power just in the name.

Countless times people have done things that would have been roundly condemned by the original bearer of a charismatic name. That's the nature of the human beast. :(
Smile! It confuses people
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Says it all really...... :ct

Killing in the name of ?

One born every minute though...... 8)
John Landon
Top Member