Obamacare

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Obamacare

Post by newcastle »

I have to confess that I don't understand how the American healthcare system operates. I seems nothing like our NHS.

I have also to confess schadenfreude at Trump's discomfort in the defeat of his attempt to repeal Obamacare and replace it with something else. Demagogues always raise my hackles.

Trump - in a typical 'Trumpism' - declares Obamacare will " implode, and soon will explode." Whatever.

What I can't understand is why the Democrats (who obviously love Obamacare) and the Republicans (who obviously hate it) can't pool their collective wisdom and, if Obamacare has systemic weaknesses, either amend it or replace it with something better.

This is what we do with faulty legislation over here. They seem to do things very differently over there.

The polls indicate - as polls often do - whatever you want them to indicate!

Simply walking away from what seems to be a serious issue, over which the population is deeply divided, is very strange.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Re: Obamacare

Post by carrie »

Just as well that their are checks and balances on the ambitions of this would be autocrat. Not being a politician I don't think he realised that he couldn't just announce that certain things would be done, he's president of a country not a company.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Even if the elected government have a good idea, then support it. Don't pay an opposition just to debase it, if it's a good idea and good for one's Country then support the idea.
Else that Country will just disappear under the waves through pointless bickering... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Slightly off topic, but just watched the latest season of Z Nation, a funny outlook at a zombie apocalypses in the US. This was released towards the mid of 2016. In one episode there are two contenders attempting to persuade a small group of survivors to vote for him as the next elected President. One is obviously a caricature of Trump, his voice, hairstyle, mannerisms and projected promised benefits of voting for him, even a barrier to keep the undead vermin out of America, but not a wall but a series of very large and deep holes filled with the ''unwanted'' still alive people. The Zombies would fall in the holes to eat their brains, the main diet of a Zombie. The actor even looked like him. :tk Actually it could of been him, taking a leaf out of Regan's book, just in case he had lost the election.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.