Tramadol

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Tramadol

Post by carrie »

Just been listening to a report, I didn't know that it was an offense in the UK to be in possession of Tramadol tablets unless in receipt of a valid doctors prescription. I think dear Laura will have further questions to answer if ever she gets out. Thought before she was just stupid now well !!!!

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Tramadol

Post by Who2 »

I heard that as well, was she dealing in the UK as well, one might ask ?
What does our very own Shaw Taylor think ? MT we await your deductions as to the latest revelations.
A Dr say's: "Just say No to Drugs" can you really imagine a Doctor saying that ?
'The game is afoot Watson"...... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote:Just been listening to a report, I didn't know that it was an offense in the UK to be in possession of Tramadol tablets unless in receipt of a valid doctors prescription. I think dear Laura will have further questions to answer if ever she gets out. Thought before she was just stupid now well !!!!
Surely it's an offence to "unlawfully" possess ANY controlled drug?

I take " controlled" to include any drug requiring a prescription. The prescription only makes the drug lawful for the person to whom the prescription was issued.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I take " controlled" to include any drug requiring a prescription.
Not strictly true as many over the counter drugs are also issued on doctors prescriptions, but I take your point.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

That is correct Carrie, Tramadol is a prescription drug and the offence is using a prescribed medicine when not prescribed by the medical profession. I think most people know Tramadol is easily available in Egypt. All you need is a Doctor with no scruples, who can get it in from Lybia or the surrounding Countries. I have experienced this myself when other pain killers were ineffective.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

So you knowingly broke the law and obtained a banned drug? very foolish IMO.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote:That is correct Carrie, Tramadol is a prescription drug and the offence is using a prescribed medicine when not prescribed by the medical profession.
Is that correct? I thought the offence was being in possession of, rather than using, a 'controlled' substance - including medicines/drugs not specifically prescribed for you.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

carrie wrote:Just been listening to a report, I didn't know that it was an offense in the UK to be in possession of Tramadol tablets unless in receipt of a valid doctors prescription. I think dear Laura will have further questions to answer if ever she gets out. Thought before she was just stupid now well !!!!
Carrie, that did come up at the time this case became news. I think I commented on it too because somewhere along the line there would seem to have been fraudulent use of NHS Prescriptions. The Tramadol was [allegedly] prescribed for her friend who then passed it on to Laura. If she gave it to her, then the friend is in the wrong because they would have, one assumes, specifically prescribed for her. If they had been prescribed for the friend and she had sold them on the Laura then there is a another offence because you are definitely not allowed to sell NHS goods on, even if they are surplus to your own needs - be that incontinence pads or drugs.
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
Major Thom wrote:That is correct Carrie, Tramadol is a prescription drug and the offence is using a prescribed medicine when not prescribed by the medical profession.
Is that correct? I thought the offence was being in possession of, rather than using, a 'controlled' substance - including medicines/drugs not specifically prescribed for you.
You're right, strictly speaking, although using a controlled substance rather implies you are/were in possession of it....even if just internally :lol:
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

% weeks after starting the course Horus Egypt banned the sale of Tramadol, but I needed some until Preglavex came into stock so got some imported via a Doctor. I could not due without one or the other being racked with back pain following falling down some uneven steps.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

newcastle wrote:
HEPZIBAH wrote:
You're right, strictly speaking, although using a controlled substance rather implies you are/were in possession of it....even if just internally :lol:
True, but I was thinking that it is possible to possess without ever taking. I understand that many of the clever drug dealers do just that, knowing that it's better to bank the profits rather than sniff at them. ;-)
-Aldous Huxley
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

This whole subject on here is getting really silly, so let's get a few things sorted out.

I know as fact that there are three people on this forum TODAY who, while living in Egypt took a prescribed drug, through a pharmacist in Egypt that was far more dangerous to their future health than Tramadol ever would be. These three people used the drug Auguamentin 1 gm., which is an antibiotic. In simple English, this would be like taking a ball weight on a crane to hit a nail into wood, when in fact the weight would have missed the nail, and instead would have shattered the wood, and certainly their future health.

Tramadol is one of those drugs given to a patient who really needs surgery to correct a problem in the patient's body. However in Egypt, U.K., and many other parts of the world, these drugs have played a important part in controlling the pain. The patient is often asked what would they desire, an operation that may have complications, depending on age,....etc or to stay with the controlled addictive drug,......the answer is simple.

Many people between the age of 30 to 45 suffer from what is known as crystolization of the bone within the arm, or upper arm. Most such patients in the U.K. are supplied with morphine patches rather than surgery, this is crazy.

The nations of the world are suddenly realising how expensive drugs such as Tramadol really are, and what's more, now they have stopped the supply, ....will they give these patients the right to have such problems operated on.

If you live in the U.K. And suffer in pain, then my advise is to times this pain by 10 fold, then you will receive the true treatment. Should such a person be on oral morphine 300ml bottle and are NOT so called end of life patients are at a very serious stage where surgery is urgent.

TRAMADOL is a very important powerful drug that most people in their life will be grateful for,....so let's stop being silly.

Moderator Note:
Members should always take great care when reading information about medicines/drugs and their uses in forums. Such information should be checked with a reliable professional source e.g a pharmacist, the manufacturers information or NHS online.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

If I may further add to my statement, when living in Egypt you should not be guided by a pharmacist, who really has no knowledge of your general health. Unless you are registered with a G.P. in that country, then of course he or she will have little or no knowledge of your general health history. Therefore if you live in Egypt, you should register with a G.P.

Remember pharmacists in Luxor are there to make as much money from the person as possible, most have few morals, whether the customer is an awaja or Egyptian.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I was very grateful that I could get Tramadol at the time, but once Preglavex came on to the market, (A drug that is not based on Opium and therefore not addictive) I was also very grateful. It was however around 6 weeks before I got over the effects of bring on Tramadol. I remember walking to the local restaurant and without notice just blacked out and fell to the ground like a tree that had been cut. Once the Preglavex had kicked in the cold sweats stopped, the headaches and side effects of Tramadol stopped I was absolutely fine. What A4 described, about pre and post surgery is perfectly correct and many people would not be able to do without them, and when I was taking the drug I was under medical supervision every week. I am sure though that there are other drugs on the market now that do the same job and are not addictive
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

When I was hospitalised recently due to chronic kidney stone pain, they gave me morphine, but it was a 3 hour struggle to get them to give me more each time it wore off.

In the end I discharged myself at 11:30 at night, weary of the constant struggle with the medical profession of attempting to get pain relief in the 21st century in a first world hospital and went home and self medicated.
Said medication lasted 16 hours compared to the 4 hour pain relief I got from the morphine.

I then decided to tackle the root cause of the problem myself and got rid off all my kidney stones with another home remedy. :up
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Major Thom wrote:. I am sure though that there are other drugs on the market now that do the same job and are not addictive
This is very true, gone are the days when GP's would prescribe medication that, shall we say, gave bonuses when prescribing certain makers drugs. I sure many will remember the Roche Valium days of the late 80's - 90's.

These days a GP no longer has to check his Mims or BNF as its now called, before prescribing suitable medication. By simply checking his or her computer, it can easily be determined whether new medication would clash with existing drugs.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

John Landon wrote:When I was hospitalised recently due to chronic kidney stone pain, they gave me morphine, but it was a 3 hour struggle to get them to give me more each time it wore off.

In the end I discharged myself at 11:30 at night, weary of the constant struggle with the medical profession of attempting to get pain relief in the 21st century in a first world hospital and went home and self medicated.
Said medication lasted 16 hours compared to the 4 hour pain relief I got from the morphine.

I then decided to tackle the root cause of the problem myself and got rid off all my kidney stones with another home remedy. :up
It is my belief here John that your surgeon had 'written up' a set amount of morphine for you throughout the night, and unless you are about to drop dead the night nursing staff must stick to the rules.

It seems to me that you are what is called by surgeons in the renal and urology departments, as a stone maker, if this is so, I suggest it would be good to require a annual X-ray, which would detect early development.

You do not need me to inform you that such pain is most extreme, with the nearest example of a woman in child birth. Should such a condition happen at home, advice the doctor who will arrive about the same time as the ambulance, that you would certainly appreciate one suppository of 100 mg of Diclofenac Sodium, he or she will appreciate your knowledge of such pain relief, remain in hospital for your op,.............and don't forget to thank me in the future after your next stone.

P.S. - Ask them next time to analyse a future stone, the results will advise you which certain foods to avoid, usually this is any fried food.

Best wishes

A-Four. :wi .
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Well our Laura from Hell has just lost her appeal.
I was once sentenced to 18 months, but did 12 for £1,350,000.
So different Countries different rules..
Editor's note that should read Hull..... 8)
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... es-appeal/
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

A-Four wrote:
It is my belief here John that your surgeon had 'written up' a set amount of morphine for you throughout the night, and unless you are about to drop dead the night nursing staff must stick to the rules.
Sadly A-Four it was a case of the right hand not having a clue about the left hand... Therfore no med's put aside for me... :urm:
A-Four wrote: It seems to me that you are what is called by surgeons in the renal and urology departments, as a stone maker, if this is so, I suggest it would be good to require a annual X-ray, which would detect early development.

You do not need me to inform you that such pain is most extreme, with the nearest example of a woman in child birth. Should such a condition happen at home, advice the doctor who will arrive about the same time as the ambulance, that you would certainly appreciate one suppository of 100 mg of Diclofenac Sodium, he or she will appreciate your knowledge of such pain relief, remain in hospital for your op,.............and don't forget to thank me in the future after your next stone.

P.S. - Ask them next time to analyse a future stone, the results will advise you which certain foods to avoid, usually this is any fried food.
Getting any form of treatment involves a massive wait, never mind asking them to even consider the possibility of analysing the stones to find out what specifically causes them.

Kidney stone pain or "Renal Chronic" as those Doctors like to call it is indeed worse than childbirth, as confirmed to me by a lady who was waiting to have her stones get zapped with lithotripsy.
(lithotripsy came about from the WW2 pilots of Lancaster and Halifax bombers reporting that glass faced instruments behind them would crack and shatter in heavy rainstorms )

Sadly I have never had much luck with Doctors in more ways than one, and these days I take matters into my own hands as far as possible.
GP's a re just salesmen for synthesised products of nature. The rest of them in hospitals seem to take an eternity to give you the treatment you require..

I refused to divulge my secret pain relief to the smarmy female doctor who asked "What have you got better at home than we have here " ?
The cure involved 2 very common products from your local supermarket or village shop and cost about 4 quid ! Oh and lots of Water... :br
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

Its an opioid and there are real risks with that. Risks that careless and lazy GP's sometimes fail to mention. Risks that people with addictive personalities/brain structures are vulnerable to.

A related matter concerning the exploding medical opioid problems in the US (official estimates of $US500billion a year) connected with another opioid pain killer OxyContin is at https://www.afr.com/news/world/north-am ... 924-h15slv

Its a long article more about the 'family' that made the money ($US13 billion) from the drug who have now kicked over the traces - some UK references - but generally long winded about a very serious problem of medical opioid addiction and how the government regulatory agencies, the FDA, let something onto the market without realizing its devastating negative effects.

I don't know the chemical similarities between T and Oxy but what has happened in the US should be an alarm to everyone about the risks of this type of drug.