Gay Relationships In Luxor

Discuss the problems that can occur in relationships with differing cultures and help overcome any barriers that exist.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Arthur

Post by Arthur »

What makes you think I want to label you as a 'queer basher', TB, I rather assumed that you were more civilised... ?

But I still don't have the faintest idea what you are talking about when you talk about a "homosexual lobby" or what you mean by the "dishonest ways" they are pushing their agenda. Perhaps you could explain...

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy »

Sorry Arthur, but I'm tired, and I've tried my best to put my thoughts into words. It's obvious that there is a very large difference between our whole way of thinking, and I'm not quite passionate enough to carry on banging my head against the wall.
Goodnight.
TonyC

Post by TonyC »

Teddyboy wrote:I'm fully aware that dictionary compilers change the meaning of words due to common usage [...] It's the intention of the common usage which I question here.

As for your 'blast from the past' section; is there something untrue or misleading in your examples? Or is it more likely that you are both so intent on furthering the homosexual agenda, that even this lame attempt at ridiculing the opposition is thought worthwhile? Although it's embarrassing to read, it must be even more embarrassing to realise that you actually wrote it!
I, too, am not daft enough to keep hitting my head against a brick wall, but "furthering the homosexual agenda"? My agenda is to fight against prejudiced language which can lead to hatred, coupled with a desire to see greater fairness and equality. To that, I plead guilty!

I'm not embarrassed to read what I wrote, even if TB sees it as "ridiculing the opposition". I've dealt professionally with many of these articles, and read many more, and I know exactly what the "agenda" was there. All the phrases and attitudes quoted were trotted out every time the "homosexual lobby" - their phrase, not mine - was perceived to have gained a victory. Things are much quieter these days on that front.

Anyway, the good fight goes on ... but not by me here!
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Last reply; I always thought that 'fighting the good fight, was related to rescuing damsels in distress from tall towers........8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Queencleo
Post by Queencleo »

Arthur wrote: My Egyptian partner and I have had to face that extreme dilemma, and we have therefore been planning our life together in the UK for 8 1/2 years. So please don't lecture or judge me on what I know or do not know about the plight of gay Egyptians or on restraint and self control. I have witnessed the person I love persecuted to the point where he just wanted to walk into the desert to die. He's just spent 3 months in jail having been arrested by the army in Tahrir Square. I have worked paid and unpaid for LGBT equality in the UK for 22 years. I have heard every argument against equality going, but in the end, in my experience, truth and justice prevails. And I remain optimistic about the future of Egypt. And whether you agree or not, I believe that islam, like every other religion, will eventually come to terms with this specific form of injustice, just as each of them has with slavery.

And I am glad that some here have had the grace to wish my partner and I well and I am also glad that the local imam in my city has offered to be a witness to our civil partnership.

I would have prefered to keep my private life private, and I may well regret having spoken about some of it here. But my life has confirmed what the bible says: "the truth will set you free."
:clap: :rx: :br:

I hope both you and your partner are finding things a bit easier now-a-days.

I try to avoid this section, in fact, I avoid posting but I had a quick look through this thread and it's had me singing a few Lily Allen songs this morning :)))

Good Luck Arthur and you go girl x

Queencleo aka No.1 Fag Hag
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

Many thanks for your kind thoughts, Queencleo. If I knew the words I'd sing along... xx :cheer:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Arthur wrote:Many thanks for your kind thoughts, Queencleo. If I knew the words I'd sing along... xx :cheer:
I miss you Arthur. :)
Smile! It confuses people
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

:hug:
I should make clear this smilie is no way a proposition ... I'm 'nearly' a married man, inshallah.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

:roll: ;) :lol:
Smile! It confuses people