Orfi

Discuss the problems that can occur in relationships with differing cultures and help overcome any barriers that exist.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Sofistikaz

Orfi

Post by Sofistikaz »

hi there , i have been so stupid !!!!!!!!!!!!
i have been friends with an egyptian man for 2 years and this time i stay in villa but when i get there there is no vila no car and we sent him the money to pay for these i sign paper when i get to apartment only to find out 5 days later he has gone and our money and that i have signed marriage contract . i have lawyer and been to goverment and police . i dont know wot this orfi is but he writes and tells me i am his wife for life ? this has turned out so bad and now will go to court . i could do with some help on this its driving me maddddd !!!!!

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Hi Sofi, sounds bad, but at least you are in the UK according to your flag.
There are lots of posts about Orfi marriage on this site if you have an hour or two to go through them.

Try entering Orfi in search at the top of the page.

Good luck. :)
Smile! It confuses people
Kevininabydos

Post by Kevininabydos »

AN ORFI IS NOT FOR LIFE! It is barely legal and not recognised in the UK. It is easy to get out of, just tell him "I divorce you" 3 times and tear it in half - done. As "MD" says above, there are loads of threads on this con on the site. Do a search, the advice will still be valid.
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

Marcus Aurelius
Arthur

Re: Orfi

Post by Arthur »

Sofistikaz wrote:i have lawyer and been to goverment and police .
And what did they advise you?
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I thought only the man could say "I divorce you" three times.
Barb

Post by Barb »

If the paper has a round stamp on it with a bird in the centre then the marriage has gone through the court then this is a legal marriage and you will have to go back to the court to divorce him. You should have had to go to the court with him though. If it only has a lawyer stamp then just rip up the paper and forget about him. Sorry to tell you but you will probably have no chance of getting your money back from him.
The most important thing is that you learn from this and dont sign anything ever again without knowing what you are signing.
Good luck for the future.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Tourism must be picking up again...first one of these posts in ages.
Kevininabydos

Post by Kevininabydos »

Glyphdoctor wrote:Tourism must be picking up again...first one of these posts in ages.
Meow!!
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

Marcus Aurelius
Isis*dancer

Post by Isis*dancer »

I feel sorry for you but he certainly took his time in manipulating you. Sorry also to say but you will never see your money again and just rip up the "Orfi" if you have it. How did you come to sign it anyway if you are in the UK?
Azurite

Post by Azurite »

I do so agree with you !!!!

You have been stupid !!!

Will these women ever learn !!!!

I fear not, which is why any self respecting woman who travels alone, for whatever reason will get tarred with the same brush, shame on these women who let the rest of us down so badly.
Miriamkhalifa

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

Azurite:

You say "Will these women ever learn" : Azurite, you ARE aware it is not the same woman every time, don't you? :lol:

There are more than 3 billion females in this world, and I am sure none of them gets through life without any mistakes or bad choices, and these cases will definately never cease to appear, best we can do is provide some truth and some advice, and let us hope it helps at least those who do the research BEFORE they have stepped into the traps.
"One band, two oil barrels, three chords, four dreams, five lies, six ties, seven deadly sins and eight ways to stay alive. They know who you are, they know where you live, they're the Kaizers Orchestra~"
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Well they keep me amused...I leave them with this little 'ditty..........8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Azurite

Post by Azurite »

Well that's kind of why I put WOMEN & not WOMAN, I do so hope you get the difference.

However .... I fail to make any sense of the " Don't you " I assume you meant something else. :lol: :lol: :lol:
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by jewel »

As they say "there's one born every minute" but in this case a few thousand I would say........

It's just sex tourism plain and simple, to pretend otherwise........if these women just treat it as " fun in the sun" it would be more honest instead of Dresing it up to be something it's not.
The men may do it for the money, or for other reasons. Women usually give clothes, meals, cash, sex, and gifts to their male prostitutes. In some destinations, there are "going rates" for male companionship, ranging from £25 to £100 In other destinations, especially in Southern Europe, Turkey, and the French Caribbean, men do not expect to be compensated.

For anyone interested in reading more on this subject this ooh is informative

http://www.ashgate.com/isbn/9780754647881
I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!

Rachel turner

Post by Rachel turner »

Still no better in the Luxor forum then .- ??? glad to be out of the **** hole !!;)
Friends are like stars -you dont always see them but they are always there........
Christine

Post by Christine »

I agree Rachel, a handfull of folk willing to actually give advice, the rest back up on thier soap boxes again, who makes people like this so damned judgemental and condescending??
You get out of life what you are prepared to put in x
Stardust

Post by Stardust »

Way cant some of you on here be a little more 'gentle' with people? Show me a single person in Luxor who has not made a mistake in their judgement. ( our learned friend, GD, is in Cairo so doesnt count!) Some of the men here are so skilled at what they do and its not just single females who fall victim...its men and couples as well.

Remember the old saying '' If you cant think of anything nice to say, dont say anything at all''

You would be much better aiming your acid comments at the men who perpetrate these 'crimes' because thats what they are. We should be united against these men and refer to them as criminals, not conmen.

And you should be encouraging her to go through the courts....one day the worm will turn and someone somewhere will get justice but that wont happen if everone just gives up.
Christine

Post by Christine »

Well said Stardust , you are spot on on many counts :)
You get out of life what you are prepared to put in x
Rachel turner

Post by Rachel turner »

glad some of you are still non judgemental- help on here is few and far between now gone are the good old days with the likes of ebakistu an who had more depth of character than anyone. - those who live in Luxor are too far into themselves they dont care about the ones that are needing guidence.. those that really need help !! the ones that give help know who they are - to have someone in the pits of despair to offer a helping hand are the ones that are a credit to this forum......pity this forum has lost its love of life
Friends are like stars -you dont always see them but they are always there........
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy »

Rachel turner wrote:glad some of you are still non judgemental- help on here is few and far between now gone are the good old days with the likes of ebakistu an who had more depth of character than anyone. - those who live in Luxor are too far into themselves they dont care about the ones that are needing guidence.. those that really need help !! the ones that give help know who they are - to have someone in the pits of despair to offer a helping hand are the ones that are a credit to this forum......pity this forum has lost its love of life
Gee Rachel, your into putting the forum down a lot recently... Im sure you got lots of advice when you was quite active on the forum, forums are not always all love & peace, that would be impossible cause people have different kind of views on things which might not be your view. Still the forum is no where near the bitchiness you see on other forums.

I care about people on and off the forum and would give them any help or information they need, and im sure many on here would do the same, so you are wrong in saying "help on here is few and far between". reading the posts in this thread it looks like ONLY a couple out of 1,000's of members have put somthing negative. the rest have tried to help, maybe there is many like myself that dont have an answer so we dont post. This last week there as been quite a few helpful posts from various members. If you dont like it here you dont have to visit us. 8)

BTW - I deleted your last post since this was a private message and should be in a PM.

EDIT - BTW 2 - running forums for quite sometime it looks like the 1 post made by this member is just to wind us up and cause the kind of reactions that it got.