Marrying in Cairo

Discuss the problems that can occur in relationships with differing cultures and help overcome any barriers that exist.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Wills

Marrying in Cairo

Post by Wills »

Nothing better to do than look at the British Embassy website and this is one of the thing stated before you can marry your Egyptian partner. lol

Medical certificates for both parties from a government hospital to the effect that both parties are qualified physically for marriage.

Anyone know about this?

LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member

Post by LivinginLuxor »

Why not mentally?
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
Beryl

Re: Marrying in Cairo

Post by Beryl »

Wills wrote:Medical certificates for both parties from a government hospital to the effect that both parties are qualified physically for marriage.

Anyone know about this?
I wonder if it is referring to HIV tests. Don't foreigners applying for employment and residency in Egypt now have to have this test?
Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy »

That's a bit of a cynical question Stan, surely you're not calling into question the sanity of all the old rich European and American women?
Shareen

Post by Shareen »

Beryl wrote:
Wills wrote:Medical certificates for both parties from a government hospital to the effect that both parties are qualified physically for marriage.

Anyone know about this?
I wonder if it is referring to HIV tests. Don't foreigners applying for employment and residency in Egypt now have to have this test?
Must be Beryl..... after all there is no Aids in Egypt, only the foreigners have it

I guess its a bit like the medical that goes with the driving licence...... eyes ok, hearing ok...... stomach? What has the state of your stomach got to do with whether or not you can drive?
Mimimay

Post by Mimimay »

:lol: I know Shareen, all you can think is 'Thank God they have good stomachs', cos they can't bloody drive :lol:
You've had to have an Aids test in Luxor when applying for a work visa for as long as I can remember Beryl :)
Different eyes see different things......different hearts beat different strings Image
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Brian Yare »

Maybe they are not interested in inherited diseases. Could it be a fertilty test?
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by jewel »

Sadly it appears that the incidence of HIV and AIDs is far higher than the stats show, a lot this is underreporting due to stigma attached so diagnosis, cause ofdeath registered as something else. This is one such tale....
http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/fe ... 25310.html

Also could it be due to the extremely high rates of hepatitis C found in Egypt? ( 1in10 ) There are many people either suffering or carriers of this prevalent condition. :?
I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!

Arthur

Post by Arthur »

Wills wrote:Nothing better to do than look at the British Embassy website and this is one of the thing stated before you can marry your Egyptian partner. lol

Medical certificates for both parties from a government hospital to the effect that both parties are qualified physically for marriage.

Anyone know about this?
It should be clarified that this is nothing to do with UK immigration rules, but are requirements by the Notary Public Office in Cairo for those having a civil marriage there. There are no health requirements other than the capacity to consent to a marriage in the UK.
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by jewel »

I think it's a good idea to screen all prospective migrant/immigrants for certain diseases eg TB AIDS Hepatitis to limit the spread.......somewhat like prospective NHS patients are screened for MRSA for example.

Long term prevention is certainly better and less expensive than cure :)

Arthur

Post by Arthur »

jewel wrote:Long term prevention is certainly better and less expensive than cure :)
or, as you said in relation to Aids...
keeps the human population nicely down
Make your mind up.

You're not interested in preventing disease, you just hate immigrants. I thought you wanted us all to become extinct. Didn't you say "Bring it on"?
Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Bearded Brian »

I can't see anything contradictory here - if your not going to let the population die then at least save money with prevention. And I don't think you can say Jewel just hate immigrants as that makes her sound racist she just hates the human race :)
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

Bearded Brian wrote:I can't see anything contradictory here - if your not going to let the population die then at least save money with prevention. And I don't think you can say Jewel just hate immigrants as that makes her sound racist she just hates the human race :)
BB, She said that Aids "keeps the human population nicely down" viewtopic.php?p=335777&highlight=#335777.

So you either want Aids to kill people or you want to prevent it from doing so. You can't have it both ways.
And yes Jewel has a special hatred for immigrants and Muslims in particular.
Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy »

"Jewel has a special hatred for immigrants and Muslims in particular."

That's the trouble with some intellectual people; by using the clever 'lateral thinking' thingy; they come up with the entirely wrong conclusion sometimes! It does amuse others, however, not least their would-be 'victims'!
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

And what "wrong conclusion" would that be then, TB... ?
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by jewel »

Arthur dear you really are a sensitive soul are you not?
Also it does lead you to leap to such conclusions, but you can't deny the facts of the matter......not a question of "hate"at all.

Why should I spend my money in treating people with aids? Bad enough my taxes are spent supporting breeders! Prevention is straightforward enough....a bit like preventing breeding actually :roll:

http://www.care2.com/causes/gays-sex-is ... icial.html
Gay sex should e encouraged, certainly good for the environment :) ;)

Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy »

Well, I thought that my meaning was quite plain, Arthur, as it's all written down there for you, or anyone else, to see!

In my view: not wanting to have your National identity swamped by certain classes of workshy, disruptive and very costly economic immigrants doesn't equate to having a 'special hatred for immigrants', and is therefore a "wrong conclusion" drawn from what jewel regularly posts.

Neither does further publicising (already public) knowledge regarding the illegal or inflammatory excesses of certain well established Muslim groups or leaders, or the overarching expansionist and domineering political and religious objectives of Islam, actually equate with hating 'Muslims in particular'. Which is another wrongly drawn conclusion from jewels writings!

Does that answer you question?

It would be like assuming that because I HATE garlic: I also hate all other root vegetables, which is absolute nonsense!

I have to say, nevertheless, that although jewel might well have 'a special hatred for immigrants and Muslims in particular' I believe that it is not proven from what she writes on here!
Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Bearded Brian »

Arthur wrote:
Bearded Brian wrote:I can't see anything contradictory here - if your not going to let the population die then at least save money with prevention. And I don't think you can say Jewel just hate immigrants as that makes her sound racist she just hates the human race :)
BB, She said that Aids "keeps the human population nicely down" viewtopic.php?p=335777&highlight=#335777.

So you either want Aids to kill people or you want to prevent it from doing so. You can't have it both ways.
True Arthur you can't have it both ways the way you have selected your words and this isn't what I was saying (and probably not what Jewel was saying either) as you have only given 2 options and unfortunately things aren't that black or white (can I say that without being branded a casual racist :) )

It's a bit like an election in a seat just held by the 'big enders' over the centre party and you are a 'Little ender' but the 'Little enders' have no chance of winning you vote centre to get the 'Big enders' out – not what you really want (ie not having the 'Little enders' in) but better than the 'Big enders' getting back in. (not talking Eastenders but eggs– try Swift).

So the options (taken from Jewel's posts and put in their simplest of terms) are
a) Death
b) Prevention
c) Cure
My preference would be a) but failing that then b) and there is no contradiction there.
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

jewel wrote:Gay sex should e encouraged, certainly good for the environment
Do you ever read the links you post? The Care2 article says: "the risk of extinction through homosexual couples not being able to directly procreate remains negligible at best. What is concerning though is the thought process that has led Yalley to this conclusion and the rhetoric that seems to be going unchallenged in the country. To term homosexuality as a form of genocide is beyond ridiculous, but to indicate that the country should treat it as if it is such a heinous crime sends a truly horrifying message."

You applaud an ignorant bigot who thinks homosexuality is genocide but ignore the consequences. Elsewhere on Care2: "This proposed “round up” of gays and lesbians in Ghana follows a disturbing trend of LGBT persecution in Africa. In Uganda, a now-infamous Anti-Homosexuality Bill called for the execution of repeat offenders. The “Kill the Gays” Bill, as it is commonly known, is still being supported by Uganda’s Minister of Parliament.
http://www.care2.com/causes/ghana-offic ... z1cubWVfhk
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by jewel »

A very succinct summary BB I would say spot on. :)
Arthur have you never heard the expression " Tongue in cheek"? :roll: