Sex tourism

Discuss the problems that can occur in relationships with differing cultures and help overcome any barriers that exist.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by jewel »

My comments from another thread:

As they say "there's one born every minute" but in this case a few thousand I would say........

It's just sex tourism plain and simple, to pretend otherwise........if these women just treat it as " fun in the sun" it would be more honest instead of dressing it up to be something it's not.
The men may do it for the money, or for other reasons. Women/men tourists usually give clothes, meals, cash, sex, and gifts to their male prostitutes. In some destinations, there are "going rates" for male companionship, ranging from £25 to £100 In other destinations, especially in Southern Europe, Turkey, and the French Caribbean, men do not expect to be compensated.

For anyone interested in reading more on this subject this ooh is informative

http://www.ashgate.com/isbn/9780754647881

Just call a spade a spade, however I imagine once the new "government" is in place there may not be many tourists of any description. :?

I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

The English version of the MB's party platform for this election gives the following as its priority this election period:
"Re-formulate the tourism industry in order to support the Egyptian economy in line with our values and moral principles."

However, I did not find that statement in the Arabic version. In any case, the rest of their tourism platform is basically the same as the liberals' platform. It's the salafis who have a tourism slogan of "Pleasure without the forbidden things" and say they will get rid of swimming pools, mixed sex health clubs and alcohol, and what they see as one of the biggest threats of the current tourist industry, pork!
Kevininabydos

Post by Kevininabydos »

You have got to watch out for those pigs, very dangerous animals! Many people have been injured by flying chops and spitting bacon, so I can understand the desire to get rid of them. :roll:
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

Marcus Aurelius
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

The FJP's program also says they will: "Double hotel capacity through the development of existing tourist destinations and the targeting of new tourist destinations, with diversification of tourism services" http://www.scribd.com/doc/73955131/FJP-Program-En

I wish the FJP well in attracting Arab tourists but in my opinion doubling hotel capacity at a time of global recession can only result in Egypt competing increasingly for the diminishing cheap package tour market. If your tourist plan is premised on quantity and not quality what is going to stop a doubling in sex tourism?

I also note that their manifesto blaims the 50%+ divorce rate on Mubarak's legacy of poverty, unemployment and corrupt personal status laws: "that led to the distraction of young people away from marriage. This led to a high rate of bachelorhood and spinsterhood for more than 11 million young men and women, while rates of illicit relationships increased just like the high rates of the resulting illegitimate births".
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

I have been watching the cheap end of the tourist market move slowly and inevitably across the mediterranean in the direction of Egypt.

I shudder to think of the party orientated "wot's it matter I'm out to enjoy myself and **** you " invaders arriving here.

Help! :cry:
Smile! It confuses people
Beryl

Post by Beryl »

Mad Dilys wrote: I shudder to think of the party orientated "wot's it matter I'm out to enjoy myself and **** you " invaders arriving here.

Help! :cry:
Sorry to say but the advance party have already crept over the threshold of Luxor. :)
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Hmmmm do we repel boarders, or welcome them with open arms? 8)
Smile! It confuses people
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

Arthur wrote:I wish the FJP well in attracting Arab tourists but in my opinion doubling hotel capacity at a time of global recession can only result in Egypt competing increasingly for the diminishing cheap package tour market. If your tourist plan is premised on quantity and not quality what is going to stop a doubling in sex tourism?[/color]
Considering the high number of Arab tourists who come to Egypt for sex (Saudis were most often mentioned), as I have been told more than once, that should pose a few problems for them.
Carpe diem! :le:
Isis*dancer

Post by Isis*dancer »

To MD - I suggest you read my post again as your critique made no sense. You do have a choice in unrequited love - so what's your point?

To Arthur - you continually try to defend your homosexuality and your homosexual relationship in Egypt. I merely point out that the practice is not permitted in Egypt and is not likely to ever be in our lifetimes. I don't understand why you relentlessy try to make homosexuality in Egypt okay in your mind with this forum. Also be prepared to read responses with ideas that don't agree with yours and cop it on the chin.
When one door closes another opens!
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Winged Isis wrote: Considering the high number of Arab tourists who come to Egypt for sex (Saudis were most often mentioned), as I have been told more than once, that should pose a few problems for them.
Yes, there is a certain percentage of Arabs who come to Egypt for sex tourism but there are also a lot who come for other forms of tourism. And a lot of those Arabs who do get orfi marriages to legitimize the relationship so what's the difference between them and the Western ladies who bristle at being called sex tourists?

Anyone want to care to answer this question as I know WI won't answer it?
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Winged Isis wrote: Considering the high number of Arab tourists who come to Egypt for sex (Saudis were most often mentioned), as I have been told more than once, that should pose a few problems for them.
Yes, there is a certain percentage of Arabs who come to Egypt for sex tourism but there are also a lot who come for other forms of tourism. And a lot of those Arabs who do get orfi marriages to legitimize the relationship so what's the difference between them and the Western ladies who bristle at being called sex tourists?

Anyone want to care to answer this question as I know WI won't answer it?
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

There's criminal activity, emotional gullibility and intercultural relationships. I'm not sure we would agree as to what type of relationships constitute 'sex tourism' or who is to be protected by any 'solutions'.
Teddyboy

Post by Teddyboy »

Sex tourism is a very simple concept, surely?

A person goes somewhere foreign, finds a local who is willing to have sex, has sex with said local, and goes home again. Is that not it in a nutshell?
Gopha75

Post by Gopha75 »

er, no. they expect you to pay...
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by jewel »

The bottom line is....they pay in more ways than one, given the high incidence of conditions such as HIV, but more seriously, the silent killer hepatitis C, they will invariably end up with more than they pay for. :|
I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!