Anyone applied to take Egpytian Partner to UK recently

Discuss the problems that can occur in relationships with differing cultures and help overcome any barriers that exist.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Brian Yare wrote:"Partner" reminds me of the Bridge table, where I play with an Opponent against two Partners.
[face=Comic Sans MS]
Well I'm glad I don't play bridge with you then. I prefer to play with my partner against 2 opponents who are also partners![/face]

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

[face=Arial]Glory,
You've been given some good links and helpful information. Working your way through the UK Borders Agency site can be a bit daunting at first - I had to do some visa prep for foreign students when they gov were just tightening things up - but take it in 'Bite Size' pieces - at first (unless it's changed) you'll probably find yourself jumping all over the place, just make note of the pages that are helpful or you may need to go back to. Take your time over it though and be prepared to have to keep going back to it.[/face]
-Aldous Huxley
Robbo70

Re: Anyone applied to take Egpytian Partner to UK recently

Post by Robbo70 »

Applied last september 2011, appealed october 2011, finally got the visa today :D
Stand up to be seen
Speak up to be heard
Shut up to be appreciated
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

Robbo70 wrote:Applied last september 2011, appealed october 2011, finally got the visa today :D
Congratulations :wi
OpusDei

Post by OpusDei »

Robbo70 wrote:Applied last september 2011, appealed october 2011, finally got the visa today :D
Congratulations Robbo very pleased for you both, good luck xx
TONY

Post by TONY »

Congratulations Robbo I know what you had to go through to get it.

Tony
Karnak
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU »

:look:
Robbo70:Applied last september 2011, appealed october 2011, finally got the visa today :D
:clap: Hope that doesn't mean that you'll be spending less time here! :ks

:br :bumps: :br
Robert Send

Post by Robert Send »

Is he wanting to work in the UK? What skills has he got besides the normal skill of being a waiter at the Hotels in Luxor? do you really know this man?

I hope he is not the Scoundrel who worked at a hotel in Karnak, and is taking you for a ride left right and centre and you cannot see it. If he is that person you ought to know that everyone is talking about it.
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member

Post by LivinginLuxor »

Everyone? I didn't see anything in the Egyptian press! Or do you mean the small, even more small-minded set of gossip mongers that seem to be part of the English ex-pat community?
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
TONY

Post by TONY »

I know sometimes people, mostly women, have been fooled by a charming Egyptian man. And I know it is wise to be wary. But why do people in this Forum seem to take delight in throwing water over someone's obvious happiness at getting something they have worked hard to achieve.

Congratulation again I hope everything goes well for you both.

Tony
Karnak
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

Robert Send wrote:Is he wanting to work in the UK? What skills has he got besides the normal skill of being a waiter at the Hotels in Luxor? do you really know this man?

I hope he is not the Scoundrel who worked at a hotel in Karnak, and is taking you for a ride left right and centre and you cannot see it. If he is that person you ought to know that everyone is talking about it.
No he does not want to work or live in the UK. He would like to meet my family, see a little of my life in the UK and get back to Luxor as soon as is polite to do so. He will be coming for 3 weeks and thats it. If Luxor should ever turn into something akin to Afghanistan I would have no qualms about bringing him to the UK. As I have my own business I could employ him anyway so no need to think he would come here and be another leech on the UK social payments set up. For now, as I have recently moved to Luxor, he is perfectly happy that he gets to stay in his own country, close to his own family with me doing my own thing while he works.

He is not a waiter. what ever gave you that idea?? You assumed? He is security at the Winter Palace ( police checked and health checked every six months!) i cant say for sure he is different from all the bad ones. Im not going to declare myself suffering from MOD ( my Omar's different)syndrome just yet... but for now Im happy, he is a nice bloke and it works. Ive known him for 5 years, been 'with' him for 2 years and have yet to find anything that alarms me or has me thinking he's a wrong un. Im also sensible enough to walk away should things change.
Stand up to be seen
Speak up to be heard
Maakari
United Kingdom

Post by Maakari »

Well replied Robbo!
Good luck with your move to Luxor! Would love to be joining you! I also 'ave an Egyptian husband. I have known him for 7 years, and Yes, unbeknown to me could be a right Bas***rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. But I am a grown up (very!) lady, and I think at my age I still have all my smarties, and I make the choice to love this man, I make the choice of where I live, I make the choice if by some horrible quirk of fate, he after all these years turned into a conning, moneygrabbing, loathsome Lech, to be able to say Ta ta, so long, goodbye! Yes, it does happen there in Egypt (we've all read the forums!) but, the same scenario could equally happen in London, Birmingham or Lerwick, outer Hebrides!!!!!! Life is life! love is mutual trust, friendship, understanding, give and take and if it is right, will transcend across cultural, monetary, and geographical matters.
My t'other half is looking forward to a trip to Blighty, he is keen to see my family , work, enviroment, and, most of all the Obelisk at a stately home near me! But he will be happy to go home. He is not a waiter either (not that I am saying waiters are bad, or being desultary about that job) but has put himself through University at great coast and hard work. He would love to put that hard work to use in the Counry he loves, InSha'Allah. And ,If when I am declared fit (again InSha'Allah) When my affairs are in order, hopefully I will be there to live as well!
One good thing to remember, is that Mr SEND, Who has a right to his narrow minded opinions on all things Egyptian, will be back to good 'Ole England soon, and we can hope that will bring his worrying about the state of Luxor and all its Tawdry practices, and it economic situation to an end. He is home. He wont fret about Luxor, and I can't see, for any earthly reason why Luxor or the people who live there will care about his leaving.
Lisak

Post by Lisak »

Hear hear Maakari.

Justen/ CE/ Arse-end.........why on earth are you posting like this again? I take it you have had another 'set-back/ rip-off etc etc. If you hate the place so much just go...and stop slagging off the place..it might just come back to bite you on your R-send one day!
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Lisak wrote:Hear hear Maakari.

Justen/ CE/ Arse-end.........why on earth are you posting like this again? I take it you have had another 'set-back/ rip-off etc etc. If you hate the place so much just go...and stop slagging off the place..it might just come back to bite you on your R-send one day!
Sorry to correct you Lisa but I think you've missed at least one name off your list - Spent Love ermmm ooops I mean Bent Eslov from Kobenhavns Universitet! ;) :lol:
-Aldous Huxley
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Well, its not like me to comment on these such things, esp when as some will know Robbo and l are good friends, but l am a little shocked by one or two members of this forum, who are doom merchants.

The average a couple spend married in the U.K. these days is five years, some are disasters from start, and in some case as in Luxor, there follows bitterness. My friends, believe me this is not always the case, even in Luxor, l still know a number who are still happily married, and even when not they still respect each other.
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

Thanks A4. You know me well enough to know if the doom merchants turn out to be corrent, I will simply wish Omar well and send him back to Tod :lol: No idea who is getting ripped off by the karnak waiter or indeed who 'all' the people gossiping about it are, but its not me.
Stand up to be seen
Speak up to be heard
Jools

Post by Jools »

Hi Robbo

I've not posted on here for a long time, but browse regularly.
I married Ahmed in 2007, after meeting him on a Nile cruise the year before, and yes he is/was a waiter!
I got to know him well and after much soul searching decided to give us a chance, and made many trips to Luxor, and later Cairo when we were at the stage of registering at the embassy and applying for a visa.
I asked a few questions on here about visas, etc, and got some positive and practical replies, which is what we want really, but of course also the doom merchants, who,whilst entitled to their view, (it is a discussion forum after all!) made me hesitant about posting again on the subject.

Well to get to the point, he's been here over 2 and a half years now, after getting his spouse visa in October 2009, (that was a trial and a half!) and while its been hard work for him adapting to a way of life, culture, etc much different from Egypt, securing work in a local bakery, and generally settling into our very different ways, (not to mention our weather!) I am sure (as much as its possible to be sure), that he is a good man, he genuinely loves me, and our marriage is working. I know many will say it's early days yet, but you have to start sometime, and there are no guarantees is life.
If things fall apart in the future, and I am praying they don't, then of course I may have regrets, but had I not gone ahead because of all the negativity around, then I think I would have had regrets for the rest of my life.
Good luck Robbo, and anyone else in the same position, I wish you well.
Gopha75

Post by Gopha75 »

Good luck Robbo and Jules !!
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Brian Yare »

Jools,

Well done, and good luck. But a spouse is not the same as a partner. If someone talks only of a partner they are not necessarily showing the same commitment as if they are married.
Tony bojangle

Post by Tony bojangle »

Good Luck Robbo 70 best wishes for the future - Tony & Wendy :D