marriage

Discuss the problems that can occur in relationships with differing cultures and help overcome any barriers that exist.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

forty-eight

marriage

Post by forty-eight »

hi there

Im thinking of marrying an egyptian man. But would like to know How much does it cost for an orfi marriage certificate and how much? to make it legal in Egyptian courts, and what is the difference between the two.

thanks
lesley

Robbo70

Re: marriage

Post by Robbo70 »

My Orfi was 50LE and my court stamped was 100LE. I did not pay, Omar did. If he is so keen to marry you, let him pay for the pleasure :)
Stand up to be seen
Speak up to be heard
Shut up to be appreciated

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Lesley, I cannot answer your question but I would suggest that you have a look back through old postings on the whole subject of marrying an Egyptian. Most of the posts will, of course, be in the Intercultural Relationships section but if you use the search button you may well find useful information under sections too.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Goddess
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Goddess »

Good Lord!
Does everybody have their Polite Pants on today?

The difference between the two is, it's a bit more of a pickle to get out of if your signature is registered in the court.

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 »

Probably all your life's savings and a bit more, but what do I know ? 'nuthing, nienti, nada,....:cool:
ps: have fun keep in touch!
PSS: I could sugar-coat the answer in chocolate, but you girl's just love sweet things.....
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Gopha75

Post by Gopha75 »

nice one who2 :)

Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

Robbo and Hepzi have it nailed, 48.
Carpe diem! :le:

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Its when you stop thinking about it the problems start, go on a cruise instead, the sea air will clear your head.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Is this our yearly Orfi marriage question. Ask your husband to be 48, if he's an Egyptian he should know, if your asking us to check up on what he has told you then what is the point of marrying him????

Barb

Post by Barb »

Robbo70 wrote:My Orfi was 50LE and my court stamped was 100LE. I did not pay, Omar did. If he is so keen to marry you, let him pay for the pleasure :)
Well said Robbo!!!!! :)

48 all I can advise is that you make sure that you know him well before you even think of marrying him and if and when you do make sure you get the orfi contract translated by someone reliable (not a friend of his) before you sign it because I have heard recently of cases of men having it put in the contract that the woman is not allowed to divorce the man and that the woman has to give the man money after the divorce and other scary things like that.

Stardust

Post by Stardust »

Whatever the actual cost, the price you will pay emotionally will be too high. Run as fast as you can in the opposite direction. But you wont - non of us listened to advice at the beginning...... :( Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Stardust

Post by Stardust »

Barb wrote:
Robbo70 wrote:My Orfi was 50LE and my court stamped was 100LE. I did not pay, Omar did. If he is so keen to marry you, let him pay for the pleasure :)
Well said Robbo!!!!! :)

48 all I can advise is that you make sure that you know him well before you even think of marrying him and if and when you do make sure you get the orfi contract translated by someone reliable (not a friend of his) before you sign it because I have heard recently of cases of men having it put in the contract that the woman is not allowed to divorce the man and that the woman has to give the man money after the divorce and other scary things like that.
Why bother with a divorce?...........Unless you were batty enough to want to marry another one..

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 »

Before lashing out a whole 15 quid sit down have a stiff drink and and realise it's only the price of two packets of fags in blighty.
For 15 quid here in Egypt I can buy 25 packets, but the quality is ****...:cool:
PS: You get what you pay for....
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Jerseystar

Post by Jerseystar »

Take stardust advice, if your checking the cost of the marriage cert then your not sure of your man, don't get married go on another holiday. Life is so different here and if youre going to be a holiday wife do not get married, just have some fun and walk away when you want with no fuss and hopefull your money .

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Some three years ago now, a young newly wed on here was seeking information on the price of a iron, as she was intending to set up a local ironing service, to help her income in Luxor. After a number of post giving advice, I simply added that she should ask her mother-in-law for the whereabouts of such an item, then get her husband to purchase the said item, which I am sure he would have been able to buy it for a less amount of money than any of us on here could ever get it for,...........................but then again, I am sure that many of us could see through the initial post.

Robbo 70 here gives a one line class-act, but then again, that is to be expected of this person,..........Oh yes and a smile to boot.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Some three years ago now, a young newly wed on here was seeking information on the price of a iron, as she was intending to set up a local ironing service, to help her income in Luxor. After a number of post giving advice, I simply added that she should ask her mother-in-law for the whereabouts of such an item, then get her husband to purchase the said item, which I am sure he would have been able to buy it for a less amount of money than any of us on here could ever get it for,...........................but then again, I am sure that many of us could see through the initial post.

Robbo 70 here gives a one line class-act, but then again, that is to be expected of this person,..........Oh yes and a smile to boot.

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Am sure with the Egyptian economy DOWN the pressure is UP UP UP......