Locusts and elephants!

Discuss the problems that can occur in relationships with differing cultures and help overcome any barriers that exist.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Locusts and elephants!

Post by Scottishtourist »

I first visited Luxor in 2003 and have been regular visitor ever since.
In my visits there I have seen many sights which have took my breath away!
I've shared taxis with what can only be described as "Beverley Hillbillies"wearing socks and sandals,et al,and quite honestly showing no attractive traits to opposite sex that would render them "marriage material!"
So what attracts a young Egyptian male to a decrepit "auld biddy?"
The title of my post is "locusts and elephants."
On my last visit I witnessed a beautiful young Cairene,slim and eloquent,aged 30, married to a mouthy,bolshy,rather plump 58year old English woman!
He had body of a locust and she had body of elephant!
Is it a case of opposites attracting?What happens when these men decide they want a young woman who will give them children?
Do Egyptian men like the more fuller figure,i.e,the strong will live through any famine?
Or is it money?Sexual experience?A desparate need for a better life whilst all the while wondering if these women are simply playing them at their own game and would rather live the romantic dream of living in Egypt with them than returning to their own mundane societies where they are considered old and fat?
What the hell attracts a young man of child-beaing age to an older menopausal female who hasn't a chance in hell of providing him with what he needs or requires?

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Re: Locusts and elephants!

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Nothing "attracts" him - it is his job. He'll be financially compensated. His real wife & kids have no role in his work life.
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

You asked a question in full ST and answered it in full on your last paragraph.

How many English men of latter teens and early 20's have you seen going about with what you describes as menopausal has been's, the answer is of course none, but then again how many of these women would want a younger man in the first place. Its just the same bolstering of ego's has a male has when he chooses a normally blonde air head 20 or 30 years younger.

It I think has been going on for ages, men and women alike, I remember as a toddler a friend of mine got a sports car and his answer was to find a long blonde haired woman to sit in the passenger seat.

Don't forget ST life is not too good in Luxor at the moment and when we see these people it does lift our gloom and gives us a good laugh. Better than any good Carry On Film.

Have you noticed as well that most of these woman carry a Motorbike Parking rack at the bottom of their backs, one in the coffee shop dropped her purse, bent down to pick it up and the manager had to put the shop lights on, he thought the end of the world had come, but on seeing the Wedgie, he just fell about laughing. Sorry ladies, you have the right to go on about us men's beer bellies and most of you are wonderful, I just hope that you read this with the humour it has been written in. You are all wonderful in your own ways, and like us men who give you a good laugh, you do the same for us in return, so equal hey!!!!!
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I see that you have a vested interest in this so I will endeavour to help you out. In a way it reminds me of the time when a friend went to the Doctors and and asked for advice stating ''Its not for me but a friend as shes to embarrassed to ask''.

First of all most find that the feeling towards loss of breath is due to the fumes omitting from the continual running ships engines, although this has decreased in recent times due to the low tourist numbers and fuel shortages so no real concern should be shown towards your palpitations in regards to this fact, that will come later. The taxi drivers tend to dress in a more casual style as sitting in a hot sweaty taxi for long hours attempting to earn a little money tends to negate the need for a pin stripe suit. And usually they are happily married so do not feel the need to impress the lone female traveler.

The only two things that attract any of this fine countries young generation is easy money and desperate women. They are quite happy to indulge in all kinds of carnal Knowledge, even with the Ikea rejects, those that are badly damaged and need bits replacing. Anything female has the chance so no fears of being rejected should be felt. As for the locusts and elephants, have you ever witnessed two elephant sized humans attempting to have sex? There is great difficulty in the attempt as the one on top dices with death as he/she attempts to hang on for dear life as they try to control the slip factor. Hence the popularity towards the Egyptian stick people. If these people want children, they marry their own, but still carry on with the elephant to pay for life's little luxuries so have no fear of rejection. As for famine retardant size, not so, more pounds mean more pounds. Its a gratitude payment.

Would they consider returning to their own county against living the life here? Well, there are two possible situations to consider. First you work hard Monday to Friday. Friday night the only thing you have is a whiskey bottle that always seems to empty far to quickly, a laptop that you use to vent your negative feelings onto forums and a church candle that has seen better days. Against one that gives you the opportunity to receive a regular oil change without the need for a lights out call from under the sheets and to receive attention from a boy that has the uncanny knack of knowing just the right words and actions to keep you happy. And of course, knowing that the folks back home will never hear of it.

As to your last question, that is self explanatory, they are being supplied with exactly what they want, money.

So, all in all, it would be a short straight path towards fulfillment, nothing is refused, all are welcome.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

I am bemused by the fascination that this subject seems to hold for some people. Elderly women with younger men, or elderly men with younger women/men - what business is it of anybody else? I particularly dislike the patronising and critical comments that are made about these ladies - the old adage about stones and glass houses comes to mind.

Maybe some of these women and men are foolish, maybe they'll end up disappointed and worse off, maybe they might have a modicum of happiness and enjoyment along the way - whatever. It's their choice, their responsibility, no-one else's.

Maybe the original poster should get a life, rather than making derogatory and sarcastic comments about those of others.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU »

I keep hearing that all Egyptian men want is sex, and even if they don't take advantage of it, many women seem flattered and proud of the attention. I also meet women who know exactly what they do and that it is worth the price, when they pay someone mainly to hug them. I don't know where size comes in, but a woman who knows her own worth is less likely to be approached, so I do not believe that what men want from foreign women is sex...
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Life is all about self respect and happiness. I fully endorse the right for the individual to make their own choices in life and to lead that life how they want to. Size dose not matter, happiness does. When people make mistakes, and I have made plenty in my time, then you should attempt to learn from them but not at the expense of criticizing other peoples in an attempt to lessen your own. Now and again you come across certain individuals that insist that its their God given right to continuously go over long discussed topics as if they feel the need to continually remind us of those same old topics. They seem incapable of saying anything new or of interest which to me suggests a very shallow existence. A Friday night syndrome. I'm overweight by some three stone at least and I'm continually bemoaning the fact when my friend brings me chocolate or biscuits as a treat knowing that I enjoy them, but she says don't worry, its whats in the hart that matters, the only problem I have is trying to explain that its cholesterol and fatty tissue that's in my hart and it will probably end up killing me if I don't cut down.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU »

When I first got here, I was eight years younger, looking more like a giraffe than an elephant THEN. I believed many of the compliments I received, but not from guys younger than my son. I recognised the script from Mediterranian men looking for sex with non conservative catholic Scandinavians and African men looking for everything else. I had spent some years travelling in the winter months, and found myself attracting good looking, younger Danish men, who were ready to visit me in Egypt after just a few meetings. I realised that these men were afraid of attachment, but fond of women, and the idea of intense affairs with someone who would be on a different continent afterwards appealed to them. They were playboys and under different circumstances, I would have been fooled to think that they were sincere.

I met mature men who were over their divorce and ready to start anew, learning from their mistakes. Now, ladies, that is what I call a dream! These gentlemen who had already expressed feelings, when learning that their generousity would not stop me from living in Luxor at least part time, backed out, of course. That is how I learned what my personal sacrifice for a life in the Sun would be, and that is why I keep mentioning, not bemoaning it.

Strangely it is not a problem for an Upper Egyptian man that you live apart most of the time – men and women already seem to live in two different worlds here. But my dream of sharing my life with a man has been put on hold, and thereby I have not said anything about anybody else’s arrangements! The good news is that the older I get, the older the man of my dream.
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

I obviously did it all wrong as mine is only 2 years younger, 3 inches thinner on the waistline and hands over his wages every month rather than asking me for mine :lol:
Stand up to be seen
Speak up to be heard
Shut up to be appreciated
Remus
Egypt

Post by Remus »

Oh dear. Some more intelligent, well-considered, reasonable, well-balanced, considerate, insightful comments from 2 of the usual suspects D & CE! Must we have these every day?
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Oh deary me R
Remus wrote:Oh dear. Some more intelligent, well-considered, reasonable, well-balanced, considerate, insightful comments from 2 of the usual suspects D & CE! Must we have these every day?
It seems that the abbreviated Dusak has rattled your cage twice in one day. And that's after giving me and Choc, God bless his cotton socks, six complementary big words. You should of followed it with a 'not'! Some folk will be wondering now in utter confusion as to why you contradict yourself with such a split statement. But, as stated on the other post, your employing your right to express your opinion and no one can take it from you. Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing until some want to remove it.
Distant Sun

Post by Distant Sun »

I echo your sentiments Remus.

If only folk would mind their own business and keep their unkind, unpleasant, judgemental thoughts to themselves.

DS
Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist »

Where's the judgemental thoughts?
I'm asking question and so far only CE has been forthright enough to answer the question and give honest opinion on it!
As for Dusak's assumption that I am asking for self???Lead on MacDuff!!!
I have no more notion of marrying 20/30 year old Egyptian than fly in the air!!!
As I say...if they require a menopausal,barren female to give them sexual gratification,with no risk of pregnancy...then I ain't their woman!!!!
And believe me,the bottom of a whisky bottle is a lot more gratifying than the bottom of an Egyptian!
Suck it and see Dusak!
Goddess
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Goddess »

:ni:
righty-ho.
that's me told then . . . . didn't realise ALL Egyptian men were like that.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

OK ST I'm more than willing to try anything once towards the progress of science. I'm just thankful that I kept up with my aerobics classes.