Syrians...

Discuss the problems that can occur in relationships with differing cultures and help overcome any barriers that exist.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Syrians...

Post by Who2 »

Last night on my way to Karnak to collect some more cray-fish traps I was having a jolly good political chat with my cab driver.
Outside my destination was a load of families chewing the cud, 'Who are they ? said my cab driver "Egyptians of course, I replied,
"No he said.
Turns out that they are Syrian refugees and are being rehoused by the government. Some one said they seem to-be 'shamuters [on the game] I sent a pal me, being nosey to enquire the prices. He returned saying "inc food and a drink and twenty minutes it costs 100le very fair I thought as some were also very fair.
6 years ago I was propositioned by a 'shamuter in hot pants and wig whilst purchasing some wine and the price then was the same 100le.
Now why am I so nosey ? well a couple of I 'assumed, police families moved in next door to me 2 days ago, turns out they are Syrians as well, they seem very nice So, on my next film night I will give them a box of chocolates as they can see the screen from their 1st floor.
What film should be shown ?.....:cool:
PS: I wonder how my village will accept them ? be interesting to watch.

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Syrians...

Post by Dusak »

As I stated on my Syrian problem post Who2, they are becoming a nuisance, but I haven't heard of the 'on the game' ones. 100 Le? Not exactly Asda price is it? As for the film night, you could always show Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark's live performance, that may get them gyrating a little. Or Black Sabbath's live at Hammersmith.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

They are fleeing persecution, why should I present them another persecution, Black Sabbath's live at Hammersmith,
"Is It ? just cause I know's someone who was in Hawkwind once, doesn't mean I liked em...more your mod type really, tats make for easy ID purposes.....:cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU »

I believe I have some Hawkwind albums in a beer crate in the attic, don't think I have ever played them - just dated a fan. :bg:
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

The things I got up to while drugged up to the pounding beat of BS. Ahh, those were the days.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Dusak wrote:The things I got up to while drugged up to the pounding beat of BS. Ahh, those were the days.
Yer..I'd of had to take painkillers too! :lol:
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by FABlux »

BENNU wrote:I believe I have some Hawkwind albums in a beer crate in the attic, don't think I have ever played them - just dated a fan. :bg:
Don't tell Axel that he might be hurt ;)