Clarity - Orfi (Civil marriage) for newbies

Discuss the problems that can occur in relationships with differing cultures and help overcome any barriers that exist.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

dsaxelby

Clarity - Orfi (Civil marriage) for newbies

Post by dsaxelby »

There is a lot of confusion relating to the these marriages and a lot of fake documents being produced, this is the best definition I have found if you know better please update..

Legalization of marriage in Egypt

If you wish to marry in Egypt with a local resident, we offer you a detailed sequence of actions and procedures by which your marriage in Egypt later be recognized as legal.

Marriage in Egypt is of two kinds: the marriage ORFI and official marriage in Egypt, dwell in detail on each of them.

Any marriage to a citizen of Egypt begins with registration ORFI-contract. ORFI contract - in fact, "Civil marriage"- official permission citizen of Egypt on an intimate relationship with a citizen of a foreign state. Why does he need? Without this document, you can not even stand on the street by the hand, not to visit a favorite at his apartment ... Some particularly desperate young people who are not entering into such a contract, bring the girls back home - perhaps they have a connection to the police. Since, in the case of checks, if ORFI - contract not be case for the Egyptian might end stints at the police station.

However, this type of registration of marriage does not confer any rights on property claims. The man has a right to make a lot of ORFI marriages without the consent of the woman with whom he signed a contract ORFI. Signed in a law office requires 2 witnesses (men) and a lawyer. If the witnesses - a woman, two women are equal to one man. ORFI contract drawn up in two copies, in Arabic and English (you can, for a fee to ask the Russian version) - one for each of the parties.

Legal services in Egypt- Legalization ORFI - Contract

If you're serious, then ORFI be legalized by the court, as though he recognized (but not Islam) valid in Egypt (again, not all cities in ORFI taken seriously), but gives no right to live and work in Egypt. Only legalized ORFI provides many benefits for women. This is done by a lawyer, for that matter, and any other cases in Egypt, associated with public institutions. Having visited several times in court to put a signature on a set of documents, the young get on your hands the paper in A3 format in Arabic, which says that now they are officially husband and wife. The entire process takes 1-3 months depending on the workload of the court. It is also possible clearance through the Department of Registration of marriage in Egypt - Cairo.

To legalize marriage with a citizen of Egypt and get the official status of spouses under the laws of Egypt to bring an attorney all the necessary documents.

After the formal legalization of marriage - a residence visa is given - for 5 years. After it will be possible to obtain an Egyptian passport and get the Egyptian nationality. At the same time a legalized contract gives the possibility to buy transport tickets, tickets to museums and the price for the Egyptians, which is considerably lower than prices for foreigners.

It is what it is.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Re: Clarity - Orfi (Civil marriage) for newbies

Post by HEPZIBAH »

dsaxelby, Can you post the source for that information please?
It is not written in good English and one reference would indicate that it was probably originally written by/with Russians in mind. Not that it should change the basics of the information, but it is always useful to know the actual source for any future reference.

Anyone considering marriage to an Egyptian, or any other nationality in fact, should do as much research as they can on the legal requirements and implications in both the country of your intended and your own country. Check out the government websites as well as those that experience, rather than fact, based.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy »

It might have been in the info that I deleted Hepzi, the bottom few paragraphs were just advertising their services.

dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby »

Anyone considering marriage to an Egyptian, or any other nationality in fact, should do as much research as they can on the legal requirements and implications in both the country of your intended and your own country. Check out the government websites as well as those that experience, rather than fact, based.[/quote]

The problem is H what is stated on websites gets confusing when dealing with the real papers in hand... White paper Green paper all stamped and then of course you have your 'beloveds' opinion :urm: :st :lol:
It is what it is.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

DJKeefy wrote:It might have been in the info that I deleted Hepzi, the bottom few paragraphs were just advertising their services.
OK, thanks Keefy. Perhaps if that is the case dsaxelby would be kind enough to post it.
-Aldous Huxley

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

dsaxelby wrote:
Anyone considering marriage to an Egyptian, or any other nationality in fact, should do as much research as they can on the legal requirements and implications in both the country of your intended and your own country. Check out the government websites as well as those that experience, rather than fact, based.
The problem is H what is stated on websites gets confusing when dealing with the real papers in hand... White paper Green paper all stamped and then of course you have your 'beloveds' opinion :urm: :st :lol:
Exactly! Which is why I like to see a source to information given so I/others can better assess it's value and also why I advise checking out official/factual sources of information on the subject.

Hepzibah.
-Aldous Huxley

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Suggest, 'just living in sin....:cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby »

Who2 wrote:Suggest, 'just living in sin....:cool:

That is what Orfi's are :)
It is what it is.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

That is not what Orfi's are, many older Egyptians have the Orfi, especially in the villages.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

carrie wrote:That is not what Orfi's are, many older Egyptians have the Orfi, especially in the villages.
You would be surprised to see just how popular and well used these contracts are within the Egyptian population. Many Europeans think that they evolved just for them, to add credence to the ''togetherness pact'' for their 1-2 week bonk visit.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member

Post by LivinginLuxor »

The purpose of Orfi is definitely NOT to allow live-in relationships between Egyptians and foreigners. It is an Islamic tradition, used in most Muslem countries to allow their young (and older, maybe widowed) people to live together - much like the unofficial 'common law' marriage, which is not defined in common law.

"Undocumented 'Urfi marriages are increasingly popular among Egyptian youth. The high cost of marriage forces many young couples to wait several years before they marry. Conservative Egyptian society forbids sex before marriage, so many young people consider the 'Urfi marriage a solution. 'Urfi marriages are conducted by a Muslim cleric in the presence of two witnesses. However, they are not officially registered and are not financially binding on the man.

If the shariah defines something, all Muslims must follow that definition. If the shariah is silent on an issue, Muslims should follow the 'Urfi definition. [1] The 'Urfi is a marriage without an official contract. Couples repeat the words, "We got married" and pledge commitment before God. Usually a paper, stating that the two are married, is written and two witnesses sign it [2]."

Full article on Urfi (just a different spelling) is at http://www.islamawareness.net/Marriage/Urfi/urfi3.html
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa »

LivinginLuxor wrote:However, they are not officially registered and are not financially binding on the man.

Il have half a pound of that!

Sounds like a brilliant idea!

dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby »

Zooropa wrote:
LivinginLuxor wrote:However, they are not officially registered and are not financially binding on the man.

Il have half a pound of that!

Sounds like a brilliant idea!
Most contracts now recognise that the children will be acknowledged and will have to be paid for :cg which would generally include housing the mother :lol: :lol: You had better think this one out :stp

That will be £50 consultation Ta very much :py :py
It is what it is.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Clarity for "newbies" a term which actually I find very patronising however I am sure that the matter has been now clarified, one minute the Orfi means you are living in sin, then the next it is a legal contract which protects the children and wife. I am sure there has been enough written on this site in the past regarding Orfi,green paper and marriage at the embassy that no further clarification is needed.

dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby »

carrie wrote:Clarity for "newbies" a term which actually I find very patronising however I am sure that the matter has been now clarified, one minute the Orfi means you are living in sin, then the next it is a legal contract which protects the children and wife. I am sure there has been enough written on this site in the past regarding Orfi,green paper and marriage at the embassy that no further clarification is needed.
Why patronising? (I am a Newbie and proud of it) :D

The white paper includes clauses essentially the terms to which you recognise, normally this would be a detailed document worked out by the families (Egyptian) not a pre printed document.

The biggest thing on this site are the woman who are scammed any information that helps them clarify if they are actually married or not, more importantly the rights and obligations involved cannot be wrong.

Sorry to bore experts like yourself you didn't have to read it :P
It is what it is.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

:| I'd still appreciate seeing a source reference for the information given in the opening post!
-Aldous Huxley

dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby »

The information was copy righted I PM you the source? perhaps it got lost I will again?

Just checked my sent messages it's gone to you?
It is what it is.

Jerseystar

Post by Jerseystar »

It is also possible clearance through the Department of Registration of marriage in Egypt - Cairo. If this is the case you then would have a registration number, would that then mean the uk goverment will recongise these marriages as they do not at the present time from what i have been told. I still find this subject confessing i hate to say i looked uo the subject on many sites too, not clear at all and peoples views are all different, to me all marriages are contracts be it in any country any faith or non faith, its alegal document if witness are called for and sign a document. Egypt needs to clear up this issue on marriages. I think what most women want to is protection like it is in the uk property rights, right over money assets and inhertiance rights.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

dsaxelby wrote:The information was copy righted I PM you the source? perhaps it got lost I will again?

Just checked my sent messages it's gone to you?
I received a pm alert from you but there was no actual message.
-Aldous Huxley

dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby »

look at the subject title :roll: woman of a few words had to add a few dots though to send it
It is what it is.