Clarity - Orfi (Civil marriage) for newbies

Discuss the problems that can occur in relationships with differing cultures and help overcome any barriers that exist.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Clarity - Orfi (Civil marriage) for newbies

Post by newcastle »

BENNU wrote:
:jig: I'm only one sandwich short - I'm off to Hurghada.. :P

The Hurghada Marina on a Thursday night is your best bet ;)

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Brian Yare »

newcastle wrote:
BENNU wrote:

How do you know?

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU »

Brian Yare wrote:
newcastle wrote:
BENNU wrote:

How do you know?
That's when the flights from UK have just landed. :ff:

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Might be wrong on this one as I don't know the definitive specific answer but it seems to me that if men are looking for a woman (prostitute) they're more apt to find a woman on the streets or in a house of ill-repute. In other words men seeking females for sex are much more apt to pick random females they don't know and do not maintain a relationship with. Probably don't even know the woman's name.

Seems to me that women want to know their male prostitute a little bit or at least know his name and split a drink or have a cuppa with him 'before' the horizontal dance. Seems too that women are more apt to maintain the same guy for at least the duration of their holiday vs men who may shack up with several women over the course of a 2 week holiday.

I'd think that most women travelling to Luxor or Egypt have somehow already made the connection to their Gigalo vs casing out the Corniche in search of Mr. Gigalo. Seems women are jumping through lots more hoops than their male counterparts.

Am I correct in this?

Which then leads me to wonder how I think all these women are actually meeting up with their future Ex-husband. ??????

dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby »

Any one can get what they want in Luxor, just like any city in the world, yes there are Egyptian prostitutes both male and female who service both Europeans and Egyptians. Is this news.

Woman come to Luxor because it is a magical. interesting, culturally different place, and then tend to meet the men, who show them so much attention .......... Generally.

There are a select few who come just for the attention and lets be honest pay peanuts for it.....

Does not an Englishman, wine and dine his woman, buy her gifts, pay for a hotel for the weekend etc.. in the hopes of whooing her into the bedroom? lol..... without the expensive of a marriage certificate in mind :| what should we call her? or him for that matter..........
It is what it is.

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU »

dsaxelby wrote:
Does not an Englishman, wine and dine his woman, buy her gifts, pay for a hotel for the weekend etc......
:o Not according to the English women here - I thought that was the problem. :)

dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby »

BENNU wrote:
dsaxelby wrote:
Does not an Englishman, wine and dine his woman, buy her gifts, pay for a hotel for the weekend etc......
:o Not according to the English women here - I thought that was the problem. :)

So is the problem the women have become lazy ...............
It is what it is.

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

You know, what a bunch of unmarried British males think about the whole phenomenon of female sex tourists in Luxor is actually quite irrelevant and inconsequential and I am surprised how much time they waste pontificating about it. It certainly does not affect them.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

When all is said and done it's nothing to do with any of us just so long as it doesn't affect us personally. If ladies or men come here looking for some excitement in their lives and are prepared to pay for it then it is up to them. What I object to is all the women here being classed the same, we are not all looking for a young man, or old one either. Some of us have enough going on in our lives not to need the company of a man to feel fullfilled.
There are many happy marriages here, between European women and Egyptian men but not newsworthy because who is interested in good new stories, rather lets all talk about who ripped off who and how much they gave to their Egyptian partner. Personally I find it all very boring.

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Brian Yare »

BENNU wrote:
Brian Yare wrote:
newcastle wrote:
How do you know?
That's when the flights from UK have just landed. :ff:
Last time I flew from Birmingham to Hurghada was not on a Thursday, and I did not go to the Marina.

Maakari
United Kingdom

Post by Maakari »

I am sorry............. I too have opened my purse to buy my Egyption Love god (ha ha!) something.
I have really gone overboard............ It is a big pot of Marmite!!!!!!!! OMG, He is a yeast extract gigilo!!!!!!!.....When will I learn?????????????????

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Aww Maakari - :o you fell for the Marmite ploy!! Next you'll be shelling out for PG Tips!! :o :o Are there no limits to what a woman will do for love!! :o :o

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Of course it affects you Carrie, even if you don't participate in it. It affects you in that it colors the assumptions people make about you.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Glyphdoctor wrote:Of course it affects you Carrie, even if you don't participate in it. It affects you in that it colors the assumptions people make about you.
Probably unwise to make assumptions about anyone on the basis of 'banter' on an internet forum :cg

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Glyphdoctor wrote:You know, what a bunch of unmarried British males think about the whole phenomenon of female sex tourists in Luxor is actually quite irrelevant and inconsequential and I am surprised how much time they waste pontificating about it. It certainly does not affect them.
Well I class myself as now being unmarried, but all my life since I first discovered the birds and the stingers I have always been more interested in getting inside a woman's mind first, not her knickers. To sit and have a long interesting conversation about all things from the sublime to ridiculous theory garners more for me than just rush towards the target with expectant expediency. As has already been said, not all women come or live here for sexual encounters, as not all men require the same regular services. Some, if not most, just enjoy the life. I think it more a phenomenon for a human being to display such constant high levels of negativity.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Glyph I live alone, I have no husband, I go out and about where and when I like. All great no no's here in Upper Egypt, ofcourse the women here who come for a good time reflect badly on those of us who live here, the impression being that all European women are the same, all rich and sex mad.
All I can do is live my life as I do. I don't talk to Egyptian men in the street, if I am accompanying a European male friend who stops to speak to someone I walk on and stop further along. I tell no one my name. I am very careful of my friends, I don't want to be seen in the company of certain people here, I dress appropriately,I allow no Egyptian man to visit my home except a workman, I know since I moved I have been under scrutiny by the neighbours all I can do try to prove myself respectable. Egyptians who live near me or who know me understand who and what I am. I can't change the impression that many men have here of European women all I can do is try to prove that we are not all the same. Generally I am treated with respect, maybe they are puzzled and think I am strange can't do much about that.

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Not making any assumptions myself. But other people will, and I am not talking about acquaintances you already know. You admit yourself when you say, "ofcourse the women here who come for a good time reflect badly on those of us who live here, the impression being that all European women are the same, all rich and sex mad."

And I don't think your problems are because you are living a life of no-nos, even if your lifestyle is different, it is because you are living in a community with a relatively high percentage of "rich and sex mad" European women. If you live in an area where they rarely see a foreigner, there would be no such assumptions made.

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I think if people where more honest, we would have no need for marriage, and Hotels would do a roaring trade. . . :up
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I've met one or two of the mad ones, but no rich ones. ;)
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.