Are you earning enough ...

Discuss the problems that can occur in relationships with differing cultures and help overcome any barriers that exist.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Are you earning enough ...

Post by Zooropa »

Dusak wrote:English speaking/written test for Egyptian nationals wishing to live in the UK. Part one, written assessment test.

NAME. Mohammed Mustaffa now Johnston.

[PLEASE PRINT ALL YOUR ANSWERS]

Q1. You are walking in an unfamiliar area and need directions. You stop a lady pedestrian for help. What form would your question for assistance take.

Answer to question 1. Hyia I'm Mohammed, I love you, where you live.

Q2. You are late for a very important appointment but have no watch to check the time you have left, you see a policeman standing on the corner of the street. How would you ask for his assistance.

Answer to question 2. I need the time. How much you want.

Q3. There are many forms of vocalized greetings that can be used in the UK. Write down four you may use here in the UK.

Answer to question 3. Welcome to Alaska. Hey, you want to see my Egyptian banana. Welcome, you know how much. Hey, what's your name.

Q4. As stated previously the answers on this form will go towards your assessment. If you are successful and become a citizen of the UK, what help towards others could you offer from your life experiences.

Answer to question 4. I show them how to shoot gun. Sucking petrol from a taxis tank. Show them how to get an English wife so they can stay here. Show them how easy it is to use the ATM that holds all their wife's money.

Q5. On the general information page you needed to state your religion. If you ticked the box that was for Muslims, would you still continue to practice you faith in the UK. If yes, would you pray at your place of dwelling or at the nearest Mosque.

Answer to question 5. Is this trick question.

Q6. If your application is successful, you would be expected to abide by the rules of law in the UK. Dealings in a criminal activity would result in your application being cancelled and could also lead to immediate expulsion from the UK. Give three examples of what you would consider being of a criminal nature and against UK law.

Answer to question 6. Eating the dirty pig meat. Not praying five times a day. Spitting on the pavement instead of the road.

Q7. It would be beneficial towards your application if you had a recognized trade or profession. State your former occupation in your respective country if you consider it would be of benefit to the UK. If you do not consider your past work to be of any benefit to the UK indicate this by writing ''would require a retraining program.'' There are a number of these retraining programs available to you.

Answer to question 7. I sold land, I was caleche driver, felucca boat owner, tour guide at the Temples and tombs, excavator of things lost in the deserts and investor of English money in the property market and was a banana grower. My uncle was a train driver so I do not need retraining as I used to drive his when I was a boy.

Q8. The written English language is comprised of letters from the English alphabet. Starting from the first letter list all twenty six in their correct alphabetical order.

Answer to question 8. eh bee see dee eee eff gee ahch eye jay kay hell em en ow pee qyou or ess shy you vee uu ex why zed.

Q9. Understanding British currency plays an important part in your living here. Give an example of how you would overcome any possible difficulties that you may experience.

Answer to question 9. Shop at Asda.

Q10. You are walking down the street with your family. A man passing you makes a raciest comment towards you and your family. What, in your opinion, would be the best course of action to take regarding this incident.

Answer to question 10. I would cut his head off and place it on YouTube.

This ends your written assessment section. You will be informed of the results when completing your spoken English assessment.

Bonus tiebreaker question: What "class" are you and how much "spending money" will you have during your stay?

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Then Dusak, the fact that many Egyptians who have never been to a day of school in their life and never traveled abroad are quite skilled in speaking multiple languages makes many foreigners who have settled in Luxor look like complete clowns in comparison.

Is that red nose you have a result of too much sun or just a red rubber ball you are wearing?

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Red Nose day Dusak has comic relief come early this year :lol:

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

GD talking of Egyptians never travelling, is this solely because they are not allowed visa's when I talk about this, the visa problem always rears it's head. Why do they have this difficulty in getting visa's? Travelling is apart of educating people in new cultures and ways. If they are worried about other Countries being a bad influence, they will only be a bad influence if the traveler allows.
It can't surely be the lack of cash, there has to be something more deep rooted. i find it hard to understand.

Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Bearded Brian »

It's the same with most 3rd world / poor countries, the countries they want to visit fear that too many would overstay their visas and become a burden.

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

I don't know about the UK, but it is nearly impossible to get a visitor's visa to the US if you are an Egyptian male under the age of 40. There are a limited number of countries from which people can travel to the US without an advance tourist visa and those countries are chosen solely on low overstay rates of visitors from those countries. When someone goes to the US embassy for an interview for a visitor's visa, they are expected to demonstrate that they will come back to Egypt when their visa expires via documented proof of family (e.g. wife and kids), employment, property ownership, etc. that would demonstrate they have a reason to come back.

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

GD I know of a few people that have emigrated to the US from Egypt, in the past 5 years, it seems they had no problem getting visa's. Although it may also be they are professional people. All were under 30 years old, and looking for what they thought would be a better life for them. Is visiting and emigration classified as two different things? Maybe they had a sponsor.

Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

With those examples D, I have a feeling Omar will start talking about his love of Tesco and B+Q when he does his speaking part of his exam next month :lol:
Stand up to be seen
Speak up to be heard
Shut up to be appreciated

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU »

Robbo70 wrote: I have a feeling Omar will start talking about his love of Tesco and B+Q when he does his speaking part of his exam next month :lol:
Good luck to him, though it sounds like he is fully integrated! :lol:
When UK expats start talking about Tesco, which they will after ten minutes, I am lost. :ks

:tk :tk :tk Perhaps I should make a field trip...

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Glyphdoctor wrote:Then Dusak, the fact that many Egyptians who have never been to a day of school in their life and never traveled abroad are quite skilled in speaking multiple languages makes many foreigners who have settled in Luxor look like complete clowns in comparison.

Is that red nose you have a result of too much sun or just a red rubber ball you are wearing?
carrie wrote:Red Nose day Dusak has comic relief come early this year :lol:
I personally will gladly suffer from the red nose syndrome any day of the week compered to red cheeks when I read what I have posted in the past. :lol: Did you know that Dusak can say no in six languages without using the Google translator? :tk Dose that make me a highly skilled and cunning linguist?
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Chocolate Eclair wrote:GD I know of a few people that have emigrated to the US from Egypt, in the past 5 years, it seems they had no problem getting visa's. Although it may also be they are professional people. All were under 30 years old, and looking for what they thought would be a better life for them. Is visiting and emigration classified as two different things? Maybe they had a sponsor.
Yes immigrants have to prove they have a reason to go to the US (unless they win the visa lottery, but even that has basic requirements), whereas visitors have to prove they have a reason to go home.

Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

Glyphdoctor wrote:I don't know about the UK, but it is nearly impossible to get a visitor's visa to the US if you are an Egyptian male under the age of 40. There are a limited number of countries from which people can travel to the US without an advance tourist visa and those countries are chosen solely on low overstay rates of visitors from those countries. When someone goes to the US embassy for an interview for a visitor's visa, they are expected to demonstrate that they will come back to Egypt when their visa expires via documented proof of family (e.g. wife and kids), employment, property ownership, etc. that would demonstrate they have a reason to come back.

It's pretty much the same in the UK Glyphdoctor. It's extremely difficult for ordinary Turks, and the same for Egyptians I imagine, who don't own property or a business, even if they have a letter of invitation from an English family prepared to vouch for them. Given the numbers who enter the UK on a tourist visa and then stay illegally, it's hardly surprising that the government takes a strong line. My Turkish husband worked in Southampton, met many Turks also living there, but only knew a couple who were there legally like him.

dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby »

I maybe out of date (perhaps 13 months) but even sponsors had to show they had £12,000.00 needed if the their guest did not return home, after their trip, a letter does not do it anymore.
It is what it is.