Ring any bells ?

Discuss the problems that can occur in relationships with differing cultures and help overcome any barriers that exist.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Ring any bells ?

Post by Who2 »

I love reading The Mail as it always makes me laugh… :cool:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... es-UK.html

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Ring any bells ?

Post by newcastle »

Patricia wooed by 26-year-old Mondher after they met via dating website
The pensioner was not worried by the 33-year age gap between them
Married in Tunisia after a whirlwind romance where she paid for everything
Claims once in the UK he lost interest in her and left to stay with friends

We don't need to flog this horse again.

I'm reporting you to ACE...... :xx

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

There's no fool like an old fool... :cg
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

You think?

The young ones just don't live that long unfortunately. :(
Smile! It confuses people

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Sadly they do M.D. It called Health and Safety "Security" and Political correctness. Its been keeping stupid people alive since about 1982 !

Once again: How do these older ladies fall for it ?

In the absence of an answer, ( as I know we have been on this merry go round many times on the forum ),
I think I should divide my estate equally amongst my wife and offspring, in the event I pop my clogs first... :tk
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Sounds good to me. :up -

I told my first husband not to leave me more than a token, as I would give my inheritance away - in preference to spending it on fast cars and travel -as I could be tempted................

His will left me £1,000 :lol: so that's all right then. 8)

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

I'm going to leave aside the usual question of how do they fall for it, and ask two other questions:

1-What on earth is so attractive about a much younger man when you are an older woman?
2-Why do programs/articles like this sell so well?

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Glyphdoctor wrote:I'm going to leave aside the usual question of how do they fall for it, and ask two other questions:

1-What on earth is so attractive about a much younger man when you are an older woman?
2-Why do programs/articles like this sell so well?
Answers :

1. Are you serious? :lol:

2. Schadenfreude :|

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I know it's sometimes hard to understand why a mature woman would enjoy the attentions of a muscular youth, hung like a horse and with the energy of a rampant rabbit....but there you have it.

I'm sure others are happy watching their ageing partner's beer belly as he snores & farts on the sofa watching telly.

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

The only thing I can think of for the woman like the first one in the article is they just want to buy a slave. There's really no other explanation for it.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I rather think they're often looking for affection, companionship - perhaps because of previous unhappy relationships.

And when they find a young man who appears to give them this, all sense goes out the window and they are immediately in denial about the fact that the relationship is obviously "unusual" from a normal young man's perspective.

From then on, it often goes tits up...as we know.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Correction, tits down..as we know… :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I personally think it is the loneliness factor. From what I've seen and know about many of these women aren't exactly in prime tip top condition and their best friend has been the telly and an armchair which also equals a life on par with paint drying. I think when an interest, any interest is shown they immediately jump head first and are so more than willing to keep the attention going. Throw in a young guy with the attributes as Newcastle describes the awakened old hormones take charge of any residual grey matter that is left and their brains plus common sense flies out the window. And, in our own way, all of us are able to justify just about anything we want to do to ourselves.

Luxor Pharoahs

Post by Luxor Pharoahs »

Goodness me surely these stories are just old hat, brought up to make us laugh. If I remember correct Hever from Eastenders married a Tunisian in real life, wonder if they are still together. There was once a photo printed of them together, but you could not see him he was stood behind her!

I really do not bother who romances with who to be honest, not bothered who looks weird with who, or who just looks plain stupid with young studs, it's these things that make the world go around in some peculiar way. Of course when there is not much to laugh at they fill this criteria.

But good luck to them, at the end of the day it's their life, leave them to live it like they want!

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I think too there is a tendency to blame the victim. There is always the 'how can the old lady be so stupid' however while there is a 'sucker born every minute' there is also an entire army of very skilled predators just waiting to pounce. For some reason it isn't as self righteous to blame them and see them as the evil cunning cretins they really are however those who predate especially vulnerable adults they go to great lengths to seek out and groom are conscienceless individual with no morals or scruples.

Why don't we see the MMD as the soulless predator who has robbed a victim? We can definitely assign blame to a rapist and we definitely don't espouse the 'victim' of rape as being at fault yet we're definitely not looking at these young perpetrators of financial exploitation against elderly women in the same light as we do perpetrators of other crimes.

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Good point LLL.

I remember seeing a group of middle aged women, who had arrived a day before, dancing on the terrace of the Novotel.

None of the women were less than 50 yrs none of their partners were more than half their age.

Everyone seemed to be having a good time, but I couldn't help wondering who was taking advantage of who? 8)

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Therein lies the fatal flaw. The moment she arrives from the airport, a man will choose her. Some man. Any man. She just needs to be breathing and it will happen.

So she rolls over like a dog and accepts it. Never thinks for herself and decides whether she wants THIS man. She just takes whatever comes to her.

If a woman wants a decent man she needs to do the choosing herself and not be passive about it.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Every one is so judgemental, if she's happy he's happy for whatever reason. then that's up to them. The reasons are none of my business.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

As one reviewer said in chapter ten on TV street. What woman would want to lay down under or on top with a seventy years old limp d*** that could expire at any given moment of passion, when said woman can have a stallion any time she wishes for a few quid. Her tackle never wains, has no smell by date and is a healthy option for said young male organ than doing a backwards flip on the reverse side of the waste management system. Its like the boy with his proverbial finger stuck in the dyke, only this time he gets rewarded with cash. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Therein lies the fatal flaw. The moment she arrives from the airport, a man will choose her. Some man. Any man. She just needs to be breathing and it will happen.

So she rolls over like a dog and accepts it. Never thinks for herself and decides whether she wants THIS man. She just takes whatever comes to her.

If a woman wants a decent man she needs to do the choosing herself and not be passive about it.
I'm not disagreeing with your point Glyph but it prompted the thought that women who are being predated upon are all mostly in what I'd call the elderly bracket. I wonder where in the spectrum of women's liberation/women's rights they fall? Are they those who mostly filled the 'little woman' role of being happy housewives raising children, dusting the ornaments, getting her whites whiter than white and serving the hubby? I do wonder if many who are taken advantage of really are sophisticated enough to actually know they are being targeted?

(Am making a distinction between those women who specifically come to a tourist area to do the horizontal jiggy jiggy dance with the toy boys)

It is one thing if you're fully aware of the predators and what the outcome of mixing with them will result in but the key to me is trying to understand 'why' all common sense and knowledge goes out the window? Why is it so easy for them to justify to themselves that their MMID? Wonder if it is easy or if really these women suffer on-going angst and worry endlessly until the inevitable happens or are many of them truly naïve?

I'm not trying to diminish that the Predators are not good at their trade and have a veritable encyclopedia of reasons to readily pull out and use signifying that they are indeed different.