Ring any bells ?

Discuss the problems that can occur in relationships with differing cultures and help overcome any barriers that exist.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Ring any bells ?

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Ask yourself Dusak.

Why would the young men want an old woman? Why would young women want old men?

Old-Money=Old+Young

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Brian Yare »

Did not Enid Blyton write the Ring o Bells Mystery?

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist »

Mad Dilys wrote:Good point LLL.

I remember seeing a group of middle aged women, who had arrived a day before, dancing on the terrace of the Novotel.

None of the women were less than 50 yrs none of their partners were more than half their age.

Everyone seemed to be having a good time, but I couldn't help wondering who was taking advantage of who? 8)
Shock,horror MD!
Women over 50 actually "dancing"with younger men!!!

So what?
What's there to wonder about?
Were they actually "copulating"on dancefloor with them?
Who did you see taking advantage of whom?

This is what sickens me about some ex-pats!They just can't conceive that some women go there and enjoy themselves,without the notion that there is an ulterior motive.Think of a "hen-night"and transfer the location to Luxor instead of Spain,Ibiza,etc.
Whilst they sit there smugly "married"to their Egyptian husbands and criticize everything about our dress sense,behaviour,morals,and everything else!

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Scottishtourist wrote:
Mad Dilys wrote:Good point LLL.

I remember seeing a group of middle aged women, who had arrived a day before, dancing on the terrace of the Novotel.

None of the women were less than 50 yrs none of their partners were more than half their age.

Everyone seemed to be having a good time, but I couldn't help wondering who was taking advantage of who? 8)
Shock,horror MD!

So what?

This is what sickens me about some ex-pats!They just can't conceive that some women go there and enjoy themselves,without the notion that there is an ulterior motive.Think of a "hen-night"and transfer the location to Luxor instead of Spain,Ibiza,etc.
Whilst they sit there smugly "married"to their Egyptian husbands and criticize everything about our dress sense,behaviour,morals,and everything else!
Whoa! Hold on ST - you are accusing me of agreeing with you, in part at least! Read again what I said, please.

I do try to live by "Judge not lest ye be judged" ;)

Have a nice weekend. 8)
Smile! It confuses people

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Glyphdoctor wrote:Ask yourself Dusak.

Old-Money=Old+Young
There are those that take a companion for the prestige that it generates in the eyes of others, family, friends. Then there are those that chose a companion for love, companionship and the non financial rewards such a twinning produces.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote:

Old-Money=Old+Young
There are those that take a companion for the prestige that it generates in the eyes of others, family, friends. Then there are those that chose a companion for love, companionship and the non financial rewards such a twinning produces.
And then there are those who really should mind their own business as to what motivates relationships between people...except in a a very general sense.....as if they occupy some higher moral ground. Meh!

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Plainly ST you have obviously never met MD, she is not an ex-pat….. :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Who2 wrote:Plainly ST you have obviously never met MD, she is not an ex-pat….. :cool:
:oops: Shhhhhhh ;)
Smile! It confuses people

Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

Scottishtourist wrote: Shock,horror MD!

So what?

I think if you re read MD's reply again, you will see its not quite what you thought.

I often thought Luxor could be a cougars paradise. While your young gigalo is trying to get into your bank balance, as well as your knickers, they do tend to make every effort to pay for a few trips out and drinks. Therefore, one could easily enjoy a young gigalo for a week, whilst throwing in a few appropriate lines about wanting to build a flat overlooking the nile, spendings ones latter years with a huge pension in the sun etc, and use said young gigalo for a week of frantic sex before heading home and doing some research on the gambia or Jamaica for the next cougar trip :D

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Robbo70 wrote:
Scottishtourist wrote: Shock,horror MD!

So what?

I think if you re read MD's reply again, you will see its not quite what you thought.

I often thought Luxor could be a cougars paradise. While your young gigalo is trying to get into your bank balance, as well as your knickers, they do tend to make every effort to pay for a few trips out and drinks. Therefore, one could easily enjoy a young gigalo for a week, whilst throwing in a few appropriate lines about wanting to build a flat overlooking the nile, spendings ones latter years with a huge pension in the sun etc, and use said young gigalo for a week of frantic sex before heading home and doing some research on the gambia or Jamaica for the next cougar trip :D

:)))

Well said Robbo

What's sauce for the goose....

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist »

Robbo70 wrote:
Bravo Robbo!
I often think that if some women used such a philosophy when visiting Luxor/Egypt...we would all be spared their "heartbreak"when they realise they have been physically,emotionally and financially "drained."

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Dusak wrote:

Old-Money=Old+Young
And they can find it in their own age bracket as well! There are plenty of people in this forum in their twilight years still with their first probably saggy and greying spouse and they don't feel any need to trade them in for a younger model. What is so wrong about older people being together with older people? Most people in the world AREN'T cougars.

You say these women are in it for a younger body, well by that judgment, you have to admit it is likely the men with younger women are in it for the same thing. You can't just dish it out and then deny it doesn't go both ways.

And if older people want younger models as you suggest, then why on earth would a younger model want from an old person? Think about it. If old people are so repulsive to the old, they would be even more repulsive to the young!

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Brian Yare »

Glyphdoctor wrote: And if older people want younger models as you suggest, then why on earth would a younger model want from an old person? Think about it. If old people are so repulsive to the old, they would be even more repulsive to the young!
If the older person has money the younger one may expect to inherit it or gain it by some devious means.

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

You are right, Brian. But Dusak can't get his stories straight. First he uses some very crude and inappropriate language to explain why older women want younger men. Then he says these relationships are all about love and companionship. Puhleeze. MMID syndrome comes to mind. Double standards come to mind. Everyone is free to have their own opinions and I can respect that, but this whole topic is so laden with double standards men vs. women, Egyptian vs. foreigner, that it really is just hypocritical opinions.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

GD, no matter what is disused about this topic, your twisted thoughts will turn it in whatever direction you wish it to go. I'm 62, my friend is 39, not exactly a spring chicken. Her family has far more wealth than I have. She asks for nothing only me, as I do of her. We enjoy each others company, it just happens that she is younger than I. When I die, who gets what I own is no longer of interest to me. I would rather it go to someone I care about than some lying, cheating barsteward that is very good at coercing others to part with everything they own before they expire. There are countless things that draw two people together, not just sex, or the desire to have sex with a younger person. Some do do this out of desperation, or the lack of such a relationship where they usually reside. Some like to have a bit on the side, from any age, others like extra large helpings. Do not tar all such folks with the same brush.

What is the age difference between you and your husband? Would you have fallen ''in love'' as easily with a taxi driver instead of a doctor? You do not require intellectual levels of conversation or even qualifications if you are truly and genuinely in love with your partner no matter their age. It was very popular in the fifties that the American mother would constantly tell their daughters that they should marry a doctor to get ahead in life. You must of been a very good listener. I do not, and never have had, double standards, nor have I ever desired to rise above my station. Relationships, short term or long term, break up for a myriad of reasons, very few as a result of another person being the cause. It is just as easy to fall 'out of love' as it is to fall in love.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.