Intro

A place for new members to tell the forum members a little bit about themselves and their interest in Luxor.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Julie

Intro

Post by Julie »

Hello everyone
I joined L4U few weeks ago but not introduced myself before now as I have been out there recently (married an Egyptian just over a year ago) and have ,over the last couple of days, got the means to use the internet at home through a dongle device.(wish I'd known about this invention sooner!) Dont have land line and I phone my husband every night on my mobile. Expensive at first, but found best way to do it using combination of "Stop the clock" on Vodaphone, allowing me to call for up to an hour to a landline in Britain and pay for first 3 minutes. I do this with an international calling card,and I find the RED card gives me over 2 hours for £5 and has a local landline number on it. So calling each night for about an hour is less than £3.00 altogether, and less at weekends with my free weekends . Something else I wish i'd found before spending a fortune! You live and learn. Or maybe not!
Anyway hope to use forum more.Found it while driven to the net during the never ending hours working at the most boring job. So thanks for the relief! This and daydreaming about planning my next trip to Luxor. Sanity saved!

Goddess
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Goddess »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

:)

FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by FABlux »

[glow=gold]WELCOME JULIE[/glow] :hi2:

marvin-carrie

Post by marvin-carrie »

Hi and welcome

M+C

crazycat

Post by crazycat »

welcome to the forum :D
when she was good she was very very good but when she was bad she was better :snig:

Annadongela

Post by Annadongela »

Hi Julie, hope you enjoy your time with you and we can relieve some of those hours of boredom!

Annekg

Post by Annekg »

Hi Julie, welcome to the Forum :):)

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Welcome Julie - you soon won't have enought time to do anything - you'll be spending so much time on here :)
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave ............

Wills

Post by Wills »

Hello Julie welcome to the forum. :)

sue

Post by sue »

Welcome to the forum Julie hope you enjoy it here and look forward to your posts.

Zaydine
Post by Zaydine »

[glow=crimson]Hi and welcome[/glow]

:dance4: :dance4:

I'm having a brain dead evening (year, even); do you phone his mobile or landline with the card? I don't understand where your mobile comes into this, please help cos it sounds like it could save me a fortune. oooeer, I think I'm going to read it again.......

Kronkite

Post by Kronkite »

:D hello and welcome julie look forward to your posts

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

[face=Comic Sans MS]Hi Julie, a belated welcome to you.[/face]
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Julie

Calling Luxor

Post by Julie »

Thanks for welcome everyone.
Zaydine, I use my mobile to call my husbands mobile, as I dont have a land line. (Long and complicated story involving a battle with B T).
Vodaphone,despite being one of the most expensive,in my experience,for texting Egypt, has a call feature called "Stop The Clock", which you phone up and register for, then it stays on your phone.
It means you pay only for the first 3 minutes ,but remember to end the call before you go over an hour.
You can call any UK mobile or landline, but as I am using an international calling card with standard landline numbers on it, of course its the card calling Egypt,not Vodaphone, and having tried loads of different cards, I find RED, gives the best deal, at more than 2 hours,(about 2 hours and a half for £5) . Under £3 each night if we talk for an hour, including the small cost on mobile. Also I find the reception on RED good compared with others. So found cheap calls and now the flight prices have rocketed! Oh well swings and roundabouts, eh?

Annekg

Re: Calling Luxor

Post by Annekg »

Julie wrote:Thanks for welcome everyone.
Zaydine, I use my mobile to call my husbands mobile, as I dont have a land line. (Long and complicated story involving a battle with B T).
Vodaphone,despite being one of the most expensive,in my experience,for texting Egypt, has a call feature called "Stop The Clock", which you phone up and register for, then it stays on your phone.
It means you pay only for the first 3 minutes ,but remember to end the call before you go over an hour.
You can call any UK mobile or landline, but as I am using an international calling card with standard landline numbers on it, of course its the card calling Egypt,not Vodaphone, and having tried loads of different cards, I find RED, gives the best deal, at more than 2 hours,(about 2 hours and a half for £5) . Under £3 each night if we talk for an hour, including the small cost on mobile. Also I find the reception on RED good compared with others. So found cheap calls and now the flight prices have rocketed! Oh well swings and roundabouts, eh?
Hi Julie, I too also use an International Phone Card but I have never heard of RED. I use either Globaltel or Uni-Tel. Uni-tel are giving you £1.00 free on each card worth £5.00 at the moment so you have at least maybe another 30 minutes or so and Globaltel are giving you an extra £2.50 on their £5.00 card. Have you ever tried any of them?

Tobyjug

Post by Tobyjug »

:hi2: Julie.
When in Rome, do as the Romans.

Luxormad

Post by Luxormad »

Hello Julie :hi2:
And Welcome :)

Zaydine
Post by Zaydine »

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a go, as BT = £1 a minute and this has seriously curtailed my 'sweet nothings' time so far! x ;)

Wills

Post by Wills »

Zaydine wrote:Thanks for the info, I'll give it a go, as BT = £1 a minute and this has seriously curtailed my 'sweet nothings' time so far! x ;)
If you sign up for the "International Saver" at £1 extra a month to Egypt Landlines its now 18p per min and 43p for a mobile.

Zaydine
Post by Zaydine »

Oh Thanks for that Wills, my partner is going to suffer with serious earache very soon! :lol: