New member says hello

A place for new members to tell the forum members a little bit about themselves and their interest in Luxor.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Kristalle

New member says hello

Post by Kristalle » Fri May 27, 2011 7:56 pm

Hello

Im from the UK. This forum was reccomended to me. My interest in being here is mainly as I wish to go on holiday to Egypt this year. I have no idea at all about the whats, wheres and whys.

Ideally I think Id like to live there too! Perhaps I will learn if this could possible also.

I will be posting specific Qs once I have read all the very informative sections and topics but for now please say hi or ask a Q yourselves if you wish

Look forward to `chatting'

Kristalle

FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by FABlux » Fri May 27, 2011 8:11 pm

Hello & Welcome Kristalle :hi2:

I am sure you will find lots of helpful advice on here, just feel free to ask :)

JOJO
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by JOJO » Fri May 27, 2011 8:18 pm

Welcome to the forum Kristalle :D

sue

Post by sue » Fri May 27, 2011 10:16 pm

Welcome Kristalle hope you have fun here.

Barb

Post by Barb » Sat May 28, 2011 7:53 am

Welcome to the forum. Ask anything you want any Im sure you will get the answers you are looking for from at least one of us.

Kristalle

Post by Kristalle » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:45 pm

Thanks for your welcomes. Im still reading. Well Im trying to. Life hectic at moment.. I notice theres alot of UKers posting..from the Uk? So are you still here and go over when you can or are you like me and hope to go? I have no idea where to start.

I wont be able to post for the weekend. Have a nice one L4U folks. :dc:

Maakari

Quick intro!

Post by Maakari » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:06 pm

Hello Luxor4u!!!!! From the "New girl on the Block!"
I have been using your site for ages as a guest, and have found it to be very interesting , imformative, amusing, compulssive, sometimes disturbing and very addictive!
So here I am, A registered user at long last!
I have been coming to Luxor since 2006, and as so many people before me have said, it got into my heart!
I have made many friends (one that turned into something wonderful, but thats not for public discussion! ) Leant a new language, well ,..........can attempt to speak Arabic, but with my accent it sounds very strange apparently!! I have learnt to cook new and different foods, gained new family, and gained wonderful insight into egyptian culture and practices.
I have been getting over there as often as possible, every 8 to 12 weeks or so, when ever my work allows for it! I save up my bank holidays and lieu time for my forays. I was there for just under month April/May, and i am hoping to be back end of July!
I am Clinical radiological assistant, and work in Ultrasound.Love me job and although i moan about the hours and wages (and Government interference to patient care) I never have a day when i dont want to go to work!
I now find that after all these years, every trip, it gets too hard to leave Luxor!!!! (Last day spent mooning around and sighing, and hunting for my passport which someone hides!!!!!!!!!!!!!). So, It has come , the time to make decisions ! Life is for living,as I know from my job!
Just as I make that decision, BANG! everything hits the fan in Egypt!!!! My Parents who are elderly and one of whom is now terminally ill need more care, YOU NAME IT IT HAS COME UP!
I will not give up, and will keeps "tuning in" to get factual up to date info on my most loved Luxor.
Thanks for listening! nice to be part of you! :le:

Jayway

Welcome -

Post by Jayway » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:13 pm

Welcome to the forum, Kristalle and Maakari. you will like it here, every question gets an answer though sometimes not quite what you expect - - :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Brian Yare » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:09 pm

Maakari

The "something wonderful" and the reason for your frequent visits will ring alarm bells with some on the forum. Please be careful, and have your eyes and ears wide open before entering into any more permanent arrangement. There are some threads here that show foreign women getting ripped off big time when they think they are in love with a local man.

But enjoy your times here, and good luck.

Luxormad

Post by Luxormad » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:37 pm

Welcome to you both :)
Brian

Maakari

Post by Maakari » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:05 am

Hi once again!
As I said, I have been a "guest" browser for a few years now, and as i said follow the forum with interest!
Yes i have seen the threads, and felt varying amounts of symphathy and incredibility towards these posters!
But as i said before, I have no need to discuss my husband on this site, I am a big girl (well, quite big!) I have made my decisions to be where i am in my life through informed choices. I am known to be quite savvy and do not suffer fools gladly.
I have become member of this site for friendly sensible conversation, and to enjoys the views of other like minded people who love their chosen City to abide!
BUT, just satisfy all those people who will obviously be thinking "here's another 'un"
NO i am not rich,
No I have never been asked for money
No I have never been asked to set up a business
NO I have not bought a villa/flat/house
No i have not bought a big shiny four wheel drive
No I did not pay anything for wedding licence or contract
No he has no 2nd wife, ( which he could have if he wanted)
No he doesnt own fellucca/calleche etc!
No I do'nt own any type of rose coloured glasses!

And...................................
Yes he is educated
Yes he is hardworking
yes he is forward thinking , about the way that Egypt will move forward
Yes he is proud
and YES ,as in his own words, there are lots of young unscrupulous men that just see european women as a life enhancer and provider of all they could ever wish to own,BUT there are nice,decent ones as well, but their integrity is hidden behind the clouds of the dishonest ones, and nothing he can do willl change the minds of people who have known the bad side of egyptian men. Therefore all he can do is Work hard, made a good decent life and let the world know that after 5 years we are stll happy and strong.
As long as we feel that our union is right that is all that matters to me!
AMEN!
Hope that goes to reassure everyone, that, as in any country there are goodies as well as baddies! and i hope that the subject unless I choose to ask a marital type question ,will not arise! PHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barb

Post by Barb » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:48 am

Well said Maakari and welcome. :)

FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by FABlux » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:56 am

Good for you Maakari :) You have obviously been reading long enough to realise why the alarm bells ring but you also to see the positive side & have seen posts about the happy relationships here.
I am sorry things have gone wrong for you at the moment but hopefully you will be able to live your dream eventually