Hi Folks

A place for new members to tell the forum members a little bit about themselves and their interest in Luxor.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Hi Folks

Post by Yildez »

I've been lurking on the site for about a month so feel it's time to introduce myself! I'm a retired British woman, living in a small town on the south west coast of Turkey. I'm coming to Luxor for a couple of weeks in December staying at the Lotus;my last visit was in 1999 and after browsing the forum it seems that there have been many changes since then. This is a bit of a reccy really, to check out the possibilities of spending a couple of winter months in the sun.

My main interest is the temples, and I'm keen to visit Dendra and Abydos - if possible not with an organised group however. Any tips or info would be appreciated.I'm staying B&B at the Lotus so will be eating out - I understand there are many restaurants within walking distance, again tips and recomendations are very welcome.

I'm not too worried about the prospect of hassle, it's the same here in Turkey, and I have a little Arabic (Turkish has a lot of Arabic words!). I'm well practised at walking along ignoring all the touts!

I'd be interested to meet forum members living in Luxor for a drink or dinner - I'll be there from the 18th-28th December, and I'm really looking forward to it. :)

Barb

Post by Barb »

Welcome Yildez. hope you enjoy your stay here.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Dont know where you live in Turkey but I have a friend coming in a couple of weeks who also lives in Turkey, he finds it too hot here in the summer but usually comes for a couple or 3 months in the winter. He finds his way about quite happily and like you say he is used to the hassle.
PM me nearer the time and I will try to arrange a meeting. Have fun at the Lotus it is very close to a number of restaurants and I know a number of ex pats use the swimming pool there.