Favourite International Meals

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Re: Favourite International Meals

Post by Bombay »

Bombay wrote:
Dusak wrote:
Bombay wrote:I would not know where you are banned from certainly not my places.
It was a tongue in cheek remark numbnuts. But it has to be said that when you had a good supply of spices brought over from The UK, the curry dishes were of a more authentic taste. Not your fault, you can only work with what you can get. I have been in your place three times over the last five months, but you have only been in once while I was there.
Well I thought so because as the amiable person you are I couldn't think of anyone that would ban you!

Or the other version;
Knowing you for as long as I have I find it no surprise you have been banned in many places even ones you may not have visited :D

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

My favorites this year are the Lasagna in Pizza Roma and the Lamb Kleftico / beef stifado I had in Larnica in June :wi
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Mmm Lamb Kleftico :eat :up
claverley

Post by claverley »

The Indian in Luxor was good once upon a time, but the owner lost his way years ago.............SORRY :)))
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

claverley wrote:The Indian in Luxor was good once upon a time, but the owner lost his way years ago.............SORRY :)))
Whatever :a84: :a84: :a84: :a84: :a84: :a84:
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Anyone that looses their way only has to turn to God. He never helps, but while your waiting it gives one the opportunity to find another restaurant.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
claverley

Post by claverley »

It's is so sad Dusak because my favourite food is in fact Indian curry followed by Chinese, Not had a good Indian in Luxor since the Curry restaurant inside the Sheratan closed many years ago, same can be said about the Chinese that closed inside the Nova, good at the time although we did have a good Chinese at the Regal room and you was on the table that night [dancing]
To have a good traditional Curry it needs to be cooked by native chef's of their country! As Birmingham UK is the Indian and Chinese capitol of the world A BRUMMIE should open in Luxor which in turn would increase tourism! :eat
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

claverley wrote:It's is so sad Dusak because my favourite food is in fact Indian curry followed by Chinese, Not had a good Indian in Luxor since the Curry restaurant inside the Sheratan closed many years ago, same can be said about the Chinese that closed inside the Nova, good at the time although we did have a good Chinese at the Regal room and you was on the table that night [dancing]
To have a good traditional Curry it needs to be cooked by native chef's of their country! As Birmingham UK is the Indian and Chinese capitol of the world A BRUMMIE should open in Luxor which in turn would increase tourism! :eat
Dusak dancing!!! Last time I danced was when I won a grand on the lotto in '97, not at the grand. Must of been my double and several stone lighter to save the table. :D
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Dusak wrote:
claverley wrote:It's is so sad Dusak because my favourite food is in fact Indian curry followed by Chinese, Not had a good Indian in Luxor since the Curry restaurant inside the Sheratan closed many years ago, same can be said about the Chinese that closed inside the Nova, good at the time although we did have a good Chinese at the Regal room and you was on the table that night [dancing]
Dusak dancing!!! Last time I danced was when I won a grand on the lotto in '97, not at the grand. Must of been my double and several stone lighter to save the table. :D
exactly Dusak which goes to prove the poster is talking ******** under the cloak of anonymity.

If anything is not what it used to be is this forum so I am off got better things to do like refurbish my awful 10 year old restaurant. And get my others open.

Best wishes to some of you.

And thanks to keefy for his support over the years.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Bombay wrote:
Dusak wrote:
exactly Dusak which goes to prove the poster is talking ******** under the cloak of anonymity.

If anything is not what it used to be is this forum so I am off got better things to do like refurbish my awful 10 year old restaurant. And get my others open.

Best wishes to some of you.

And thanks to keefy for his support over the years.
I find this all a bit strange, is this some kind of wind up? I was under the impression that claverley is well known by Dusak by the quote below in another thread, they must of bought that apartment from dusak? so how would they mistake of Dusak dancing? which also makes me believe you know who claverley is, Bombay? do you not get along? is this the reason for the negativity towards your restaurants? :tk :ni:
claverley wrote:Our apartment is above that of Dusak's and I am shocked to hear that vehicles are being repaired so close to our homes as our 2 bedrooms must overlook their entrance.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

:a71:

There are so many things in this relatvely short thread that have left me confused. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

Meanwhile, back on topic - well almost...

I don't have a specific favourite international meal but I would be more than happy to eat a Full English Breakfast if one were to be put in front of me right now.

2 baked pork sausages
2 grilled rashers of back bacon (still pink, moist and soft, not dark, dry and crisp
I slice griddled or grilled black pudding
2 poached eggs (the white fully cooked and the yolk soft and runny)
2 grilled fresh tomatoes or 2 heated tinned plum tomatoes
1/2 round fried bread golden and crispy
3 grilled flat cap field mushrooms

Toast as required, butter, orange or lime marmalade.
Endless pot of coffee, or possibly even tea.

All a bit over the top but it would be my meal of the day and what I fancy at the moment. I stand no chance of eating it though as, other than a few small tomatoes, I do not have any of the required ingredients to cook this meal. Even if I had it's not the same if you have to cook it yourself...and then do the washing up.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

I do now Keefy thanks. I will ask Dusak if I upset them can't remember upset so many difficult to narrow it down :br
No they bought Mike & Jill's.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

A Brummie opening an Indian restaurant in Luxor would increase tourism? I think Claverly must be living in a parallel universe :urm: :urm: :urm:

And I've enjoyed many meals in Bombays establishments over the last few years, long may he continue :wi :wi :wi
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Same person? 2012

TA

This is the second year running we visited this curry house but the food was poor both times, we complained about the standard and the waiter said he would tell Russell the boss who was sitting outside We waited and asked again if he had told Russell - he said yes but that was it. I am afraid the owner has lost the plot as food here used to be good [this may explain why we were the only diners] Sorry to say the owner was not interested.- Never again.

response:

Hi
Thanks for taking the time to review the restaurant I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your meal.
Although I was in one of my other restaurants the waiter did inform me that you commented to him your meal was different to your last visit he did not inform me you had a problem with the meal, I spoke to the chef and the only difference is we now add some yogurt into our balti dishes. I then came in the restaurant and asked if everything was ok which you replied yes. Sorry if there was a communication problem here if I was aware that you were unhappy I would have sorted it out there and then. I believe I also spoke to you all once again when you left the restaurant after your visit several weeks ago. Please come and see me on your next visit to Luxor.
I would point out this restaurant as with my others are quiet or busy to varying degrees each night this is because we have had a revolution here in Egypt not because of our food.
Regards
Russell

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRev ... ml#REVIEWS

iirc we changed a recipe for a dish the new version was not popular we changed it back. 5 years ago. :eat
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Yildez wrote:
A Brummie opening an Indian restaurant in Luxor would increase tourism? I think Claverly must be living in a parallel universe :urm: :urm: :urm:
:))) :))) :))) :)))
And I've enjoyed many meals in Bombays establishments over the last few years, long may he continue :wi :wi :wi
Thanks for your comments I signed a new lease this year we will be closing later this month for a major refurbishment so planning to be around a lot longer.
The new Chinese/Thai restaurant opens at the beginning of September with the new Donut, Deli and European Bakery opening later this year.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Bombay, ignore it all and stay on site, as Keefy stated, the poster is know to both of us, the daughter of the couple that own the third flat, Cass. Why she comes on to create mischief, god only knows, perhaps in her own way she thinks she is being clever, I can only guess. Dave, the owner and father, will read this eventually, perhaps he will enlighten us all with an explanation as to why the continual heckling towards you.
claverley

Post by claverley »

What is your problem! General discussions and rants are here to be discussed!
At no time have I named and shamed any one I just discuss a topic in my own truthful words.
It appears I caught a nerve with some one who obviously is up his/her own A**
And how dare you openly divulge names and private matters, you should not talk about members giving names that is why you and every one else hides behind made up identities.
IT IS GOOD HUMOUR TO HAVE A LAUGH SOME TIMES, SORRY IF IT CAUSED OFFENCE!
:a9:
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Having your photo as an Avitar is hardly hiding.

Having you criticize my business and me leaves me no choice as to work out what your problem might be it was worked out.
No one is up their own arse with possible exception of you harping on about a bad experience you may have had in my restaurant 5 years ago and I did not rush to your side when summoned.

And by the way the Chinese food you had in the regal was cooked by my chef who is Egyptian.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I think he meant me Bombay, I think that there mat be about two people that do not know my rightful name on here as it has been mentioned countless times, but for those not in the know, DUSAK = DAVID ARTHUR RYDER. There, I'm out of the closet. :D