fact or fiction?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

fact or fiction?

Post by Dusak »

My friend was telling me this morning that there is a lot of talk on the streets between the locals, basically enough is enough if what the government has indicated what will happen at the end of July. That is when the pension increases kick in, but apparently the government has stated that this date will see large increases across the board of every consumable. If so, I see trouble ahead. My electric man came the other day, instead of his usual good morning, it was sorry, everyone's bill is high this month. Upstairs was 1,010, mine 935, upstairs that is empty and no electric on, was 230. My friends and all here extended families bills were 150% higher. And we still have power cuts.

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: fact or fiction?

Post by Who2 »

Really ?
phpBB [video]
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Miss scarlett

Post by Miss scarlett »

How much is the pension increasing? Not much I suppose......
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

In the news it says the government was committed to pushing ahead with painful economic reforms and slash energy subsidies as it aimed to narrow its hefty fiscal deficit and reduce soaring debt levels.

Someone I know quite high up and has a good reputation (sorry not mentioning names for obvious reasons) told me that large groups of people keep gathering in Tahrir square and trying to protest over the high prices, low wages etc, yet of course the police/army disperse them quickly. Maybe its all going to blow up soon, yet I can not see the army letting it happen and probably will be more stronger on the people if an uprising begins. :tk

Of course nothing is mentioned in the press, any mention of anything against the Government will get them closed down, blacklisted and most likely jailed :roll:
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I suppose they have to really, they have so much debt and a mountain to climb to get out of it. Maybe they should consider a personal tax code and collection and business's should have to have a proper cash till with receipts etc, so they no longer have draws under tables or pouches to put the income in, in some ways that will stop the creaming off against taxes.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

How?????????????????????
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Well I suppose they could enforce accountancy practices for business's, making them keep receipts for sales, and receipts for goods they buy in. Maybe the problem would be is the amount of corruption they are correcting or supposed to be correcting. I suppose though that to set this method up would cost a fortune. I do remember the police on the WB doing a check on shops and business's on the WB in Gezera, and down came the shutters on over 50% of the business's. So that would be the first thing to sort out.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I lost my rag in the Vodafone shop the other day concerning the rip off service we have to put up with and their rip off 50% sales tax on every transaction. A shrug is all I received.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

The problem is 'D" they do not seem to have any business sense, most is done under the table, and in so called "Pop Up" shops and coffee houses. Those that do it properly are faced with a mountain of things that get put in their way, and a mountain of bills to do so. Ask anyone what a business plan is and they would not have a clue. That is why there are so many coffee shops all withing 100 metres of each other vying for a bite in the cake that only has so much to eat.