Dusak

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Dusak

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I notice that Dusak hasn't posted in a long time - well since the middle of April actually. I hope he's OK.

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Re: Dusak

Post by DJKeefy »

From Dusaks facebook page:
Dusak wrote:27 April at 05:27

Its been two weeks now since I returned home from my hols, worst for wear. with ten days to go until the end, I went arse over tit, tripping on a loose slab of concrete, all my weight going onto my right shoulder. Luckily for me it wasn't broken or dislocated, but extremely painful and had to spend those last days with my arm in a sling, difficult to look after myself, but, even with this, it was the best holiday ever, meeting up with five on line friends for the duration, a thing we are going to repeat in a few months time.

Today is the first day that I've been able to type, the pain and a constantly clicking shoulder making it too uncomfortable.As you get older it seems to take much longer to recover from such things, but that's life I suppose.One thing that did please me, was the amount of complete strangers that offered their help and support at the check in at Bangkok airport assisting me with my luggage and paperwork. Even at Luxor they insisted that I take a seat while they sent for a trolley guy to offload my two VERY heavy lol, cases from the carousel, load them onto the scanner, lift them off and take them to the taxi area for my pick up. He received a nice tip. Good to be home, but its been difficult for me, even without the sling.

One thing that would of annoyed me if things had been normal, Egypt air had resold my return chosen seat, having booked it four months before leaving, I complained obviously, demanding the interloper be removed, an Egyptian guy, but instead they gave me an empty extra leg room seat near the bulkhead, so this made the return ten hour journey more comfortable than the original seat would off.And, seeing my arm in a sling, told me to use the first class toilet if needed.
Ive just spoke with him on the phone and he says that he his getting better and should be back on the forum in a week or so.

OH and he's happy that we miss him :D
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

That's good to hear Keefy, thanks for letting us know, I was wondering the same thing myself even though I knew he was away. I do hope that this time he tells us more about his adventures, he does do a very good write up once he puts his mind to it. :up
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Thanks Keefy. Glad he's OK in an 'ish sort of way.

Dusak, if you are reading this - Get fully well and posting soon.
I have some understanding and sympathy, a few years back I slipped and managed to break my shoulder. I've never experienced pain like it, before or since ... and never want to either.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Sorry to hear that you poorly Dusak, I just thought you were missing because you were having a wonderful time in Thailand. Get well soon. X
Ruby Slippers
United Kingdom

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I concur with everyone else's good wishes for a speedy recovery, Dusak. :up
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Perhaps he caught a dose of the clap, well it is Thailand... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Just a short reply, thanks for your well wishes and concerns, and thank you Who2 for really thinking out the possible reasons for my absenteeism lol, cant find the smilies now on this new set up. And also the w's are faint for some reason. I didn't do much different from last visit, you can imagine what its like being with five other guys hungry for adventure. But it was fun having your food cut up for you, getting help dressing....just thankful the loos had bum guns. I leave again in October for another month, this time we have all booked into a posh hotel to set living the life a notch higher. That's about as much typing that I can manage now. If your wondering how I posted on FB, I dictated it to a friend.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Dusak wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:35 am cant find the smilies now on this new set up.
Just click on the Full Editor and the smilies will show :)