Just saying...

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Just saying...

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Some of our more regular, vociferous, members have gone very quiet recently. I hope that they are keeping well and not succumbed to the dreaded virus.

Actually, I hope that all our members are keeping well and have not succumbed to the dreaded virus.

It has also been good to see that others have been a little more active in joining in the forums.

Wishing all members good health, and hoping that the present pandemic is not affecting your life too badly (although I know that none of us will not have been affected one way or another).

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

crewmeal
Top Member
Top Member

Re: Just saying...

Post by crewmeal »

All good here in Brum. Still undecided about my annual vacation to Luxor in August particularly as the Europeans seem to be Opening up a little. Time will tell.

jcoote

Post by jcoote »

We should have been in Luxor last week. Obviously that got cancelled. We've already decided to scrub holidays for this year, especially as no-one knows yet how this pandemic is going to go in the long term. We're still trying to get our refund from Egyptair, which at the moment is like trying to get blood out of a stone! They won't refund until they are fully operational again, so it's anybody's guess how long that's going to take.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

jcoote, I think refunds from airlines is going to be a slow process, no matter which airline and not just Egyptair specific.

I've been looking into my options with Turkish Airlines as I have a long haul flight via Istanbul booked for later in the year. We are changing our holiday dates and that my mean we also want to cancel our flights. It looks as though it will be easy to change our dates with Turkish Airline, but if we want to cancel our flight we can either take the refund in Miles Points (I never manage to save enough points with any airline/group and end up wasting them anyway), or vouchers which does at least have a bonus percentage added, or if we want our money back we have to wait until flights re-commence and there is no known date for that at this time.

Hearing from others, this seems to be very standard with the airlines they have flights with too.

Sadly, it's always the way - we pay up by a certain date or get penalised. Try to get your money back and it's a long drawn out process with, in effect, another penalty (loss of use of own cash).
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

jcoote

Post by jcoote »

HEPZIBAH. I have been watching quite a few forums and social media platforms, and yes, for most of us it's going to be a hard slog to get our money back, which they have had from us since August last year. The irritating thing with Egyptair for us, is the fact that they cancelled our flights, but are acting in total disregard for EU regulations. if it wasn't for that, I think it would be easier to exercise more patience, especially since at least in our case, it's just the flights we are having trouble with, and not hotels, travel agents etc..