Egypt’s Warm Welcome to Foreigners Goes Cold

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Re: Egypt’s Warm Welcome to Foreigners Goes Cold

Post by carrie »

Actually I have always fancied Sudan, would love to see the confluence of the White and Blue Nile at Khartoum.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

We have a pal here who knows Sudan really well as she used to teach there, until that 'teddy-bear incident.
Not a bad idea pop down and fly the flag, do they have an Honorary Counsel ? following Kitchener who became a Freemason before his departure in Cairo at "La Concordia Lodge"..."non enim sciunt a lot !
Decent hotel ? restaurants ? booze ? all to be investigated.. :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Just spoke to her she was just watching the sunset sitting in Siwa. 'vodka & orange....
She'll be back soon prepared to tell me about Khartoum and as such will brief-up by watching Khartoum tonight.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060588/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Ps: 'Perhaps, I can pick up some tips from The Mahdi, Lawrence Olivier.... :cool:
phpBB [video]
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Wonder if this will apply to any refugees Egypt has or might be taking :?: :?: :?:

We let you in, we force you out.

The 'taking in' (of refugees) makes Egypt look real good on the global front and the forcing out happens far enough into the future nobody is looking or monitoring. Force out enough means you can take more back in (accolades) and then shove 'em back out down the line.

And thus the world goes round and round and round.........
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

Glyphdoctor wrote:They've built a highway to Sudan now so you could just take a long weekend in Wadi Halfa and drive back...
Is there an embassy in Wadi Halfa? When will the highway be complete? I think that I will stick to the weekly rusty ferry.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Don't yer just love sensationalist journalism, read the fine print, sorry can not be bothered to explain has I have reached :wi :wi :wi :wi :wi , so my written work here might be too cryptical for some, and can not be bothered to e-mail those who understand code to the few who really should or need to know.

One thing that most people who are on long stay in Egypt NOW need to know, is that they should certainly retain all receipts from foreign exchange outlets, but then again as usual, others on this site will know better.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Brian Yare wrote:
Glyphdoctor wrote:They've built a highway to Sudan now so you could just take a long weekend in Wadi Halfa and drive back...
Is there an embassy in Wadi Halfa? When will the highway be complete? I think that I will stick to the weekly rusty ferry.
There is no embassy in Wadi Halfa Brian. The new super highway into Sudan has special restrictions. The weekly (Sunday only) 'rusty ferry' as you call it Brian, is a disaster waiting to happen. 1st class was around £60, there is nothing in Wadi Halfa. As for Khartoum, well you might come across a few old British crooks who once lived in Asswan, but for 'safety' reasons moved South.

I am told there are more pyramids in Sudan that in Egypt, nothing new there, being that once these places were one nation.

.........and if I can recommend a good book to read on the journey Brian, try Nasser The Last Arab, an excellent read in more ways than one. :wi :wi :wi :wi :wi .
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

From posts on other forums concerning this alarmist article I am beginning to think it is largely bullsh*t.

Calm down dears :wi
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

Dusak wrote:I gave you a like Winged Isis as your well written post contained many of my own sentiments about living here. However, I do not like the idea of having to leave the country every six months. Financially I could just about afford it but I would have to search Google earth in an attempt to spot a homely looking park bench within walking distance of the airport that I could acquire for the duration. :lol:

If it be true or not, we would all have to accept it and the problems it gives. All I would say that if true, it would be a very silly money loosing move on Egypt's part. :(
Please note, I didn't write it, just shared. I couldn't find any other info either, but knew others on here might be able to and thus confirm or deny.

It beggars belief if it's true. Talk about cutting off your nose... :?
Carpe diem! :le:
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

carrie wrote:Actually I have always fancied Sudan, would love to see the confluence of the White and Blue Nile at Khartoum.
I saw it on a documentary. Save your money, time and effort, unless you like looking at 2 identical flows of water swirling mildly around.
Carpe diem! :le:
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote:From posts on other forums concerning this alarmist article I am beginning to think it is largely bullsh*t.

Calm down dears :wi
Quite correct to say so newcastle, but I honestly can't remember if it is Egypt, Luxor or this forum that promotes the bull stuff.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.