GET IT OFF YOUR CHEST (Not Moderated)

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: GET IT OFF YOUR CHEST (Not Moderated)

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Under two names with the same IP address within 10 minutes of one another. This means that both accounts at the very least are being used in the same location at roughly the same time. It does not prove it is the same person, but it makes it possible.

Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

Makes it quite possible that 2 people were in say the culture club or secret garden or the one next door to Bombay where they have internet for free.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Yes, exactly.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I read it as one name thank you once again. I must get my head round this computer. I am now going to look it up on google and wiki perhaps out of bad will come some knowledge.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Well I think it was:

Newcastle in the Garden,
Dusak in the Souk,
A-Four by the Corniche,
Bombay in the Indian and
Keefy in the Café.

WHO benefits most from SS posting the post they actually made? Why do this? Sheer vindictiveness? And again WHY WHY WHY? Who wants to stir the pot and then sit back and look at the boiling bubbles bursting forth?
Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member
Cambodia

Post by Bearded Brian »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:Well I think it was:

Newcastle in the Garden,
Dusak in the Souk,
A-Four by the Corniche,
Bombay in the Indian and
Keefy in the Café.

WHO benefits most from SS posting the post they actually made? Why do this? Sheer vindictiveness? And again WHY WHY WHY? Who wants to stir the pot and then sit back and look at the boiling bubbles bursting forth?
Ah but was it with the revolver, the candlestick or the rope?
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The ROPE, of course, as somebody is going to get HUNG out do dry!

(Thank you for the perfect response BB!)
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Brain Yare posted 4 times (recently) from the same IP which Stepping Stone used, what I was trying to say is that if a person is using the same internet wifi from a public place like an hotel then it's possible they were assigned the same IP address, what makes it strange is that Brian Yare reported the post about me and Bearded Brian, yet he did not report the other ones, he then replied this thread saying it should have been moderated long ago, but he seems to be on my side and saying that's roughly what he had heard. I just find it strange from him, I have always had the impression he does not like me, well anyone :lol:

However I think it is someone else called Linda, I believe Dusak thinks the same and Carrie is unsure but says that Linda told her the exact story, word for word, but added some more nasty stuff later.

So they you have it.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

It means they logged on more than once from an Internet connection they have already used no other members have logged on from this ip address so it would seem that it's the same person also the chances that someone would log on and re log on within 9 minutes are also slim I did say the evidence is not definitive or possibly more than circumstantial
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Robbo70 wrote:Makes it quite possible that 2 people were in say the culture club or secret garden or the one next door to Bombay where they have internet for free.
Or one of the places on the West Bank that Brian Yare frequents and where he may rely on the free internet service...I still am not convinced it is Brian. If the known poster was someone with a home internet connection, then it would be pretty incontrovertible that it was the same person. But we know Brian stays in a hotel and frequents a number of watering holes and uses free wifi service where he can find it.

However, I do seem to recall once he was stealing the wifi from someone near to Medinet Habu who had made the mistake of not securing their home network. But then that was probably an Egyptian's home service, not an expat's.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:The ROPE, of course, as somebody is going to get HUNG out do dry!

(Thank you for the perfect response BB!)
Actually it is a candlestick as everyone has them thanks to the frigging electric here
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

DJKeefy wrote:Brain Yare posted 4 times (recently) from the same IP which Stepping Stone used, what I was trying to say is that if a person is using the same internet wifi from a public place like an hotel then it's possible they were assigned the same IP address, what makes it strange is that Brian Yare reported the post about me and Bearded Brian, yet he did not report the other ones, he then replied this thread saying it should have been moderated long ago, but he seems to be on my side and saying that's roughly what he had heard. I just find it strange from him, I have always had the impression he does not like me, well anyone :lol:

However I think it is someone else called Linda, I believe Dusak thinks the same and Carrie is unsure but says that Linda told her the exact story, word for word, but added some more nasty stuff later.

So they you have it.
Recently I have used wifi at Sheherazade, Hapy Habou and Fayrouz. Probably all on TE-Data. Oh, and my name is Brian, although I am frequently mis-spelt as Brain!
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Well these people who claim to know who it is are keeping quiet, and I think we should all be warned. Whoever it is does not realise the SSI is now known as EHS.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Robbo70 wrote:Makes it quite possible that 2 people were in say the culture club or secret garden or the one next door to Bombay where they have internet for free.
Actually the one next to me uses my free wifi lol
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Glyphdoctor wrote:Keefy-I want to ask you a question. When people join this forum, they are agreeing to certain rules. But in return, they expect you to enforce those rules. Isn't it in a way a violation of your side of the bargain to allow for anyone to say anything anonymously and accuse anyone of anything and then lock it and leave it? I just find you starting this thread strange and I am really curious as to WHY you are allowing this? Care to let us know what your motives are?

And I will add, playing devil's advocate here. How do we know that SS is not YOU? You could have made those posts, and then made up the story that it was the same IP address as someone else. I'm not saying that is what I suspect, but really you basically have thrown out some tidbits as have others that could implicate A LOT of people, all but one who are probably totally innocent. The way you have handled this sort of just stirs up the pot, even though you know exactly who is behind it. It may be all unintentional but I agree with Dusak's remarks above, this is not the way to handle it.

You gave us this free for all thread, but that doesn't mean we need to take the bait. I for one am not going to use it to implicate anyone. I've defended Brian, although I could also be wrong about him, but I'd rather put out evidence that it isn't him than allow him to be slandered without due process, especially when YOU know exactly who is behind it all and you could put a stop to the speculation if you wanted to do so.
My thoughts exactly.
Bearded Brian wrote:

Newcastle in the Garden,
Dusak in the Souk,
A-Four by the Corniche,
Bombay in the Indian and
Keefy in the Café.

None of those, but the chosen weapon of the assassin, the knife in the back.

We are treading a very dangerous path. I will not name who I think it is because I refuse to lower myself to the same level as this SS. Who I think it is my business and will remain so. SS must be loving this reaction, gaining even more notoriety than they could of hoped for.

I personally do not believe its the person mentioned on here, but anything is possible, but even speculation sticks, so bad decision to use the name. And keefy, you should not use my user name in your assumption as to who I think it is, that is my decision and my decision only. I am now leaving this particular topic as it is possible the lowest that this forum has ever allowed. :td And thinking about it, you have just done the same as SS, named names without their permission, moderated or not.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Dusak wrote:
Glyphdoctor wrote:Keefy-I want to ask you a question. When people join this forum, they are agreeing to certain rules. But in return, they expect you to enforce those rules. Isn't it in a way a violation of your side of the bargain to allow for anyone to say anything anonymously and accuse anyone of anything and then lock it and leave it? I just find you starting this thread strange and I am really curious as to WHY you are allowing this? Care to let us know what your motives are?

And I will add, playing devil's advocate here. How do we know that SS is not YOU? You could have made those posts, and then made up the story that it was the same IP address as someone else. I'm not saying that is what I suspect, but really you basically have thrown out some tidbits as have others that could implicate A LOT of people, all but one who are probably totally innocent. The way you have handled this sort of just stirs up the pot, even though you know exactly who is behind it. It may be all unintentional but I agree with Dusak's remarks above, this is not the way to handle it.

You gave us this free for all thread, but that doesn't mean we need to take the bait. I for one am not going to use it to implicate anyone. I've defended Brian, although I could also be wrong about him, but I'd rather put out evidence that it isn't him than allow him to be slandered without due process, especially when YOU know exactly who is behind it all and you could put a stop to the speculation if you wanted to do so.
My thoughts exactly.
Bearded Brian wrote:

Newcastle in the Garden,
Dusak in the Souk,
A-Four by the Corniche,
Bombay in the Indian and
Keefy in the Café.

None of those, but the chosen weapon of the assassin, the knife in the back.

We are treading a very dangerous path. I will not name who I think it is because I refuse to lower myself to the same level as this SS. Who I think it is my business and will remain so. SS must be loving this reaction, gaining even more notoriety than they could of hoped for.

I personally do not believe its the person mentioned on here, but anything is possible, but even speculation sticks, so bad decision to use the name. And keefy, you should not use my user name in your assumption as to who I think it is, that is my decision and my decision only. I am now leaving this particular topic as it is possible the lowest that this forum has ever allowed. :td And thinking about it, you have just done the same as SS, named names without their permission, moderated or not.
Maybe Dusak but I think this is your first experience of this on here. Some of us have been putting up with it for too long now on and off the internet.
If it is Brian Yare then as I said I don't know him the real culprits are the ones starting the gossip these are the ones whose throats should be ripped out or something else to silence them so it will come.
What goes around comes around.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

In a PM, I made a suggestion to Keefy about how he might be able to better pinpoint who was behind this and he took my suggestion and what he found was quite surprising to both of us and instead of giving more preciseness it just made the whole thing more confusing and unclear. I'll just say this, I think the case is at square one about who it (or they) might be and anything at this point should not be treated as anything more than personal speculation. I had my own suspicions but frankly at this point I really can't make any sense of it at all based on what I know. What's done is done, those who felt slandered have posted evidence to the contrary and I think it is time to move on. If you don't know who it is, then you can't really teach anyone a lesson and get it to stop.

And a suggestion to Brian, get yourself to Etisalat and buy a 3G modem and plan so you can have your own IP address and not have to deal with others' bad behavior being attributed to you.
Last edited by Glyphdoctor on Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Glyphdoctor wrote:In a PM, I made a suggestion to Keefy about how he might be able to better pinpoint who was behind this and he took my suggestion and what he found was quite surprising to both of us and instead of giving more preciseness it just made the whole thing more confusing and unclear. I'll just say this, I think the case is at square one about who it (or they) might be and anything at this point should not be treated as anything more than personal speculation. I had my own suspicions but frankly at this point I really can't make any sense of it at all based on what I know. What's done is done, those who felt slandered have posted evidence to the contrary and I think it is time to move on. If you don't know who it is, then you can't really teach anyone a lesson and get it to stop.
Were you on the OJ Simpson defense team before you left the USA.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Let's put it this way, what Keefy shared with you may very well have been suggestive of Brian from a technical standpoint, but what he shared with me from a technical standpoint made it pretty much impossible to be Brian, or pretty much anyone who actually lives in Luxor or Egypt for that matter or anyone who is known to regularly spend time here. It really doesn't make any sense at all. There's a big missing piece, so I just would not jump to conclusions. I had my own theories but at this point NO THEORY makes any sense.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

As I said I blame the people putting out the rubbish in the first place I don't know the guy so he got it from elsewhere.
The information I have points that way that's all i have said.
I have no problem sleeping after what was said about me because I knew it was ********.

The joys of anonymous internet perhaps it's about time it was ended I see no reason for forums like this to be anonymous it just breeds this kind of thing.

I don't need to hide and might make it easier to get your 10% discount!