Disgusting, this forum should be taken down.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Disgusting, this forum should be taken down.

Post by Dusak »

A spoof post, but be honest, if you had to choose one of these two totally different style of posts given here, which one would you rather interact with? And I think it will be interesting to see how many hits it gets given the posts title. That in itself may give an indication as to what catches folks eyes.

Palm tree.
I'm a new member since this morning. Came across it as my son asked me where Luxor was for his homework so did a search. I'm a member of several forums such as this one and was about to introduce myself then decided that I would take a closer look at what is being discussed in case my son decided to take a look. Glad I did. In my entire life I have never, going off the few posts that I skimmed through, come across such a collection of wannabes, hasbeen's and self opinionated cretins. No matter the time of day you shred people and their opinions to bits. I'm an accountant by trade, as my father was and his father before him, but my God, if I'd posted before looking first, my number would have been up before the first sentence was read. Living the life, becoming one with nature, saving the country as you all walk around the streets of Luxor with your noses pointed upwards, vertical with your spines, those that have a spine that is as you all come across as being an indisputable collection of spineless, ignorant two faced gobshites in my opinion, and my friends state quite openly that they rely heavily on my opinions as I talk sense. As soon as the page came up in that disgusting blue I just knew that it would be a frosty reception from you lot. Although full of kids, kids it is not for. The dung beetles that continually cross the screen should have been a clue, page after page of shite. Even the hotels are closing to keep the ones living there and the rest of you that like to be called seasoned travelers to Luxor out. From what I've read, only when you are in season do you go. Disgusting.

I'm determined to get sites such as this one closed, even though I've had no success as yet, I'm not going to be put off. And, when I find the names and addresses of those Anonymous folk that work hard to achieve justice across the internet, I will get them to help me. Up till then I will stick with my facebook, at least I know who I'm talking to and there is no one on there that has their finger hovering over the zap button just because I have an opinion and they don't like it. My world is a free world and I will not be silenced. But I will be keeping my eye on what is being posted, especially about me. And I'm not going to say what my user name is, all you will see is the palm tree, then you will never know I'm there, watching and waiting.

______________________________-

This forum saved my life.

Mandyfivefingers

Hi everybody, I would just like to say hello to you all and introduce myself to the forum. As you can see my user name is Mandy five fingers. This is my nickname from all those long years ago at school, although my name is Mandy. I'm an original thalidomide baby, two fingers and a thumb on my left hand, two on my right, hence the nickname. That's all I have just two hands, no arms. But the rest of me is all that God intended it to be, praise be to Him. I came across this wonderful website by accident, I'd typed in Luck4you, a dating website recommended to me by a friend, but must of made a typo due to me being partially sighted. Glad I did. Since my husband of twenty years was squashed under a fire engine that was reversing down my street cos I'd left the chip pan on and forgot about it and our house caught fire, my life has been a lonely one as not only did I loose the center of my universe, I also lost Tommy, my budgie. Danny was also a thalidomide baby, he just had feet, no legs, so was quite close to the surface of the road when the accident happened, so no blame was issued by me. Anyway, my pastimes are knitting, cooking for the disabled, got loads of good tips so will share them with you later, gardening, but no garden now as they placed me in a ground floor flat that hasn't got a garden, so I took up Bonsai cultivation, and I could talk for hours about that and me being me, will probably be doing so. LOL.

From what I've read all of you seem to be such a caring bunch of people, giving advice and telling about your lives. This is just the tonic that I need as my therapist, Debby, says that I need some friends that have the patience to sit and listen to what I have to say in the hope that it could ease my spells of manic depression that have plagued me since my double loss. You'll know when I'm suffering from one as I will not be online, so just a quick ''come on Mandy, pick yourself up'' message would be really appreciated. I can see myself nearly living my life on here, forget meeting someone on the internet and all the baggage that they could be carrying with them, this will do me. Can't wait to get stuck in. Just wish that I could come over and visit you all, but the small, but thankfully dormant brain tumor that I've had to worry about for the last ten years will not allow me to fly. So, see you later alligator. [in about an hour as I have to take my meds, more about those little devils later]

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: Disgusting, this forum should be taken down.

Post by Horus »

Not quite sure what you are getting at here Dusak, any thread with a heading like that will get most peoples attention I would imagine. I take your point that nasty threads often get the most attention when compared with the more mundane ones and I am sure that using a Thalidomide victim as your imaginary poster will get some reaction. :urm:

Edit: I would add that knowing Dusak's usual posts I am absolutely certain that he did not intend his second spoof to be mocking people with that terrible disability and he just chose a bad example to get his point across.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Dusak, have you been using that strong glue again in a non-ventilated area?
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

My choice was deliberate. Do we not all have some kind of disability if we look close enough? In body or mind. We just need to be honest with ourselves. The point of the post was in relation to certain ones of late that are not deemed worthy of us reading, or taking an active part in by others, without any objection on my part, I just go with the flow. People such as the thalidomide victims do not look for sympathy, they seek recognition and a level playing field in life and the disabled people that I have met over my years prove the point time and time again that they do have a sense of humor, even in regards to themselves and their disabilities. If you doubt my word, search out ''comedians that are disabled''. YouTube has loads of them, some with TV slots and others with international fame. So who are we to question what is right or wrong.

So would you rather read ones that get your juices flowing, bringing forth the kind of emotions that eventually show your true self when riled to the point of exasperation, or the more sensitive emotive kind that allows those that like to wallow in not only their own miseries, but others. To become part of their answer on how to move on due to their own experiences, or just get the chance to help those in possible emotional distress. Personally I prefer the former, more true to life in my opinion, folk speaking their mind, than listening to the 'my tales of woe' and if only 'I could turn the clock back.' I do not lack sensitivity or compassion, just a preference to what I read and going through past post from a mixture of members, those that have posted in a similar vain to my first example have gathered a large following and participation within a few short days, whereas the second type of post soon enters the publishers bargain basement, interest seems to wain very quickly.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

When a narcissist tells you a story where they're an injured innocent of a horrible vicious monster you need to know you're being recruited as a flying monkey.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

I bet everyone thought ST was behind this :D
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:When a narcissist tells you a story where they're an injured innocent of a horrible vicious monster you need to know you're being recruited as a flying monkey.
So are you saying that all these people indulging in this form of entertainment are purely doing so because they are all narcissistic by nature? If so, then that statement should be levied towards every entertainer on the planet. Maybe its because they can say ''hey, I may have x,y or z wrong with me, but my humor is still intact.'' And if they have that talent, then why not use it to earn a living by and help remove the stigma that seems to be attached so often towards the disabled, silently or vocally? And when you are disabled, it is very hard to find payed work, no matter what the law says about firms employing a certain percentage of such folk. And people as described do not walk around with post it stuck to their forehead stating that they are a narcissist, believe you me, it takes a long while for you to figure out that you actually know one.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I'm not entirely sure what this thread is all about so you'll have to forgive me, Dusak, If my comments below miss your point.

When I see a post ranting about anything, I switch off. If the rant comes with sharp humour I might chip in but if it's the MT-like repetitive moan... count me out.

When I see a post containing an outpouring of woes...and personal details on the poster's ailments etc,....again , I switch off. We all have our crosses to bear and I have little interest in hearing about anyone else's....if I don't know them from Adam.

I'm not a totally heartless and uncaring b'stard (testimonials available on request) but my inclination with 'woe-is-me' posts is to take the p*ss although propriety and PC usually (but not always) restrains me.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

So are you saying that all these people indulging in this form of entertainment are purely doing so because they are all narcissistic by nature? If so, then that statement should be levied towards every entertainer on the planet. Maybe its because they can say ''hey, I may have x,y or z wrong with me, but my humor is still intact.'' And if they have that talent, then why not use it to earn a living by and help remove the stigma that seems to be attached so often towards the disabled, silently or vocally? And when you are disabled, it is very hard to find payed work, no matter what the law says about firms employing a certain percentage of such folk. And people as described do not walk around with post it stuck to their forehead stating that they are a narcissist, believe you me, it takes a long while for you to figure out that you actually know one.
@Dusak - YOU said the above NOT me.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

:a17: :a23:
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Sadly
my cross eyed bear.....8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

Dusak.

You have achieved your objective - and in a witty way - what next?

Wit and humor are not dominant on this site - and I add very little on both fronts - are your posts the future? I hope.

My memory is defective - and I am too lazy to look - but weren't there oversized characters on this site 6 or 8 years ago who had a whimsical and absurdist approach - maybe the current situation provides limited opportunities for this but your contribution, against the current, is appreciated. In any event, I think that those crazies of the past are now not with us - and not because they have voluntarily withdrawn from the forum. Maybe there were always going to be few of them.

Newcastle, who takes me even more seriously than I do myself, tries hard with some success. He should try harder at p===s taking. I won't object.

I have always thought that MT was a knowing self parody and that no-one realized it. Given immanent evacuation we may never know the truth.

Could someone write a regular post about the, imaginary, absurdities of exploitation, thwarted sexual impulse, delusional financial successes, illusions of happiness, connections with the eternal, absurdities of tourism, the general silliness of westerners, the craziness of Egyptians (Keefy's photos of signs seem to have not found a wide audience - but I'm sure there is a book for him in this), the search for the perfect climate, the illusions of ever finding a home away from home, the permanence of fixed emigre culture in a changed life and the everyday absurdities of life.

Who2 comes closest.

I forget that a sense of absurdity is largely absent in modern life. In Egypt or elsewhere.

I live in hope of a skilled poster with wit and a light touch. Meanwhile the current crop will do.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I do have a serious side Hafiz, but find humor an easier ride through the trials and tribulations of life. Not always every bodies cup of tea, but it works for me against the mayhem and misery I see in abundance today. As a youngster I needed to see the more humorous side of life.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Hafiz remarked that he liked a bit of humour injected into the conversation, so I thought that this biblical quote was quite apt. ;) and Mr Junkers should take heed of this particular warning from the Bible Exodus 8:2 (CEB)

“If you refuse to let them go, then I'll send a plague of frogs over your whole country”

So Luxembourg should be very careful, even God is angry with him and it would not be the first time that France invaded his country. :lol: :lol: