Crass, out of order, unacceptable and nasty.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Crass, out of order, unacceptable and nasty.

Post by Dusak »

I'm always too late to place one of these comments under MT's postings cos I miss them being locked, so, by the looks of things he will be posting more of this kind, so at least I now have my say for the next four. :up before they become :a5:

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Crass, out of order, unacceptable and nasty.

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote:I'm always too late to place one of these comments under MT's postings cos I miss them being locked, so, by the looks of things he will be posting more of this kind, so at least I now have my say for the next four. :up before they become :a5:
I was surprised to see him burst onto the scene the other day.

I'd rather assumed, in view of several days of silence, he'd either been banned....or suffered some accident to his typing digits,

Whatever.....who cares :58:
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Dusak, the last topic was locked because his post had slipped through the net. After his last outburst which included threats to members he was put into the Moderation queue, but as he has no PM facilities I could not inform him of this until he made another post. All posts in the Moderation queue have to be passed by a Moderator as a way of filtering out trolling or malicious posts when a member breaks the forum rules and ignores warnings or requests to behave better, it is the final step prior to implementing either a set time period ban or a total ban depending upon their subsequent behaviour. It is quite rare that anyone actually gets a permanent ban and only after several warnings and shorter suspensions of up to 3 months have been given. The same applies to the Moderation queue, it is time related and usually only for a 1 month period, this gives people the time to calm down and hopefully to reconsider their behaviour. During this period their posts will be vetted and either passed for viewing, or on occasion they will be edited to remove something unacceptable, or deleted if they cross the line, are abusive or are rants. Otherwise members posts appear automatically on the forum pages and are not controlled in any way although they may be edited, however on occasion it is necessary to lock a thread to prevent further trouble, this is often done when other members have contributed posts within that particular thread. In MT’s case his last post was passed before it was realised that I had not had the opportunity to edit his post and so inform him that he was subjected to a one months moderation of his posts, therefore Keefy locked the thread.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Equal rights for Major Thoms/Toms/Tumbs/....bring him back now else I'll hold my breath for at least 5 minutes.
Forget LGBT think! IMDOT
"rally to the cause you L4U's you's'
Now is not the time to push the dislike button push the like button, share, phone a friend, get involved.... 8)

Ps: "You know it makes sense! or does it ?
Pss: 'slipped through the net ?
"He's not a fish he's a human being ! mmm..'perhaps the memory of a fish though!
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

He can post anytime he likes providing they adhere to forum rules, no one is stopping him. 8)
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I can't recall any serious breeches of forum rules by MT...a few near squeaks perhaps.

He was, however, guilty of serious breeches of the rules of grammar, syntax, spelling and punctuation... ;)

Just as well that's not a barring offence :ct
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

He didn't make any serious breach of the rules and no one said he did, but he did use threats to other forum members, some of whom complained it was unacceptable, so his posts are being monitored for one month to avoid further complaints.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

The forum rules state:

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned

I think Horus has been lenient with MT by only putting him on Admin/Mod queued posts, I personally don't mind MT but I wont tolerate threats on the forum. :stp
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

newcastle wrote:Just as well that's not a barring offence :ct
It is - as it would do for me!
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Dusak wrote:I'm always too late to place one of these comments under MT's postings cos I miss them being locked, so, by the looks of things he will be posting more of this kind, so at least I now have my say for the next four. :up before they become :a5:
It's the early bird that catches the worm Dusak.. :up
There is as it turns out, also a 5 o' clock in the morning !!!!! which it seems is the chosen time for covert operations, a quick hit and run.... :ct

fear not fellow Luxorians, Security has been beefed up and Keefy has of late been hitting the forums early, after tucking in Horace from his gruelling night watch, bless..
Armed only with a keyboard and mouse, its more than a match for a piece of 4 x 2 in the cyber world.... 8)
Angela
Egypt

Post by Angela »

I wrote this on another post, but probably more relevant here.

The man is mentally unhinged.

About 4 years ago MT had a rant on here about the state of his Villa and plumbing. On the Facebook equivalent of this page, he then reduced the cost of his Villa by several thousand pounds. I quipped "Did you get the plumbing sorted?".
Well, I was then hit with a barrage of threats via email (which I still have a record of), saying that he was going to bring me down etc. Baring in mind I had two children under five at the time I was rather unnerved by his threats. I told him I would removed the six word comment if it bothered him that much. I thought that was the end of it albeit leaving me rather bemused. My Dad is the same age as Justen and he would NEVER, ever in a million years behave like that to anyone.

24 hours later, the abuse started again. I received mail after mail of threats. My husband was rightly rather annoyed by this point (understatement) so I then emailed Justen and said that the situation was ridiculous and that I suggested that we meet face to face with my husband and sort it out. I even asked if he wanted to come to our home for coffee to smooth things over. I find people are not usually so brave face to face and I was getting sick of the online abuse. Rather than respond to my suggestion (remember, this was all about those six little words above, 'Did you get the plumbing sorted?'), he blocked me on Facebook.

I brought it up on this group a while later when he showed signs of being not quite the ticket on another occasion. He emailed me and claimed that it wasn't him. His Facebook account had been hacked. He would never behave that way. Then a pig flew overhead...

So his nasty comments are of no surprise to me. He's a vile, pathetic, cowardly man. I for one would love to return to contributing regularly to this page again but I won't do while he is still present. He is an utter disgrace.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

A Doctor writes:
One has to try to put oneself in his then and constant ongoing problems.
First losing three times as much as I paid for my house.
It then falling down, leaking, dogs, roads, no water then no electricity, no Coronation Street 'argh and horrible neighbours,
his list was endless and growing.
Rotten Quality Street chocolates, no bacon, only Stella beer, 'sleeping policeman (no pun intended)........

He could see no light at the end of his personal tunnel of darkness.
It was a slippery slope into despair.

So allow some understanding into your hearts, think on his partner she was and probably still is suffering.
As long as he keeps taking his tablets, start a course of 'spellchecker and drinks his 'sunset cocktail.
All should be well, if not he can always visit Dignitas..... 8)

Ps: "It's not the journey ahead that wears you out, it's the grain of sand in your moccasin" 'old Arapaho saying'
Sophocles.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I didn't complain about MT's posts or ask for them to be removed they don't bother me, I can hold my own. If he does post on here again I will ignore him.
Angela I have the greatest sympathy for you, you are not the only person I have heard of getting nasty and abusive emails from him and then when challenged he backs off. I hope he is happy where ever he is for his wife's sake but I doubt it very much.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Ps: "It's not the journey ahead that wears you out, it's the grain of sand in your moccasin" 'old Arapaho saying'

...Or maybe the grains of sand in his eyes that ruined his journey perhaps ? ..... :cry:

I wonder if they will Franchise Dignitas ?
I could probably get in early and make a killing fortune out of despatching miserable "old" people off this rock, no matter what their age.. :cg
All Major credit cards will be accepted once the transaction has cleared...
Plus I can then sell the bodies on for the manufacture of Soylent Green..... :mrgreen:

Soylent Green is people. ! ( Best said with a West country accent, it makes more sense if you get the somewhat esoteric simile ) .... 8)

Remember, Sticks and Stones can hurt your bones.. ( 4 x 2 seems the weapon of choice).... But words can never harm you.... true story.... :br
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Well, if he's not actually barred from posting, I can only imagine he's too busy telling his hotel how they can improve their service, the local population on how they should treat honoured guests like himself and scouring the pet shops of Cyprus looking for a new BFF...one with a life expectancy of 3-4 weeks so he's not "inconvenienced" when he moves on.

Then again...he may simply have forgotten who he is and can't log on.

It must be difficult for him remembering which persona is currently active on L4U. :urm:

“I am who I am today because of the choices I made yesterday.”

― Eleanor Roosevelt
Ruby Slippers
United Kingdom

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Angela, you've shocked me with your revelations! I've always considered MT as a harmless buffoon, albeit an uneducated, ignorant one. The only 'personal' contact with him that I've had that I could call even vaguely 'threatening' was when he posted about the people from this site that he had met although they had never met him. He included me in the list but as this was an impossibility, I ignored it. Thank you for a deeper insight into his character.
Angela
Egypt

Post by Angela »

Ruby Slippers wrote:Angela, you've shocked me with your revelations! I've always considered MT as a harmless buffoon, albeit an uneducated, ignorant one. The only 'personal' contact with him that I've had that I could call even vaguely 'threatening' was when he posted about the people from this site that he had met although they had never met him. He included me in the list but as this was an impossibility, I ignored it. Thank you for a deeper insight into his character.
The really odd thing Ruby was that there was no history to it at all. I'd never made any 'digs' about him online or been unkind to him on forums. We once exchanged emails when I was asking him about his hot tub. There was never any nastiness and my comment had only been light hearted bearing in mind that five minutes prior to dropping the price of his Villa on the L4U FB Page, he'd been complaining about his dreadful plumbing. I was very confused and remain so to this day. Very odd indeed. :ni:

PS - I used to use a Pseudonym for blogging and Facebook, Ruby Tuesday. I wonder if he got you muddled up with me? Lots of people used to thing you were me in this group. I never, ever met him in person though.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

When things start to go wrong all one see's is everything and everyone is against one personally.
Even the dog barking can be translated as a direct threat!
Asked to do the washing up, a threat!
Take out the garbage 'Why me ? another threat!

No quality Quality Street, a direct attack!
It's called Karma..'A Policeman's lot is not a happy one, even an ex-policeman... 8)
"I rest my case! Your Honour.
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Who2 wrote:A Doctor writes:
One has to try to put oneself in his then and constant ongoing problems.
First losing three times as much as I paid for my house.
It then falling down, leaking, dogs, roads, no water then no electricity, no Coronation Street 'argh and horrible neighbours,
his list was endless and growing.
Rotten Quality Street chocolates, no bacon, only Stella beer, 'sleeping policeman (no pun intended)........

He could see no light at the end of his personal tunnel of darkness.
It was a slippery slope into despair.

So allow some understanding into your hearts, think on his partner she was and probably still is suffering.
As long as he keeps taking his tablets, start a course of 'spellchecker and drinks his 'sunset cocktail.
All should be well, if not he can always visit Dignitas..... 8)

A very touching, well thought and heart rendering post Who2. Personally I prefer the shorter version, *** 'im.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.