Tennis legend Margaret Court in Gay controversy

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Tennis legend Margaret Court in Gay controversy

Post by newcastle »

Lesbian conspiracies and transgender 'devil children': How tennis legends Martina Navratilova and Margaret Court went to war over 'racist and homophobic' insults sparked by two female players having a baby together.

Tennis legends Martina Navratilova and Margaret Court are in a war of words. It comes after Court made a string of 'racist and homophobic' remarks.

The controversy started when Court drew fire for saying she will avoid Australian airline Qantas over its gay chief executive Alan Joyce's pro-gay marriage stance.

She later criticized lesbian tennis player Casey Dellacqua and her partner.

Navratilova slammed Court's 'sick and dangerous' comments on gays in tennis.

Court's statements have been criticised in the tennis world by several players .

Her comments prompted calls to rename Melbourne's Margaret Court Arena.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4ir5QSdCg

I've long been a supporter of LGBT rights. I'm also a supporter of free speech.....which comes with the expectation of a degree (to say the least!) of approbrium if your remarks are deemed racist or homophobic.

Ms Court said she doesn't dislike Martina Navratilova personally, or any other female players and ensured listeners she doesn't take issue with gay people.

'I've got them in the church. I've also got over a hundred Africans in my church and they know I love them.'

Bit of an own goal there Margaret! :lol:

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: Tennis legend Margaret Court in Gay controversy

Post by Horus »

Good grief! she looks like a Bulldog chewing a wasp ;)
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote:Good grief! she looks like a Bulldog chewing a wasp ;)
Pretty fearsome eh! I can't imagine she got many 'offers' in the locker room :lol:

I swear I didn't search for the most unflattering image.....I took it straight from the linked article.
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

This has been coming for a long time.

She is a ‘pastor’ at some low rent revivalist church somewhere in the bush in Western Australia and has been pouring out similar vomit for a few years.

Why this has blown up now– rather than a few years ago – I don’t know.

The question facing the tennis establishment is whether she has brought the sport into disrepute such that her name should be removed from the second court at the venue of the Australian Open. Sponsors are applying pressure and public opinion is near universally ....no universally against her.

If she shuts up now – no hope she’s a ranter – she might escape with the thin shreds of a much diminished reputation.

The problem for the establishment is that she has a claim to high status – she won more grand slams than any other woman in the amateur period.

It is possible that she suffers from a mental disease or has dementia.

The photograph captures perfectly her hateful attitude to the world. She disagrees with most of what goes on in the world.

This has been going for a while and she is now widely regarded as a hateful nutter – and even with conservative people as lacking taste and discretion.

Extreme religious/moral views are one thing but hate and abuse are something else entirely.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

A load of rubbish, just because your a lesbian does not mean that you haven't got the balls to reach International standards, as is in this case.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.