Complete Ban

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: Complete Ban

Post by Horus »

newcastle wrote:The advance of science...or not.

Ancient Egyptian helicopter

Leonardo Da Vinci helicopter

Modern helicopter
Ah yes! the oft quoted helicopter hieroglyphs used by many conspiracy theorists to support their case, did I spot a tank next to it? :D

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Just imagine the bill for tax payers to install the new infrastructure to keep these electric cars going. Without it we will see cars parked all over the place awaiting a new charge. I would have thought that lorries, buses, light goods vehicles pollute Cities more than your average car, what are they doing about these, after all I have never heard of an electric engine that will power a commercial vehicle yet. Imagine an articulated lorry with a trailer for the batteries!
Has a year been sorted out for the banning of heavy polluters such as lorries to be taken of the UK roads or is it just another easier thing to do. The UK seems to be run by a self harming government at this moment of time.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Winged Isis wrote:I've been waiting since childhood for flying cars like in The Jetsons.
I think that it was around thirty years back, possibly in Texas, that the first truly independent car with wings took off on its maiden flight, which was quite successful if I remember rightly. A few months ago on one of the news channels it mentioned the new generation of 'flying cars' Which have shown great promises for the future, but can't remember if it had propeller or jet propulsion. Maybe in the future you will be able to get in yours in your garage and fly across to Egypt. Stuff the airlines. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote:
Winged Isis wrote:I've been waiting since childhood for flying cars like in The Jetsons.
I think that it was around thirty years back, possibly in Texas, that the first truly independent car with wings took off on its maiden flight, which was quite successful if I remember rightly. A few months ago on one of the news channels it mentioned the new generation of 'flying cars' Which have shown great promises for the future, but can't remember if it had propeller or jet propulsion. Maybe in the future you will be able to get in yours in your garage and fly across to Egypt. Stuff the airlines. :lol:
Jet, ducted fan and rotors are all being tested...although the latter is more like our old friend the gyrocopter.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarwantsin ... 334274b461

In 1940, Henry Ford famously predicted: "Mark my word: a combination airplane and motorcar is coming. You may smile, but it will come.”

German company Lilium beats Google and Uber to successfully test a VTOL jet that could be used as a city taxi.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... l-jet-taxi
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

Dusak wrote:
I plan on living a very long time, if only to do that. :D From an interview I heard recently they are a real possibility in my lifetime, though unlikely for going that far.
Carpe diem! :le:
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

I told you a revolution is coming, this is just one of many.

Finally the UK government have made a good decision, and forcing the issue to remove oil burning vehicles off our roads !

This will force the electric technology to move forward in leaps and bounds, which in turn will drive ( 'scuse the pun ) down the prices of electric vehicles.
I also have a vision of how these electric cars will become more efficient, but I will stay quiet about that for now, lest I jinx the vision.

The Tesla model S is a remarkable car, but at 120 K, out of reach for the masses. but packed full of technology, such as collision avoidance and autonomous driving.

This decision also removes the strangle hold the petrol companies have, and indeed the government tax on said fossil fuel merchandise.
But, Governments being governments have indeed budgeted for this forseen loss of revenue.
Notice how the vehicle tax has now moved away from emissions for electric cars which attracted a zero tax for road use, and is now taxing you on the value of your car...

But we can hope that by 2040 and beyond, the electric car will be as cheap as the internal combustion engined car...

We are always living in the best of times, but one really does need the eyes to see that, instead of bitching an moaning that the old days were better, because they were not...

this is just the start, expect more announcements in the very near future....

TTFN.... 8)
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Does anyone think that transport will be the same in 2040 as now, there may be no private vehicles, the streets could be empty and all travel underground. Roads take up an awful lot of room.
claverley

Post by claverley »

Been working on 12 power alternatives to drive cars of the future!
BUT CAN'T TELL YOU! [can you crack my coded secrets?]

1. TAPE WORMES.
2. PRESSED CORAMI.
3. HOT ELMAN.
4. CANDLE GUM.
5. SULTANA RAG.
6. US MAN WHEAT.
7. HOG RYNDE.
8. BI SEED OIL.
9. UNCLEANER GREY.
10. INHALE P COW CREAM.
11. THROW TEA.
12. A BALL COCK.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I suppose the BALL and COCK contrivance is just a one seater? :D
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
claverley

Post by claverley »

D, i would have thought you would have cracked the codes? your first attempt is wrong, but a little clue is Mrs thatcher is to blame!
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

claverley wrote:Been working on 12 power alternatives to drive cars of the future!
BUT CAN'T TELL YOU! [can you crack my coded secrets?]

1. TAPE WORMES.
2. PRESSED CORAMI.
3. HOT ELMAN.
4. CANDLE GUM.
5. SULTANA RAG.
6. US MAN WHEAT.
7. HOG RYNDE.
8. BI SEED OIL.
9. UNCLEANER GREY.
10. INHALE P COW CREAM.
11. THROW TEA.
12. A BALL COCK.
Steam Power;Compressed Air;Methanol;Camel Dung;Natural Gas;Human Sweat;Hydrogen; Bio Diesel;Nuclear Energy;Mechanical Power;Hot Water;Black Coal.
claverley

Post by claverley »

Number 6 is wrong! - don't think I could run an engine on human sweat!
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

claverley wrote:Number 6 is wrong! - don't think I could run an engine on human sweat!
Oh...I don't know :lol:

I wondered about "human waste" too.

You forgot VIEW A HIGH TOSS ;)
claverley

Post by claverley »

You are right Newcastle! WI SAVE HOG SHI*

:58: BREATHE COUNTRY OXOLUX PANCAKING 4 DOORMATS! :le:
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

In actual fact, human sweat can be used as a liquid propulsion. I'm working in the garden, but as soon as I get under the shade to have a cool drink with rivulets of sweat running down my arms and chest, Derick and Eric race each other to get to me first to begin licking it off for the salt content. An example of reverse engineering I suppose. :lol:
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

carrie wrote:Does anyone think that transport will be the same in 2040 as now, there may be no private vehicles, the streets could be empty and all travel underground. Roads take up an awful lot of room.
An Excellent Question Carrie... :rs

Now that every man and his dog are connected via Phones and computers, and these phones can track your movements and routines, I believe it will be easy enough for the masses to relinquish car ownership and simply have a vehicle turn up at your door to take you to work.

Sort of a publicly owned car share scheme, but without the hassle of ownership.

when I consider that during my working week, I travel 2 hours a day over a distance of 80 miles Monday to Friday, "My" car just sits on my drive or in a car park for the rest of the time.
Therefore, it can be doing other things........

cars will be more or less autonomous soon, so why keep them a prisoner... 8)

If I do have to have a Government, I want one that is useful and accountable, not sons of Bankers and Lawyers, I want men and women of vision and who are clever and can fix real problems....
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I wonder what happened to Bio Fuels where they were collecting old fish shop frying oil, cleaning it and mixing it up for use on diesel fueled vehicles. Apparently this is still big in the US. I was watching "Shipping Wars"on the TV the other day and one of the shippers was collecting waste oil for use in his truck.