MajorThom - Nickersons?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

MajorThom - Nickersons?

Post by HEPZIBAH »

MajorThom, you have said you are related to the Nickerson family with strong Lincolnshire/Grimsby Links. Would you have any photographs of Field House, probably situated near Pelham Terrace?

I am trying to help someone identify a function from a photograph and it proving a bit of a mystery. If we can identify the house it is likely that the photograph subjects would make more sense, or at least give a new route of investigation.

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Re: MajorThom - Nickersons?

Post by Major Thom »

I will ask my niece she is the one with all or most of the family background, left to her when my sister passed. Dont forget even though retired I was still 20 years younger than my sister. It was remarkable that both my sisters and my mother, (Who was pregnant with me) all had children within 5 months. I was an uncle at 5 mnths.
Hepzi do you have more information than given in your post? Or would the info you have given be enough to see if we can get you the results you require.
My main growing up period was with my brother, or adopted brother, by that time the family had moved to a place called Metheringham. Both Sisters who were married lived near Grimsby, one at a village called Grasby and my youngest sister at a village called Tetney. Fom my own point of view I saw little of my mothers family, only when I visited when a young child, by the time I was 16 most of the clise family had passed, and for myself I just reached school leaving age and then started my wild youth years.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

It's not my photograph so I can't post it here. There is a group photograph outside a double bay fronted house. Probably taken early 1900's. Being able to identify the house would help further research into the people and occasion. It has been suggested that the house may be Field House, which is thought to have been a Nickerson property.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

My Niece tells me that the house in question is either a medical centre or a dental practice in Pelham Street. She knows nothing of any previous owners. The main property is supposed to be a Manor House that has been in the family for a number of years and generations, and is in a village called Ormseby. Apparantly it later became a Guest House. She will look theough more photos today and let me know.