Any info on Laura Plummer

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Re: Any info?

Post by Major Thom »

I have a tendency to agree with DJ's last post, after all the girl did not try to hide the fact she was carrying Tramadol. Has a medical check been done on the boyfriend, to see if he had a bad back condition, why had he not been and consulted a Doctor beforehand about his problem. It maybe he knows the high retail sale of Tramadol in Egypt, and wanted to cash in. If truth be known because the place is self medicating, Pharmacies may well be able to get Tramadol for the addicts, after all the borders of Egypt are impossible to police entirely. When we moved there almost 9 years ago my wife was taking Tramadol, she did not have any problems getting it from Pharmacies, some we believe came from Libya and Syria at the time. We saw one of Luxor's top Doctors who told us the effects of Tram. and he advised my wife to come off, he then told my wife of another pain killer, she took it for 3 months and to be honest with the warm climate she and the Doctor managed to get her off Tram. To be quite honest we knew the recreational use of Tramadol was wide, but we did not realise until this occurred there was a total ban of it.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I do not understand the constant mentioning of this woman's Egyptian husband in this case. Whilst the hubby was involved in this whole debacle he, or so it seems to me, has not committed a crime. This case is about an English woman taking drugs into a country where they are at present illegal. He may be morally responsible, but he has not committed the crime.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

HEPZIBAH wrote:I do not understand the constant mentioning of this woman's Egyptian husband in this case. Whilst the hubby was involved in this whole debacle he, or so it seems to me, has not committed a crime. This case is about an English woman taking drugs into a country where they are at present illegal. He may be morally responsible, but he has not committed the crime.
But he would be liable under the "accessory after (or before) the fact" concept. It would certainly be the case if a person in the UK induced, or had knowledge of, a person bringing illegal substances into the UK.

Perhaps the concept isn't applied in Egypt......but I suspect it is and the "husband" is probably playing down his role in the affair.

None of this affects the woman's culpability of course, but could be taken into account in sentencing.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I hear tylenol, or is it tomol is overtaking tramadol in illegal sales.
Mind you ! I just say "No to drugs....... 8)
back to my mulled wine.....
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote:I hear tylenol, or is it tomol is overtaking tramadol in illegal sales.
Mind you ! I just say "No to drugs....... 8)
back to my mulled wine.....
I thought Tylenol was just another name for paracetamol.

God knows how you'd get high on that.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I think if the stupid woman had kept a lower profile said she was sorry, never to return, she would have been deported before now. I doubt if she will serve her full 3 years I see deportation on the horizon if she has the sense now to keep her mouth shut and providing that Boris doesn't come over pleading her cause.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

But he would be liable under the "accessory after (or before) the fact" concept. It would certainly be the case if a person in the UK induced, or had knowledge of, a person bringing illegal substances into the UK.
If the b/f didn't ask for them or she didn't recommend them we wouldn't have this thread.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Interesting to see an internet page on this lady has got over 4000 supporters in the space of 5 days. If you think I am bad you should read the letters about Egypt gong on the Internet not one supporter of the Country and over ninety percent telling people not to bother with the place anymore. It may never survive a tourist boost again. I did notice that a few letters to the site were from the non informed, but to a blanket s--t sticks.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I don't know how Egypt will cope with this loss of "kiss-me-quick" chavs from Hull. :(

Funnily enough, of all the newspaper comments I've read, few, if any, blame Egypt for Ms Plummer's predicament. Some comment that Egyptian prisons are pretty unpleasant......probably the same people who are quick to slam the cushy jails of UK and the money spent on coddling low -lifes.

And as for social media - particularly the sites referencing Egypt - I've yet to see a solitary voice raised in her defence.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Seems that the 'boyfriend has changed his name from Omar Caboo to Omar Abdul Azim.
As in the famous quote from 'Dragnet "Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent."....... 8)
Ps: Speaking to the Mail he said....‘My heart is absolutely broken – I’m missing her so much. I did not want her to violate her life and I had no idea she would bring tramadol – I would have told her “don’t bring it to Egypt”.’
Just bring the money!
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote:Seems that the 'boyfriend has changed his name from Omar Caboo to Omar Abdul Azim.
As in the famous quote from 'Dragnet "Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent."....... 8)
Ps: Speaking to the Mail he said....‘My heart is absolutely broken – I’m missing her so much. I did not want her to violate her life and I had no idea she would bring tramadol – I would have told her “don’t bring it to Egypt”.’
Just bring the money!
That's Mr Azim off the hook then.

Per Daily Mail
Mr Azim said of Miss Plummer: ‘She’s my wife and I love her. I have been depressed. I was wordless [at the court verdict].’
Any likely ladies from Hull who'd like to fly out to Egypt and supply Mr Azim with anti-depressants should contact the Daily Mail.
Adamantium

Post by Adamantium »

I have not seen the page relating to this woman with the many discouraging letters however I have read such remarks elsewhere. From that I would say Egypt is just a place where once you know the best and the bad of the people the best always shines through. As for the bad it is just a matter of knowing how to either handle these people or just avoid them. Familiarity breeids contempt so avoid getting familiar with the contemtable. Brush off the small things and learn from the bad.learn how to manage the people and situations. Egypt is more good than bad. If people are saying bad things of Egypt at these times of tourist decline they are kicking the country while it is down. When something falls out of fashion people seem to like turning on it accentuating the negative rather than the positive. Some might liken it to beatibeating a dead horse. Don't blame a whole nation if one or two bad chefs spoilt the broth.
Adamantium

Post by Adamantium »

As we enter into the New year at the stroke of twelve it reminds her the Midnight Express has for her been derailed leaving her with Midnight distress. No chimes from Big Ben but twelve clangs on the jail bars as those Egyptian jailbirds enact a scene from Chicago.

Having watched a number of 'Nothing to declare' on account of family in Oz it amazes me what some people try to get away with. Apart from those who seem to think Oz is in famine there are the drug smugglers.

It is often the case people try to put up a front or blag their way through customs. In one episode a girl was found to have a case full of E tablets. The thing is her friend who already passed through customs and could have entered the country with her load got nabbed also.

There was also the lady whose wig they noticed was too big. It was stuffed with drugs. There was also the Rasta who had drugs concealed down his crack. Yes he had a crack full of crack.

In hindsight she would wish she concealed them but if she had would her body language give her away? Are the Egyptian customs conducting more in-depth searches these days? I imagine give the security situation that would be YES.

If this husband has it in him to perform in bed that would be a measure of how bad his back is. I hope this notorious jail provides food as there are some where the inmates can only get food from friends and family. She should also get some currency so as to buy favours from the screws.

She needs to be strong.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I agree to a point Adam.... about people kicking a Country while it is down, many are though (Including myself) But the Country does not help itself with all the mixed stories coming out and the conflicting messages and pipe dreams. Maybe instead of being so secretive they should be a little more open with people. If they were they would command more respect. If you ever have time to scour the web you will see all the stories of people hat have been treated like something the cat brought in, and that also includes ex pats and their Egyptian Partners. Maybe a bit pitiful but, there is no smoke without fire, some have even put on their blogs documentation of proof, actually have named the people. I am pleased I only lost a small amount of cash compared to some of the people.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

My God are you two not the 'Doom of death ? Egypt believe it or not has survived for a few years and I highly
doubt it will not crumble into dust any time soon.
"You forget, that your time upon this Planet is just a speck of dust on the winds.......'Pheasants or is it peasants..... 8)

Ps: Quote. "She should also get some currency so as to buy favours from the screws. ....
Well she could always revert to the oldest business in the World if she's skint....
Sophocles.
Adamantium

Post by Adamantium »

I seldom roam the net but perhaps I should. I appreciate it is not the same country it once was and like people do when they loose a loved one I tend to remember the Egypt I remember. If Expats are adding their voices to shining a light on Egypt's troubled situation I should pay more attention although I tend to find this forum provides good updates on Egypt's situation. In the light of day withdrawing from a situation people can reflect and perhaps weigh their negative experiences heavier than the good. Like the Major i have lost but what little I have lost I brush off as life is too short to sweat the small stuff. I reflect and learn from mistakes. I laugh some off having fallen for a slight of hand I had been warned against. Others just sharpen my responses whence my comment on enjoying Egypt so long as you know how to handle the people and the tricks they like to play.

In other situations I just take a more philosophical stance rather than be bitter. If people are harshly criticising Egypt clearly Egypt has broken them. They must then deal with their demons as they must. But their demons should not have them demonize a whole nation.

I do recall one page written by an actual Egyptian who decided people of Luxor and Aswan have lapsed morals. There is truth in that but not in general. Where there are tourists who are always seem to be richer than we are there are people after your money and more often than not Egyptians become friends with tourists because of money.

If we go to Egypt knowing how to play the game of chances it won't be them saying checkmate.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Adamantium wrote:
If this husband has it in him to perform in bed that would be a measure of how bad his back is.
How come he is a life guard with such a bad back? probably you dont need a medical for such a position :roll:
Adamantium

Post by Adamantium »

He's lifeguard. When it comes to tourist Husbands he has earned his place in the Hall of shame. For the sake of a bad back she has a three year stretch. Three years in an Egyptian jail is something none of us would wish to endure. She may be wishing she had something she could take to take the edge off her ordeal. I hope then the appeal goes well for her. It has been suggested they could choose to deport her instead. It may come with a fine. It is better than being seen for incarcerating a tourist. But the question always lingers...why didn't she do her research? All of this what ifs and if onlys are easy from our armchairs. We can say what we would have done now we are more aware of the facts so making such forums of greater value.

I feel she has been punished enough. The woman must be horrified with such a sentence and terrified to be in a notorious prison. I doubt any Egyptian jail is any better especially when all of this seems so crazy to her. It all comes down to how the authorities read her story. They saw no truth in it only seeing black and white - an illegal drug that brings with it a jail sentence.

Her family who have probably never been to Egypt experience an Egyptian nightmare so having them forced into being Expats so to be there to support her. In a land of sunshine there are only dark days ahead.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

You ask '' why did she not do her research?'' Why would she feel the need to do so? When I was working at Pilk's we had a lad of twenty something working with us, he was the most trusting and impressionable guy you could ever meet. He believed everything he was told, even the most outlandish of things. It was funny at the time, but at least his naivety didn't land him inside. But then again, many years have passed since then, so he could well of ended up there.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

Seems he's not as kosher as everyone makes out -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... acked.html