Any info on Laura Plummer

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Adamantium

Re: Any info?

Post by Adamantium »

My point exactly. I was generalizing reflecting a common held question one which is easy to ask after the event. As a user of prescribed TML although I knew it was a drug that is abused the best I intended to do was carry a letter from my GP to explain my use of these pills. Now through this case I am aware to needing to ask for permission. As she was not using them personally she had no reason to research the matter as for her they are just painkillers. She may not even have had any reason to think of them with anymore consideration than Paracetamol.

A lot of Facebook posts are full of these what ifs and if onlys as well finger pointing. If I had not heard friends make mention of TML commonly used for endurance I would not have made the association with Egypt and TML abuse. One day some years ago I looked it up appreciating I would need some manner of documentation to legitimize my use of the drug.

As someone who uses them on prescription if I bring them into Egypt I shall only take as much as I need and keep them to myself. I would even be willing to have them stored by the Police meaning I would have to register the intake with them. Whatever it takes in light of what she must now endure.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

If ever I returned to Egypt which I will not, I would not even take a certificate of medication with me, most cannot read English, in fact most just cannot read!
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Major Thom wrote:If ever I returned to Egypt which I will not, I would not even take a certificate of medication with me, most cannot read English, in fact most just cannot read!
Therein lies your problem, "always with the negative waves Moriarty.
Iv'e used my driving licence as my ID here for years as I have many other English written forms.
You have to learn to 'look on the bright-side for every cloud has it's silver lining, a lesson you should have learnt many years
before your 'twilight years..... 8)

phpBB [video]
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

And so wrong too, most can read and most can speak a lot more English than you do Arabic. So who's the thicko? Your native language is English and you often seem to have the greatest difficulty in expressing yourself in the written word.
No doubt the ghost writer will make a re appearance now.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I was happy to read that the family are seemingly convinced that the guy is innocent of the weed stash, that must be a load off her mind while she's chewing on that vegetable ''meal.'' Hope she isn't a veggie, what with those flies in it.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Seems that the dashing beau has even a longer name Omar Abd El Azim Mohamed Saad.
And it's The Sun 'what done it..... 8)
Sophocles.
thebian
Portugal

Post by thebian »

Sorry but this lady is not a naive teenager, she is a full grown adult and whether she knew that it was illegal or not to bring Tramadol into Egypt, she certainly knew she was obtaining the pills illegally in the UK and that should have sent her alarm bells ringing surely?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote:Seems that the dashing beau has even a longer name Omar Abd El Azim Mohamed Saad.

A bit of a mouthful. No wonder she couldn't remember his name when caught with the pills.

Or where he lived....

Or who was meeting her.....to take her to God knows where...

Amazing she managed to make it here at all.

Don't they have the plea of "diminished responsibility" in Egypt? Worth a try......
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote:
Who2 wrote:Seems that the dashing beau has even a longer name Omar Abd El Azim Mohamed Saad.

A bit of a mouthful. No wonder she couldn't remember his name when caught with the pills.

Or where he lived....

Or who was meeting her.....to take her to God knows where...

Amazing she managed to make it here at all.

Don't they have the plea of "diminished responsibility" in Egypt? Worth a try......
Yes they do, two thirds of the Egyptian population display it on regular occasions. :cg
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

The Daily M are reporting she hid the pills all over her suitcase in paracetamol boxes, but that is the DM a paper printed for the believers.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

Now a transcript of what went on in court.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Egypt.html
Adamantium

Post by Adamantium »

According to the BBC series worst things could happen to a young lady on arrival at an Egyptian airport. In episode 2 of McMafia a young woman is met by two Egyptian men. Seeming friendly she drives off with them only to then be kidnapped and trafficked through ISIS in Sinai along with several others. Most become sex slaves. She who was kidnapped became an Industrial spy. It was quite scary. Will it have female viewers weary of travelling to Egypt alone at the risk of being 'TAKEN' ?

"I will find you. And I will kill You."
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Is this a factual or fictional program? Or am I just being a bit of a knob in just asking. :lol:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Will it have female viewers weary of travelling to Egypt alone at the risk of being 'TAKEN' ?
A few gormless ones maybe. Those who can't distinguish fictional TV drama from reality.

Those who've watched House of Cards and think the American president is a murdering sociopath.

Mind you.....truth can sometimes be stranger, and more worrying, than fiction. :lol:
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Dusak wrote:Is this a factual or fictional program? Or am I just being a bit of a knob in just asking. :lol:
Fiction, but according to some blurb:
“it’s inspired by Misha Glenny’s 2008 book McMafia: Seriously Organised Crime, a study of 21st century global criminal and financial networks.”

It has been compared to the series ‘The Night Manager’ which some may remember as an excellent crime thriller.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I've not watched McMafia but I understand it is very good.

The Night Manager was excelent. The only drawback for me was that the Egyptian scenes were recognisably Moroccan. A little bit of extra homework by the sets and props people was needed.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

HEPZIBAH wrote:I've not watched McMafia but I understand it is very good.

The Night Manager was excelent. The only drawback for me was that the Egyptian scenes were recognisably Moroccan. A little bit of extra homework by the sets and props people was needed.
Yes...and that plush Cairo hotel was created by someone who's never been to Cairo :lol:
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

newcastle wrote:
HEPZIBAH wrote:I've not watched McMafia but I understand it is very good.

Yes...and that plush Cairo hotel was created by someone who's never been to Cairo :lol:
It is actuaĺly a very plush Moroccan hotel which I think is in Marrakech. (Could be Casablanca....grey cells struggling today.)
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Back on subject..re our Drug Mule from Hull...Lonely Laura....
I once had 2 secretaries both called Laura.

Now, I think it's time the forces of law & order show a bit of compassion and wisdom!
I reckon she has learn't her lesson by now and has done enough time.
It's time to 'welease her.....
phpBB [video]

We have all had a laugh at her expense but it's over, let her out, show compassion and remember to
mention that this is a great Country to visit.
In other Countries they hang drug smugglers..

Anyhow I'm well bored with the Daily Mails daily stories of how bad prisons are, she's probably made some life-long friends.
Probably get invited onto Ant n Dec's stupid show, but hey! 'that's entertainment!.......... 8)
Sophocles.
Adamantium

Post by Adamantium »

Her situation or the circumstances surrounding her arrest are now being investigated back home.

Police are investigating how a British woman convicted of drug smuggling in Egypt obtained the banned painkillers. Humberside Police said it was "Looking into circumstances of how the prescription drugs came to be in her possession."

How that might benefit her we can only wait and see. But will it matter to the Egyptian authorities when their only concern is her bringing them into the Country? However it would substantiate her story to their origins. It is then for them to decide if they were obtained for the purpose she said or not. It will be up to the Police through what they find to convince Egyptian authorities of the truth as they find it if it goes in her favour.