Any info on Laura Plummer

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Re: Any info on Laura Plummer

Post by crewmeal »

There's hardly a mention of her in the press at all.
As I finished typing this she suddenly appeared on ITV news moaning at the arrivals hall for about 30 seconds.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Are there a lot of "lovely countries that she could visit" MT? Not many I know that welcome convicted drug smugglers.
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

Because I don't know the facts in this matter and I doubt the women comprehends much given what we know of her ill-planned love life and given I'm thought negative about Egypt - here is a positive story about how Egypt led the world in the suppression of drug trafficking - a long time ago.

Its also my attempt to get away from Daily Mail type stories and face the obvious - big well planned programs have a better chance of dealing with drug problems than sensational single issues. Unfortunately the former is boring and often not to everyone's entertainment tastes.

Pasha Russell ran the Cairo police in the ’20’s to ‘46. He was an unusual and superbly educated colonial administrator with strong positive feelings towards Egyptians and their desire to be free, In particular he identified the growing international heroin and cocaine trade as a threat, was the major international voice on this matter, an aggressive, early but unsuccessful campaigner for treatment programs and Chaired the very, very early League of Nations action on this matter. He understood long before others that national programs would fail without international co-operation - a very un-Egyptian approach. We think co-operation passe now but then it was novel first cab off the rank at this time led by him.

Here he is, thin, alert and firm - unlike Egyptian Major Generals today.

A remarkable man with stature in the world who treated his staff well, did his job and suppressed drugs in Egypt. https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-and ... ge008.html and http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... =firefox-b

He also wrote the excellent Egyptian Service available free on the Internet Archive but of little interest to those who prefer the elegant ramblings of British aristocrats who were interested in little more than themselves, entertainments and the occasional ‘stone things’. https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dl ... /page/n1It would be fair to call him an intellectual but one that knew how to organize things and get good results in difficult circumstances.

Given his achievements for Egypt over an extended period, given that international organizations give yearly prizes in his name for the work he did in Egypt you would think that Egypt would do something - something humble. They have done nothing to remember him and his achievements yet they build an immense new Mosque to Marshall Tantawi who never won a battle but whom leaked diplomatic cables state was interested primarily in money - and not for the citizens.

I have a mixed view on the Anglo French administration - but not what you think. My view is that a lot were lazy, unintelligent and poorly educated with addictions to 24 hour socializing. Russell stands out along with a small number of others as incredibly hard working, superb judgement, warmth to locals and highly organized. What defines Russell and similar others is that they gave a wide bearth to the party loving luvvies and eternal tea-party types in and around the embassy. I think its true to say that Britian's ambassadors from 1920 are agreed by all scholars as third raters. The ones before with massive power produce mixed opinions part good/part bad. The UK scholarship on the period 1870-1939 is thin and without any standout authors. I suspect that the screaming but unstated obvious was that India and Egypt could not continue after the 30's but the government had no agreed plan on what to do next and this may have left the on-the-ground administrators in India and Egypt paralyzed or indecisive. A defining aspect of this period for Egypt was near perpetual dispute between the ambassador and the foreign office which suggests a lack of common purpose.

My guess, but I don't know, is that Russell's drug program and his international status with the League of nations would not have been supported by the foreign office and possibly sabotaged. There was a lot of turf warfare.

Russell also wanted to control and suppress the prostitution in Cairo which included many white women, awful treatment of women, lots of tourists using the women and widespread use of prostitutes by middle class Cairenes. A deal of it involved slavery/human trafficking. An interesting and ugly Phd on this from the LSE. http://etheses.lse.ac.uk/486/2/final%25 ... 5B1%5D.pdf.

Easy to see why Montgomery found his army very syphilitic during WW2 and got the first commercial doses of penicillin in the world from Lord Florey (in a Brexit UK he would be tossed back to Australia - lucky us) to get them back to battle. It was one of the first things he organized together with 2 man tents and aggressive exercise. Nowadays in Egypt its new shiny things that get armies going.

Nowadays since Nasser the only one to get credit is the Imperial Leader so if he was working today we probably wouldn't know his name. Name for me a single person in 30 years who is resident in Egypt, not a Major General of Minister etc who has ever once been mentioned in any media for having done well/achieved something/new idea. Hawass excluded and in several decades he has not once given a bit of credit to other than himself in his area of employment. In psych terms its narcissistic personality disorder, sociopath y or worse - you would need to tie him down on a couch to begin to get the truth. His overall pattern is clearly abnormal. Wonder why no ordinary people get any public credit?

I'm less clear about prostitution and disease in WW1 but the Australian archive publishes large infection figures, the extreme burning/destruction of the brothel area around Ezbekia bu generally Australian troops is still hard to work out but suggests a large trade and one established before WW1. We will all await an Egyptian scholar on this and one who identifies the current trade and high levels of abuse within communities and families as well as what the street kids do, what forced them onto the street. I'm sure a full and frank book will be published immediately. We know, but indirectly, from WHO figures that physical and possibly sexual abuse of children is very, very big and maybe worse in rural areas.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Another bird made her break from incarceration in Egypt only yesterday.
J2 a replacement for my Xmas present of two budgerigars decided to flee the coop,
I have been trying to figure out how ? from a locked cage...
Iv'e figured it, he or she (the bird) funnelled through sunflower seeds to escape through the back of the feeder.
Picture supplied courtesy of The Daily Mail:
I blame Chinese cheap plastics.... 8)
"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose" !
Ps: It's rumored on IMDB Kiera Knightly will be playing her, in the forthcoming film 'Banged Up Abroad' by Harvey Weinstein.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

What kind of a bird was it? Love bird? Parakeet?
Smile! It confuses people
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Our legal advisor has advised us not to answer that Question at this present time: but does add...
"It /she/he was a drug-mule (bird), smuggling sunflower seeds, which are illegal in some Countries"... 8)
Last edited by Who2 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sophocles.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

J2 Escaped... ! :o

So much for the second coming.... :tk
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Honestly one of my cats chewed at the bars of the budgie cage, enough to slightly widen the gap. Budgie escaped and cat had a nice dinner.

This taught me A) to make the birds confinement so attractive that they don't want to leave it for long. B) That actually I don't like to see healthy animals caged. If it's during treatment, like the birds of prey we rescued in Luxor and then released when they were fit - then that's a necessary evil. 8)
Smile! It confuses people
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Oddly enough, I have helped out in 2 Raptor and reptile animal sanctuaries in this area of Wales, building aviaries and in one case finding a nice old cottage on the side of a mountain with enough land on which to build said aviaries.
I have sponsored a couple of birds on behalf of my eldest grandson, one being a Buzzard named Barney, who are now making a comeback here in Wales, mainly due to roadkill that they pick up.

Every cloud and all that... :up

My Grandma had 2 budgies, she called me up in tears one evening, as she had inadvertently killed it, by sitting on it while it was out of its cage.. Seems it like to sit in her chair and watch TV...
clearly it must have been engrossed in whatever it was watching if it could not see my grandmothers backside fast approaching, OR Perhaps the Budgie had found my Grandma's stash of Tramadol.™... :tk

In the end, we got her a pair of binoculars and a bird feeding table outside her window so she could watch the wild birds instead... 8)
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

The latest words from our Laura:
“I was innocent, as in the whole smuggling thing, because don’t ever call me a drug dealer, do you know what I mean?
Please don’t ever call me a drug dealer, how dare you call me a drug dealer ?

Like, I was never a bank robber, 'You know what I mean ? I was just redistributing the financial institutions wealth around a bit... 8)
"Yah know what I mean!
A mule is still a mule ya know what I mean ?
Sophocles.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hu ... TUk-jvWpLw
Who2 wrote:The latest words from our Laura:
“I was innocent, as in the whole smuggling thing, because don’t ever call me a drug dealer, do you know what I mean?
Please don’t ever call me a drug dealer, how dare you call me a drug dealer ?
Question - When is Drug Dealer not a Drug Dealer?
Answer - When they are a Silly Ass that allows themselves to become a Drug Mule (for an Egyptian Donkey - Equus africanus asinus)
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I was talking about for a holiday Carrie!! I don't honestly think she will carry anything beyond an Asprin in the future so she will be OK. Sorry I said something unto wards Egypt. I suppose I should have expected that form of reply.... Sorry once again for saying there are plenty of beautiful places for her to go. Maybe you might be able to enlighten me of the fact there are no more beautiful places to go other than Egypt. Is it nearly time for your visa renewal?? :lol: :lol: :lol: Hit Back, Hit Back, Hit Back!!! In its present form I would think Afghanistan is more beautiful than Egypt, at least the ramshackle places in Afghanistan have been flattened and not painted :lol: :lol:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Nothing to do with Egypt MT, she is a convicted drug dealer, even if she is going on holiday somewhere she will have problems getting a visa, she wouldn't be allowed to visit the USA for instance.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Its seems the UK does not routinely share criminal information overseas, so I wonder if her conviction will actually count for anything in the UK, and technically as far as the UK is concerned she has no criminal record there as the crime and its punishment was dealt with by Egypt ? :tk Can you have a criminal record in the UK if you have not passed through the UK Judicial system ? after all, some crimes in Egypt dont exist as crimes in the UK...
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

Maybe her passport will be stamped to state that she has served a prison sentence whilst being banned from the country. Not that she'll try to re enter again.
Annie

Post by Annie »

google Piers Morgan interview with Laura Plummer if you want to meet her!
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Annie wrote:google Piers Morgan interview with Laura Plummer if you want to meet her!
phpBB [video]
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Good Morning Britain Crossroads et al were many reasons for me ex-spending my holidays in the land of the dead.
As that Oscar Wilde once said after doing hard time in Reading;

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves
By each let this be heard.
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word.
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!

Iv'e met as many highly interesting humans inside prison as I have met in the open prison.
Prison is a state of mind. I've never been a prisoner, never was 'Just......... Who the f..is No1 ?
No answer from my mate 'Archimedes........8)
Ps: Let's all hope (looking for lurve) Laura has learnt her lesson, and gets a deal with weight watchers....
."Just say No to drugs" Nancy Reagan.
Pss: Just noticed the dried magic Blue Sacred Lotus in the background.
Sophocles.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Just watched the 'Laura' interview with Piers and the phrase " thick as pig s**t" comes to mind :a11:
Annie

Post by Annie »

Horus wrote:Just watched the 'Laura' interview with Piers and the phrase " thick as pig s**t" comes to mind :a11:
and she didn't go hungry that's for sure!!! :snig: