Any info on Laura Plummer

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Re: Any info?

Post by carrie »

Pity he's dead then. Look forward to reading her sordid story in OK, join the other Luxor author with her story of love and lust.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

All medication is governed in Cyprus, you can only get things that are on prescription and signed by the Doctor, we cannot even get Lem-Sips for colds. Prescriptions here incidentally are 1/2 a Euro so if you have 5 items on 1 prescription its still 1/2 a Euro, a big difference from around 40 Pound in UK. To see a Doctor is 3 Euros, to see a Consultant 5 Euros you can see a Doctor in the morning and then see a consultant 2-3 hours later, no messing and very little waiting. When I was diagnosed with my illness, I saw the Dr at 6.40am and the Consultant at 8.10am. I was waiting 3 years in Luxor and they still did not know the prognosis. Things (Drugs) not on prescription are cold treatments, and simple headache tablets. But most things are prescriptive drugs. When you get your residential papers all is explained. All changes are in the newspapers and on posters in the surgeries and hospitals. So at least you are well informed, that is of course if you can read! Being able to read is a big advantage, if only people knew the difference it can make.

Is Marijuana available and can you take that in and out of Egypt? There is lorry loads of it around, probably 60% of Egypt is on it, including Professionals. Just as addictive as Tramadol, causing mental illness, and paranoia. It's coming in from somewhere isn't it! Maybe smuggled in to the Country in Tramadol boxes.... :lol:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

So at least you are well informed, that is of course if you can read! Being able to read is a big advantage, if only people knew the difference it can make
:))) :))) :))) :))) :)))

:a35:

Irony is alive and well on the island of Cyprus!
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

newcastle wrote:
So at least you are well informed, that is of course if you can read! Being able to read is a big advantage, if only people knew the difference it can make
:))) :))) :))) :))) :)))

:a35:

Irony is alive and well on the island of Cyprus!
Very restrained, newcastle. :a4:
Carpe diem! :le:
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with an illness, not a serious one I hope. What kind is it? We have a couple of Doctors on here.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote:Sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with an illness, not a serious one I hope. What kind is it? We have a couple of Doctors on here.

WHO do you mean? ;)

Witch doctor? ;)
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Psychosis? Dusak?
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I doubt anyone in the UK is regularly paying £40 for a prescroption. If they are, it most likely means that they cannot read or are uninformed/misinformed.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

If anyone in the UK has a medical condition that requires such costs for medication then they can simply purchase a quarterly or a yearly pre-payment certificate (PPC) which would cost £29.10, while the price of an annual PPC would be £104.00. Prescriptions are free above a certain age and many other people qualify for free under certain other medical conditions, visit any UK chemist and see just how many people actually hand over money for their prescriptions when they collect them.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Horus wrote:If anyone in the UK has a medical condition that requires such costs for medication then they can simply purchase a quarterly or a yearly pre-payment certificate (PPC) which would cost £29.10, while the price of an annual PPC would be £104.00. Prescriptions are free above a certain age and many other people qualify for free under certain other medical conditions, visit any UK chemist and see just how many people actually hand over money for their prescriptions when they collect them.
Precisely! Using phone and sufferring a fat finger day so didn't write all that, but it's what I was thinking.
-Aldous Huxley
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

"Can't even get Lem Sip for colds" Then later you can buy cold medication without a prescription. Make your mind up MT and explain or are you a tad muddled?
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Lem Sips are what I used to take for colds and flu, people used to bring me them from UK when I lived in Luxor. Here they are not sold but a tablet cold/flu relief is sold over the counter called "SIPS" very good especially at night to help you sleep. Because we lived in a small village, with a S. Police member living in the middle of it. many drugs were I suspect kept away, quite a few got their supply from Gezera. I was at a local restaurant once and at the next table was a glass ashtray fill of weed and 6 member of the Luxor International Hospital filling their face with the stuff. The others were burning something in a glass and sniffing the fumes..
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Why anyone in Luxor would even need Lemsips with an ample supply of fresh lemons and/or oranges, and cheap paracetamol defies logic. Freshly squeezed juice, with or without dilution of boiled water, and a teaspoon of honey work far better for the overall relief and prevention of colds, and paracetamol help reduce body temperature. Cheap, simple and much more natural.
-Aldous Huxley
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I agree Hepzibah why anyone would want to buy Lim Sip let alone have it brought over from the UK beggars belief much nicer making it yourself and it hasn't that nasty aftertaste.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Quote:"many drugs were I suspect kept away, quite a few got their supply from Gezera.
Really I never knew that, just goes to show that 'Plod had eyes & ears everywhere.
But Gezera that's a new one on me and "ashtrays full of the stuff. What were they putting it in a pipe ?
Sounds like a bit of 'porkie pies going on here.... 8)
phpBB [video]
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Horus wrote:Psychosis? Dusak?
I was thinking more of Luxorvitis. Can be treated, but it needs the infected area to be completely removed, but there is never a guarantee that it will not return in one form or another, one of the symptoms being the loss of external realty. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

On a radio programme today it stated you can diagnose Dementia in old people if they forget Birthday Cards or presents at Xmas.
This Dr disagrees and diagnoses just perhaps, they really can't give a flying duck they also say,....
to see if they have forgotten to turn the oven on for the Xmas duck! partridge, pheasant even turkey, if one really must, ..
'La whaala! and, they think old people are stupid.... :a6:
"Now was I about to watch a film or cook a beef-burger?
"Happy Whatever"
Ps: 'My Mancunian adopted families' Mum Masie, not only forgot to turn the oven or to even defrost the damn bird!
"She wasn't know as 'Mad Masie for nothing......'ding-dong-ding!
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Well this old bird neither forgot to defrost the turkey, or turn the oven on. It was cooked to perfection. Tomorrow the strays outside get their Xmas dinners, my four, Alfie only eats tuna, feast on their share, and I create six curry's for the freezer with the remainder. I dropped on lucky getting in my shopping the other day as Arkwright's had six of the imported curry mixes in. :eat
hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

Who2 wrote:Quote:"
phpBB [video]
I'd heard this many times in the past on the radio, but never seen this video. It's even funnier watching it!
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I have the same reactions from Egyptians while attempting to get them to understand the terms of morals and fairation. :lol: