Festive greeting to all.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Festive greeting to all.

Post by Dusak »

Well, its close to that time of year again, how quickly time seems to go, especially as you get older, but not necessarily wiser. I hope all members have the Xmas they desire, and a good new year. I will not be making any new years resolutions as such, just my usual wish to carry on waking up in the mornings to enjoy the life I have here. I think that a lot of folk that call this home have had episodes of disappointment and the unexpected in 2017, myself included. So hopefully things will improve in 2018 for everybody, not just those residing here. Sadly I learned today that another long time friend of mine living here had had a sudden heart attack, so he will be spending his Xmas in the local hospital here in Luxor for at least the next eight days. So I hope he recovers quickly. So all the best to everybody. x:)

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Festive greeting to all.

Post by newcastle »

Hear! hear! Mr D.

I'll be spending Christmas here quietly. Means nothing to me...but I expect I'll buy the kids something even though they're muslim.

Well..any excuse! :lol:

I'm already thinking about New Year resolutions...get fitter, lose weight, be nicer to people etc.

I expect they'll come to nowt...as usual.
Gopha75

Post by Gopha75 »

Thank you Mr D. Intend spending a peaceful time in Paris. Thank you for the festive wishes. Have a good end to the year, and Merry Christmas. Yvonne
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Greetings "D"wishing you a Happy Christmas and a great new year, in fact wishing you all the same! To me it will be great we have family across from the UK, family I have not seen for 10 years, (Mainly because they would not travel to Luxor for fears of safety) Even better news we learned today my daughter and family are coming to us next month, so we will soon have the family back together again.
Many things happened in 2017 so it will be good to put them behind us all, we lost 2 family members, I got diagnosed properly instead of being told "It could be" But for us the main thing and the most important thing was selling our villa, and freeing ourselves to do what we want to do.
To be able to celebrate Christmas this year to us is like a child going into a Candy Store for the first time, and being able to select anything we want. Christmas dinner for us is at Aphrodite Restaurant, Christmas Night at the Village Inn for a night of Motown and Soul. New Years Eve I am working but they all know to get the Quaichs full for 12.05am with a good Malt.
Let hope there is some good news for Egypt this year, all we hear in the outside world is bad news and broken promises, I think the place needs some good news to pull it out of the doldrums it is firmly stuck in, the other thing I hope is that more notice is taken from people with a greater aptitude for things, instead of dismissing things at a glance, someone somewhere will soon start to realise they are failing and a new head on new shoulders is required.
But any way, once again, GOOD LUCK, HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR AND LETS HOPE 2018 IS MUCH MUCH BETTER FOR EVERYONE.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Well Merry Christmas to everyone how ever you chose to celebrate hope all goes well and an enjoyable time is had by all.
I have made my New Year resolutions and as usual they will come to nothing, all good intentions but the flesh is weak.
Once again Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

:tk ...just how weak is that flesh of yours. x:lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Arriving at a hotel in Cairo a few weeks ago, I saw the first sign of Christmas: a tree. Each morning you would find more sophisticated decorations on your way to the breakfast room or you would meet teams of decorators when crawling back from nightclubs. Otherwise, I would hardly have noticed that it is that time of year. Not that I do not care. I miss Christmas and have done so for many years. I used to organise, decorate, cook and plan everything for my family, but as a single grandmother and sister, I cannot compete with huge families in law. Envied by many, I am trying to decide on which continent to spend the holidays by myself and from which bank of the river to witness the sunrise at Solstice tomorrow with friends before they go back for Christmas.

I have had a year with strong highlights and deep sadness, blessings and disappointments, much to celebrate and a lot to leave behind me. I have learned new lessons and found new directions for the coming year. Life is good.

Wishing everyone a blessed solstice, a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
:bar3: :bar3: :bar3:
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

BENNU wrote:I am trying to decide ... from which bank of the river to witness the sunrise at Solstice tomorrow with friends before they go back for Christmas.
You obviously did not see it in at Deir el-Bahri as I had the temple completely to myself, apart from a handful of police and guardians. It was quite spectacular in the newly-opened Sanctuary of Amun. No other tourists turned up until about an hour after sunrise.

14913 Sunrise on the Winter Solstice

14914 Light shines first on the winged Horus

14915 moving on to Amun

14916 then to Tuthmosis III

14917 and finally to Hapy

You don't get that sort of detail at Karnak, even if you do get free entry, crowds, and music. 82 EGP well spent.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

Brian Yare wrote:
BENNU wrote:I am trying to decide ... from which bank of the river to witness the sunrise at Solstice tomorrow with friends before they go back for Christmas.
You obviously did not see it in at Deir el-Bahri as I had the temple completely to myself, apart from a handful of police and guardians. It was quite spectacular in the newly-opened Sanctuary of Amun. No other tourists turned up until about an hour after sunrise.

You don't get that sort of detail at Karnak, even if you do get free entry, crowds, and music. 82 EGP well spent.

Absolutely wonderful Brian! Thanks very much fir sharing your photos, really wish I could have been there.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Brian Yare wrote:
x:p Thank you, now I know where to go next year.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

BENNU wrote:
Brian Yare wrote:
x:p Thank you, now I know where to go next year.
On several occasions in the past Mr. Yare has been given precise indications on where to go, but seems hesitant in taking up the advice. :a52:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Oooh.....you are awful :lol:

And no errors for him to point out ;)