Bombay's Legacy

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Bombay's Legacy

Post by Winged Isis »

Is 'Taste of India' still open? Has anyone been recently" If so, how is it going? Who is running it? What's its future?

Carpe diem! :le:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Bombay's Legacy

Post by newcastle »

I was there a few weeks ago.

It was reasonably busy with a big party of tourists (Indian?) who departed in a Travco minibus.

Recognised staff, and vice versa, but there seemed to be an older chap in charge whom I didn't recognise.

Pictures of Russell still adorn doorway.

Menu seemed a bit shortened....since my previous visit , when Russell was alive. Food was fine.

Circumstances weren't appropriate for asking staff about the future etc.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Never been there never wanted to but their chef Saied two bridges from me
was still working there when I left for blighty 4 weeks ago.
He say's the owners brother is running it now, good I'm glad it still operates in these troubled times.
You won't believe the amount of restaurants closed around my gaff this time here, I love it.
They came they spent a fortune, but they fail, that's the catering industry for you, 'you love it and you hate it.
Today 'bignose & I dined at The Quality Chop House
https://thequalitychophouse.com/
An old favorite but these days it's gone right upmarket and all very basic but classic,
We had chops which was inspirational we thought!...... 8)
Ps: It took a bit of time to explain to Nick that the geezer cooking behind the 'jump
was Janis Robinson's son, "What not that blond haired Aussie alcoholic bird ?....qed!
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I was in the other night with a friend of mine, the staff are running it, Russell's very close friend and sorter out of all problems, Shukree, that's the older guy you saw newcastle, is manager. Know nothing about his brother running it, there are no family members in Luxor since Russell's funeral, but was told that the sister will eventually return when all the new legal papers are completed, but do not know what the intention will be when that happens. The standard of food is good and worthy of a recommendation, but like all eating establishments here, they have seen a vast fall in customers, fortunately they have a full house every Monday with their Indian customers, so some is better than none. It is obvious, when talking to the staff, staff that I have known for over ten years, that Russell is sadly missed. I greet his picture when entering, say ''see you next time Russ'' when leaving. I too miss him.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

Thanks for the updates gents. Glad to hear it's positive news so far. Long may it continue.

To Russell. :wi
Carpe diem! :le: