Safe ? Luxor vs Nottingham

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Safe ? Luxor vs Nottingham

Post by Who2 »

I'm not sure how many tourists get beaten up and killed by a bunch of Women in Luxor.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... ang-women/

So, for those that keep bleating on about just how unsafe it is in Egypt, try Nottingham or walk down Islington
High St using your 'not-to smart phone.... 8)

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Re: Safe ? Luxor vs Nottingham

Post by crewmeal »

Agreed! The UK generally has become an unsafe place to live and work and it's getting worse. Without getting political we have a weak and useless justice system that gives out feeble sentences hence the rise in crime. This poor girl was attacked and murdered therefore the perpetrators should be caught and given life. None of this 'namby-pamby', 'what if', 'we're not sure' crap.

What a shame we did away with capital punishment.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I have never been in favor of capital punishment but I do believe that life sentences when given out should mean just that LIFE.
I don't think it is anything new that Egypt on a whole is much safer than many other countries in the world. I never fear going out to the shop at 10 at night and walking through the streets alone something I wouldn't consider in the UK. It's all a matter of perception though.
pinkmagic
United Kingdom

Post by pinkmagic »

This happened extremely locally to where I live. It is horrifying and I hope the perpetrators are brought to justice quickly.
The most shocking thing, is this happened in the day time in an extremely busy area of the City, yet only one man went to Mariam's aid.
Nottingham is becoming an unpleasant place if I am honest and a no go area in the evenings, but I suppose the same can be said for many Cities and towns.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Where's the Sheriff when one needs him ?..... 8)
Sophocles.
FarleyFlavors

Post by FarleyFlavors »

crewmeal wrote:Without getting political[...]
crewmeal wrote:What a shame we did away with capital punishment.
:urm:
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

I still say "why compare Egypt to other Countries" we all know the UK is rife with crime, but what is Egypt now compared to Egypt before the revolution, the answer is "not good" crime is rife, maybe not that bad towards tourists but amongst Egyptians its really bad, if you want to see the truth look at some Egyptian(Arabic) facebook groups to see the amount of crime going on from kidnappings of kids everyday, to thefts, killings etc. Nothing like the Mubarak years in which you could honestly say it was safe or felt safe :up

Also what happened in Nottingham will be thoroughly investigated by the UK police, not like the Egyptian lies and brush under the carpet investigations like in the Giulio Regeni case and many others. :(

Seems the girls who attacked her was of African origin. The Egyptian girl is from Africa too, if this happened in Egypt you would be saying it was a Family FEUD :roll:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

One can only speak from one's own experience, I know nothing of the killing in Nottingham but I do know that I feel much safer here than I did in the UK.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

It is all relative, I do not consider crime to be an issue where I live and I suppose many others would say the same, but I do know it is in some areas of the country. All countries have areas where crime is rife, usually in the bigger inner cities with very diverse populations and as Keefy points out Egypt has more things to worry about when it comes to law and order. 8)
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

There is another difference too, in Nottingham (Dottingam) if you have a cold, the Police do not beat up the local residence or tourists. One of the reasons why the Police in the UK have collar numbers so they can be identified. It is like DJ says difficult to ID the differences between a State run Country and a properly run free Country. In Egypt things happen and never get reported so the possibility is crime rates may be 3 times as much, it may also be that a lot of these crimes are done by persons employed to fight crime. Crime is also not just about killings, beatings, theft, shootings its also about corruption! Yes for those that do not know corruption is a crime, but in Egypt I do not think its a crime, if it is it is never ever policed.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

On and on and on the same old.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Quote: "One of the reasons why the Police in the UK have collar numbers so they can be identified.
Which century are you in ? what along with their reinforced top hats ?..... 8)
Sophocles.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Don't know about that Dr I wore a Cap, with slashed peak and a Hi Vis Sam Brown, also in them days had a Mexican Mustache, most people knew my name too, I used to here them shout, Hey *******. Carrie I am pleased you do feel safe there I was commenting on the difference between the authorities in the UK and Luxor, it seems by your post since I left corruption has disappeared, if so your the only one that knows this, unless its a case cannot say anything I need my visa like many others. Well I do not need one and never will need one so I comment what I hear now and what I experienced. It seems now then, its accepted now that when stopped in your vehicle and asked for 100le and you have not got it, you can hand over what you have got, Or dent the front wing of a taxi with your blue police truck, and the truck is waved on by his mate and you have to pay for the repair of your car, what made it worse the taxi was in the right the police truck cut across the front of the taxi without even caring for the safety of the taxi passengers or for the taxi damage. I challenged it with the Policeman on duty that waved the Truck on and the taxi driver told me to keep quiet or we will both get arrested, WHAT, that is acceptable is it??? Suppose I had better shut up now Egypt is big pals with Russia, so if you hear I have been attacked with nerve gas you will know why. Mind you on saying that there are more Russians in Egypt than here. I see no problem either with repeating myself to what goes on in Luxor, under what you all call the Luxor Bubble. Others that do not know will be fascinated on what goes on, it seems though the tourists already know. I would never say I hated Luxor I found it to be an experience, one I would not like to repeat, and more so after the decline in recent years. I just now look back and find it hard to understand that apart from it being cheap to live there and Pensions and Benefits go further, why educated people would put themselves through all the upheavals of living there.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Quote: "Why compare the UK to Egypt ? 'dead simple really I value my life.
In London Islington where posh people live and Jeremy C I always go prepared, I alway's have, stupid I'm not.
Now, I'm an old aged pensioner who's had a heart attack what copper would nick me for going 'tooled up ?

I have only ever carried a knife on very rare occasions,
for the last 30 years a rather nice set of 'brass knuckles, a Xmas present.
Now you lot might find this terrible, oh! ahh! you don't walk where I walk or even in my shoes, so who are you to judge ?
If you have to walk where it's dangerous London or Luxor be aware! very aware elase your a fool... 8)
Ps: Also the 'gift of the gab can get one out of most situations especially with young plod!
Pss: Tried to read the above post a few times dementia set in......"slashed peak ?
'What to make you look tough or an ex-marine spare me...
A Dr's advice: When typing STOP to have a breath every once in a while, you'll live longer.....
Sophocles.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ngham.html

Well, what can one say about that?? No one believed me when I was chatting about it.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

crewmeal wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ngham.html

Well, what can one say about that?? No one believed me when I was chatting about it.
What's odd about wearing body armour on a drugs bust?

You'd be an idiot not to.....which is the only thing I find surprising about Ross Kemp donning one. :urm:
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Just 1 incident from the many posted each day

20 hours ago.....

Luxor Live news:

نداااااااء للجميع
ساعد رجل الشرطة فى قسم منشية ناصر وقسم الخليفة و عمل شير لهذه الصورة عشان الشرطة تجيب حق هذه الطفلة البريئة اعملوا شير لهذه الصورة علشان دم هذه الطفلة ميروحش هدر اعملو شير لهذه الصورة يمكن حد يتعرف على شخصية هذه الطفلة التى مازال غامض حتى الان ياسادة يا اهل الخير اعملوا شير لهذه الصورة يمكن تقدروا تساهموافى كشف من هى هذه الطفلة التى تم قتلها بعد اغتصابها يارت نساعد الشرطة فى في كشف غموض العثور على جثة طفلة مخنوقة داخل شوال ملقى بمنطقة منشية ناصر والخليفة
#شير_احنا_الحل
على الاقل #شير

Help the police in the department of nasser and the Caliph's section, and do this picture for the police to answer the right of this innocent child, do this picture for the blood of this child, so that this child will be able to do so, so he can Now, gentlemen, good people, do this picture, you can be able to find out who this child was killed after she was raped, so we can help the police reveal the mystery of finding the body of a child strangled in a bag in the region.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

DJKeefy wrote:Just 1 incident from the many posted each day

20 hours ago.....

Luxor Live news:

نداااااااء للجميع
ساعد رجل الشرطة فى قسم منشية ناصر وقسم الخليفة و عمل شير لهذه الصورة عشان الشرطة تجيب حق هذه الطفلة البريئة اعملوا شير لهذه الصورة علشان دم هذه الطفلة ميروحش هدر اعملو شير لهذه الصورة يمكن حد يتعرف على شخصية هذه الطفلة التى مازال غامض حتى الان ياسادة يا اهل الخير اعملوا شير لهذه الصورة يمكن تقدروا تساهموافى كشف من هى هذه الطفلة التى تم قتلها بعد اغتصابها يارت نساعد الشرطة فى في كشف غموض العثور على جثة طفلة مخنوقة داخل شوال ملقى بمنطقة منشية ناصر والخليفة
#شير_احنا_الحل
على الاقل #شير

Help the police in the department of nasser and the Caliph's section, and do this picture for the police to answer the right of this innocent child, do this picture for the blood of this child, so that this child will be able to do so, so he can Now, gentlemen, good people, do this picture, you can be able to find out who this child was killed after she was raped, so we can help the police reveal the mystery of finding the body of a child strangled in a bag in the region.
Sadly, there are far too many posts similar to this on the internet.
When did life become so cheap.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley