Permitted Visas for Cheap Destinations Possible?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Permitted Visas for Cheap Destinations Possible?

Post by Winged Isis »

Does anyone know, for which countries around the Mediterranean can Egyptians easily get a tourist visa, and that are not expensive to visit?

Carpe diem! :le:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Permitted Visas for Cheap Destinations Possible?

Post by newcastle »

I expect you know that, for an Egyptian, getting a visa to most countries is a nightmare of bureaucracy.

The only Mediterranean country I can think of which an Egyptian can enter easily (with a visa at the airport on entry) is Lebanon.

Is anywhere cheap for Egyptians nowadays?
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

A Tourist Visa for Turkey is generally done online, but I believe Egyptians have to go to the Turkish Embassy in Cairo, where it's a fairly straightforward procedure. There were certainly several Egyptian families staying in a hotel in Antalya when I was there 2 weeks ago.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I am not sure about this, but can an Egyptian not get a visa if he his sponsored?
pinkmagic
United Kingdom

Post by pinkmagic »

I think Egyptian passport holders can now obtain an e visa online for Turkey.
Years ago, before my husband obtained a UK passport, we quite easily obtained visas to visit Greece and Tunisia. He was however a permanent UK resident, so it may be different for someone residing in Egypt.
They used to be able to visit Malta without a visa. I don't think this is the case any longer, but it might be worth looking at as might still be easier than other places.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Professional people used to get visa's at one time to expand their knowledge, I think in the present atmosphere it will be hard for them to get a visa. The world has started to clamp down on terrorism. The other thing is I think the Government have a couple of fears, 1) they would not come back, instead apply for political asylum. 2) the fear of people leaving and explaining the ways of Egypt.
When it comes to terrorism Egypt is not without shame, Remember Mohamed Attar and his gang, the Twin Tower destroyers.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Visas for Egyptian nationals are now available on line for Turkey but you have to show proof that you have at least 50 dollars a day for the duration of your visit, you have confirmed hotel booking and a return airline ticket.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote:Visas for Egyptian nationals are now available on line for Turkey but you have to show proof that you have at least 50 dollars a day for the duration of your visit, you have confirmed hotel booking and a return airline ticket.
A bit tough if, after you've bought your return ticket, they delay , or reject, your visa application.

Diplomatic relations between Egypt and Turkey are not exactly all sweetness and light.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Well having just applied for a visa to Turkey and received it all I can say is thank goodness I am a UK passport holder.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote:Well having just applied for a visa to Turkey and received it all I can say is thank goodness I am a UK passport holder.
You're right! Holding a UK passport seems to give you carte blanche to travel seamlessly to almost everywhere.

I feel sorry for Egyptians who often face tedious enquiries from most destinations....plus a certain amount of formality to even leave Egypt (checking they've done their army service, aren't wanted by police etc.)

But they can get visas on arrival in Seychelles, Mauritius or Maldives.....so not all bad news :lol:
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Its ironic really, you can travel anywhere with a UK passport, but not necessarily stay anywhere with a UK passport :urm:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

You may well get visa to Turkey its not in the European Community, but try the other Countries that are in the Community. Plus I believe Turkey is a predominantly Muslim Country. Lebanon, and Syria are on the Med. and so is Libya, so maybe to visit them Countries will not be so bad. Certainly when UK leaves The Community they will find things harder.

But like I say at one time if they have a sponsor they should be able to get a visa.Has this changed?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote:Its ironic really, you can travel anywhere with a UK passport, but not necessarily stay anywhere with a UK passport :urm:
Ironic?.......not really .

A passport is an official document issued by a government, certifying the holder's identity and citizenship and entitling them to travel under its protection to and from foreign countries.

It doesn't entitle you to stay anywhere.

Be happy that it entitles you to consular assistance abroad :lol:

Whether you get it is another matter :(
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

So I'm reliably informed it's hard for an Egyptian to get a passport yet alone a visa for anywhere.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I can only comment on what my friend was told three years ago when she raised the question while applying for a passport. She could leave the country to almost any destination as she could prove that she owned land and property here. She had to show that she had X amount of capital available in a bank, can't remember the amount. If she was staying at a hotel, they wanted to see the booking and flight details, if staying with a relative or friend, proof in writing that she would be supported for the duration of the stay. Could all be totally different now, and of course this was the Luxor visa office, which rule wise, is totally opposite to the rest of the country.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

That must have been an excruciating task "D" especially dealing with the Luxor Passport Office, and like you say, Luxor is in its own world away from the rest of Egypt where things run a lot smother. When we moved there were 4 people came to pack our home up over a day and a half, they were all from Cairo. When they came the second day they were asking me questions based on what they had been talking about the previous evening. The older member of the team asked me if I had been to Cairo, I replied yes but only for a few days. He asked me if I saw Cairo different, I replied no not really I was only there site seeing. All the removers told me they would find it difficult to live in Luxor, because when you do something everything is made so hard. I just said, but you do get used to it eventually, and site the visa office, by saying every time you have to renew your visa look forward to 3 and sometimes 4 visits before the task is completed.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote:I can only comment on what my friend was told three years ago when she raised the question while applying for a passport. She could leave the country to almost any destination as she could prove that she owned land and property here. She had to show that she had X amount of capital available in a bank, can't remember the amount. If she was staying at a hotel, they wanted to see the booking and flight details, if staying with a relative or friend, proof in writing that she would be supported for the duration of the stay. Could all be totally different now, and of course this was the Luxor visa office, which rule wise, is totally opposite to the rest of the country.
A pretty accurate summary of the theory.

But, as many an Egyptian lothario, hot on the trail of his foreign beloved will tell you, getting the foreign embassy to accept that you are only going on holiday, genuinely intend to return to the bosom of your Egyptian family, and not intending to 'do a bunk'....is a different matter :lol:

Owning property or a business in Egypt, being married to an Egyptian citizen and with a clutch of young Egyptian kids, devoted to papa, helps....but even then.... :ct
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

newcastle wrote:
carrie wrote:Visas for Egyptian nationals are now available on line for Turkey but you have to show proof that you have at least 50 dollars a day for the duration of your visit, you have confirmed hotel booking and a return airline ticket.
A bit tough if, after you've bought your return ticket, they delay , or reject, your visa application.

Diplomatic relations between Egypt and Turkey are not exactly all sweetness and light.

Exactly. Sigh. :td

Thanks peeps.
There are 52 counties for which they do not need a visa or can get it on arrival. None are of interest. But anyway, as newcastle said.....
Carpe diem! :le:
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

A fact which is often overlooked...

Regardless of country of nationality, or country you wish to enter, even if you have obtained a visa in advance it does not guarantee you entry into that country. You can be turned away at the border if the immigration officials consider it in the best interests of the country. They do not have to be too forthcoming with much of an explanation as to why you are being refused entry either.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Can you apply for a visa to Egypt on Facebook? :lol: :lol: