holiday complaint time again folks.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Re: holiday complaint time again folks.

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote:Not very often you hear of improvements Dr, but with Klaus he is always on top of the job. Wish him well he certainly turned that hotel in to a lovely place....Plus the fact it was the only hotel that returned my wife's earring when she lost it one New Years Eve Celebration...Previous places if she lost jewelry would say sorry found nothing, without stopping for breath.

Hepzi regarding the quality of places, the lower down the scale you go, the less room you have for complaint with hotels and guest places. I am not saying all people like nice places, some would prefer flea pit with nothing to offer if it has a comfortable bed. When we were there, as tourists we preferred bit of pampering and luxury. Our last stay in Luxor as a tourist before moving our bill with the hotel was almost 1500GBP for the 2 weeks. We went with the opinion that we saved for the holiday there is no intentions of scrimping and saving. We did however realise that one couple there was budgeting on 20GBP a day but they seemed to still enjoying themselves even though they did not enjoy some of the facilities. We took the hotel manager and his wife out one night to the Winter Palace for an evening meal, our bill for the evening was 1300LE that was in 2005. I would hate to think what our costs would have been staying there. They probably charged an extra 500Le for the classical guitarist, stood in the corner. :lol: :lol: Probably that is also why the Hotel sent the limo to meet us at the hotel every time we visited. But we did love Luxor in those days, the whole place was buzzing, and the people wore smiles from ear to ear. It was great!!
'Hepzi regarding the quality of places, the lower down the scale you go, the less room you have for complaint with hotels and guest places.'

I disagree.

'We went with the opinion that we saved for the holiday there is no intentions of scrimping and saving.'

I'm sure most holidaymakers go away with the same thought - whether they can afford 1500GBP or only 500GBP.

'We took the hotel manager and his wife out one night to the Winter Palace for an evening meal, our bill for the evening was 1300LE that was in 2005.'

Just who are you trying to impress? You may, or may not have impressed the hotel manager at the time, but you certainly are not impressing me, and I'm guessing many other readers will be as equally unimpressed as I am.

Everyone has a budget they have to live/plan within.
Everyone has a different lifestyle.
Everyone has a different expectation.

The first basic provisions of any accommodation should be: cleanliness, security, comfort (not necessarily in that order). Entertainment is way down on the list of provisions of most accommodation providers.

Age old saying springs to mind: A fool and his money are soon parted.

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Impressed or not Hepzi we made our own decisions, we both worked at the time and enjoyed our life, money has no real value I know, but when you work a 16 hour day you want a good R and R time in exquisite comfort. Besides that my wife also worked long hours (12 per day) so it was imperative to ensure she too had a great holiday with very little stress. At one time at the Jolie Ville there was like a big family that used to congregate there 2 or 3 times a year, used to be fantastic, plush rooms especially in X Block, I believe now 3 pools, and great everyday entertainment. Relax or not the choice was yours! and of course well away from the S--t of Luxor what is now! We have always been fortunate, that comes with hard work and long hours something I would not deny anyone. I know someone in Luxor thought they got one on us, but they did not realise the profits from the sale of our home in the UK has now been invested for almost 10 years and now the profits from our villa is in the same pot. It's not how you spend its how you accumulate and invest. Also when my dear sister passed we sold the small holding from my parents on. Some say we have been lucky, but its not all luck!! Now we are retired we can still live the life we did before we retired, plus a bit more because we have the time. So it seems I may have inherited my Grandfathers Midas touch.

What I will say though its up to the people who go on holiday to decide what they want, but there are certain hotels in Luxor that are no more than better than the demolition man. So pleased don't be unimpressed Hepzi our holidays were our decision, and so was the things we did. There is one thing for sure we really did enjoy them with nothing in the way. It's such a shame to spend all the money they are doing on so called things that they think will attract tourists, when in reality they should be thinking about bulldozing the place and starting again. (Except the Historic Sites of course) I also see that from today Egypt is in the top 10 most dangerous Countries to visit.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote:Impressed or not Hepzi we made our own decisions, we both worked at the time and enjoyed our life, money has no real value I know, but when you work a 16 hour day you want a good R and R time in exquisite comfort. Besides that my wife also worked long hours (12 per day) so it was imperative to ensure she too had a great holiday with very little stress. At one time at the Jolie Ville there was like a big family that used to congregate there 2 or 3 times a year, used to be fantastic, plush rooms especially in X Block, I believe now 3 pools, and great everyday entertainment. Relax or not the choice was yours! and of course well away from the S--t of Luxor what is now! We have always been fortunate, that comes with hard work and long hours something I would not deny anyone. I know someone in Luxor thought they got one on us, but they did not realise the profits from the sale of our home in the UK has now been invested for almost 10 years and now the profits from our villa is in the same pot. It's not how you spend its how you accumulate and invest. Also when my dear sister passed we sold the small holding from my parents on. Some say we have been lucky, but its not all luck!! Now we are retired we can still live the life we did before we retired, plus a bit more because we have the time. So it seems I may have inherited my Grandfathers Midas touch.

What I will say though its up to the people who go on holiday to decide what they want, but there are certain hotels in Luxor that are no more than better than the demolition man. So pleased don't be unimpressed Hepzi our holidays were our decision, and so was the things we did. There is one thing for sure we really did enjoy them with nothing in the way. It's such a shame to spend all the money they are doing on so called things that they think will attract tourists, when in reality they should be thinking about bulldozing the place and starting again. (Except the Historic Sites of course) I also see that from today Egypt is in the top 10 most dangerous Countries to visit.
:a54:

Ye gods man! Anyone would think you were the only ones that worked long and hard to have a holiday, or deserved one. Let me enlighten you - you aren't/weren't.

Another old saying springs to mind: The love of money is the root of all evil.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley