Hurghada

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: Hurghada

Post by Zooropa »

The clincher for me in this sad, sorry happening was (if i heard correctly on a news bulletin) that the Egyptians are saying there were no suspicious circumstances. Yeah right, and they wonder why most of us don't take them seriously.

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

The Egyptians would get a bag full of medals if shooting yourself in the foot ever became an Olympic event.

One wonders if they have a committee (if you want a cock up always form a committee) that works out the best way to f**k things up.

Whatever the absolute worse thing that could happen in any given situation usually does in Egypt.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Iv'e been 'nicked a few times. The rule is either 'No Comment or tell the absolute truth the authorities find
both hard to accept..trust me I'm a Dr..... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

For those of us with good memories, when the authorities decide the family can leave Egypt, they take their loved ones home with them, otherwise there is a possibility the poor parents may not make it back to the UK direct. They may well get sent to another Country!! Its happened before, it could happen again!! Poor decorum when a Country decides not to allow a grieving family to return home to the rest of the family without authority say so, they should be ashamed of themselves.... I can see a lot of problems ahead over this.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Major Thom wrote:For those of us with good memories, when the authorities decide the family can leave Egypt, they take their loved ones home with them, otherwise there is a possibility the poor parents may not make it back to the UK direct. They may well get sent to another Country!! Its happened before, it could happen again!! Poor decorum when a Country decides not to allow a grieving family to return home to the rest of the family without authority say so, they should be ashamed of themselves.... I can see a lot of problems ahead over this.
What are you rambling about now ???

:a14:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

A long time ago it's true, a tourist chap who was walking towards a water taxi fell into the river. He was immediately pulled out and given assistance by a qualified tourist, but apparently he was dead before he hit the water.

The body was required for a post mortem in spite of the fact that there were at least 20 witnesses to what happened. His wife and two sons who had been walking with him caught their plane back to the UK later that morning as if nothing had happened.
Smile! It confuses people
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Confused Tunbridge Wells writes:

So here is a strange post on Trip Advisor yesterday....

Steigenberger Aqua Magic
Reviewed yesterday via mobile
Best hotel in Hurgada
Best experience and this is not my first or last time in this hotel highly recommended for friends or family or couples
so you have all activities in your door step and the beach is amazing plus the service

5 Thank mohamed s

"And Mohamed's other review of another 5 star Hurgharda hotel.
Mo S has only ever done 2 reviews....

Review of Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh
Reviewed October 10, 2016
very small place and bad rooms and poor food with unclean dishes with weird rules regarding the la carte restaurants
and definitely not quality for money as there is a lot of other places cheaper and sure better.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with friends.
Ask mohamed s about Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh

Now call me suspicious but...... 8)
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Mad Dilys wrote:A long time ago it's true, a tourist chap who was walking towards a water taxi fell into the river. He was immediately pulled out and given assistance by a qualified tourist, but apparently he was dead before he hit the water.

The body was required for a post mortem in spite of the fact that there were at least 20 witnesses to what happened. His wife and two sons who had been walking with him caught their plane back to the UK later that morning as if nothing had happened.

If a man, walking towards a water taxi, suddenly dropped dead I would expect there to be a post mortem. It's an unexplained death.

Whether the relatives hang around to await the outcome is up to them. If the authorities had any reason to suspect the relatives played some nefarious part in the death, I imagine they would not be allowed to leave!
dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby »

My cousin was at the Aquamarine last year her sickness and diahorra was so bad the doctor was giving her injections (yes in the bum). February this year I was really ill (chest infection and diahorra) lost over a stone in weight.

We returned home whilst still unwell, if we had stayed another week in the heat who knows how bad we might have got.

I have always found any illness be it called a cold in Egypt knocks me right out my Egypt cold lasted weeks and was probably influenza a strain my body has never come across.

Let's be honest most tourists suffer with diahorra and heat exposure, a journalist travelling with the channel 4 man 'walking the nile' died within hours.
It is what it is.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Newc. I am talking of the murdered people from the Hatchepsute Temple Attack. If you remember the bodies were sent to all different Countries. Maybe you cannot remember!!

There are plenty of people that have stayed in the top hotels in Luxor that have been taken ill and lost days from their holidays. Mostly due to alcohol consumption and the heat of the day. We went on a cruise once, (Never again) and were told not to eat the salad products, we didn't and never suffered, those that did spent the cruise in their cabins. Just take a look at the kitchens of many places, they are not brilliant by no means. Many would not get through any form of scrutiny from the H & S, but when you do be careful not to slip on the grease bound floors.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I have the greatest sympathy for the daughter of the couple who died. It must be a horrible experience for her.
We have heard from her, we have heard from "the Egyptian Authorities" but so far I have heard not one word from the British Embassy, Thom Cook or representatives of the Steigenburger, which being I believe, a German owned company, strikes me as very remiss to say the least.
I have spent a lot of holidays in Egypt in different hotels in diferent cities and never suffered from upset stomachs (must be iron clad) since the reintroduction of trhe filthy 1le notes though I expect a lot more folk to suffer.
dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby »

Major Thom wrote:Newc. I am talking of the murdered people from the Hatchepsute Temple Attack. If you remember the bodies were sent to all different Countries. Maybe you cannot remember!!

There are plenty of people that have stayed in the top hotels in Luxor that have been taken ill and lost days from their holidays. Mostly due to alcohol consumption and the heat of the day. We went on a cruise once, (Never again) and were told not to eat the salad products, we didn't and never suffered, those that did spent the cruise in their cabins. Just take a look at the kitchens of many places, they are not brilliant by no means. Many would not get through any form of scrutiny from the H & S, but when you do be careful not to slip on the grease bound floors.
Suspect that was a Nile' cruise :stp just got back from a cruise around Italy and Spain, hand dispensers everywhere, buffet area was immaculate and we never got sick :D
It is what it is.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

My cousin was at the Aquamarine last year her sickness and diahorra was so bad the doctor was giving her injections (yes in the bum).
I have travelled all over and I have never been so ill as I once was in Egypt staying in a top hotel. I was struck down so badly that my wife had to call a doctor, I too had several injections and tablets to sort me out. I am the sort who rarely visits the doctors and have a pretty cast iron constitution, but I honestly though I was going to die as I felt so ill. All this talk of alcohol and the heat is rubbish and I know how to behave in hot countries regarding this, I also knew exactly the places I had eaten in and all were well frequented by tourists and popular at the time so it could only have been from a limited source, in addition I always take hygiene precautions after handling money or contact with well used items such as doors, handrails, handles etc. No one was more surprised than myself as it hit me like a bullet, one minute OK and the next I felt like passing out with waves of nausea and severe stomach cramps, my whole body was in shock with sweat pouring out of me, I could barely stand or even speak. I can well imagine this couple being unable to help themselves if something similar happened to them both at the same time. Most people have suffered from a gypy tummy at one time or another, but food poisoning is something else.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I think the owners Deutsche Hospitality should get their 'fingers-out and do something pretty quick.
Owning 116 hotels Worldwide calls for some quick action by zee Germans.
Old Albert would be livid: https://famoushotels.org/news/steigenberger-albert ..... 8)
Ps: Above, remember! they use their left hands to wipe their arses'..that's hay or is it straw ?....
Sophocles.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I would imagine the Embassy are maybe under a bit of a gagging order too Carrie, and have decided to say very little until the bodies arrive in the UK, where professionals can do a PM and issue the real facts. I mean to say Heart Failure applies to every person that passes. When they get back home they can do Toxicology and many other tests to find the relevant cause of death. So maybe the Embassy is making sure the family is looked after. The deceased will be flown over later. But you have to feel really sorry for the family there is just no reason that these two peoples remains cannot be flown back, and again there is cause for suspicion as to why they are hanging on to the bodies. How awful for the family!. Just seen the News, the daughter and her children are now back in the UK, she has just been giving an interview to the media, one of many I suppose as this dreadful occurrence rumbles on, and her family are not repatriated with her.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Do get a grip!

Both TC and Steigenberger have announced that they are making independent enquiries.

The embassy has announced they are keeping a close eye on developments, as they would on matters involving a UK citizen.

The Egyptians are performing toxicology etc tests and perhaps a full autopsy. Hence they haven't released the bodies yet. Perfectly normal.

The daughter is now muddying the waters by insisting " there was something in the room which killed her parents".

Take a deep breath and await the next output from the Egyptian side...probably at least a week away.

The Egyptian authorities will be as keen as anyone to get a rational, and believable, explanation of the deaths especially as - unusually - it seems unlikely that they themselves had any hand in them!
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Here's a conspiracy theory for you ;)

Someone slipped some poison into their drinks (a preferred way by Egyptians) :tk

I still think that's what happened to a well know restaurateur :st

Hopefully the UK will do a autopsy in the UK, but by then Egypt would of done something to destroy any evidence.

Since Sisi took power, Egypt has become a Country of "lets cover-up every problem" otherwise just lock em up :roll:
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

DJKeefy wrote: Since Sisi took power, Egypt has become a Country of "lets cover-up every problem" otherwise just lock em up :roll:
I would really love to be in a few of the town's I know so well away from Luxor though still within the Nile Valley, just to prove you wrong,.......but many of my Egyptian friends are even afraid to speak even on the telephone,.......that's sad.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Sooner or later they will be applying to Eddie Stobart for some larger tarpaulins, big enough to cover up the most delicate things, that become enlarged and gripped by secrecy.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Regarding this posts title...
Any news on how our 'drug mule Laura is coping ? it's nearly 12 months now.... 8)
Sophocles.