Tunisian Tourism

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Alistair1967

Re: Tunisian Tourism

Post by Alistair1967 »

I can also cast a vote for Tunisia, having been to Sousse on honeymoon some years ago. We did and saw many of the things and places mentioned by others on this thread - noddy train up to Port El Kantoui, the El Jem colosseum, Carthage (the couple of sites in existence), A jeep ride up into the Atlas mountains, the Chott El-Jerid (salt lake), the Bardo Museum, day trip to Monastir by train,etc.

Did you know Tunisia features in Star Wars, The English Patient, and The Life of Brian? :tk

FarleyFlavors

Post by FarleyFlavors »

...and the Egyptian scenes in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

HEPZIBAH wrote: The door photographs conjure up human images for me. The green one is a beautifully woman showing off her kholed eyes and henna tattoos. The blue door is a Toureg, strong proud and veiled.
Years ago now, I was doing some travelling through Crete to study the Minoan civilisation at Knossos and Phaistos (pronounced Festos). I stayed at the a place called Chania (pronounced Hania) a wonderful very historic town on the North coast. I don't know why but, the whole place seems to have a fixation with regards doors of all ages, colours and conditions. The locals took great pride in these things, and in some cases, more so than the rest of their homes. They even had a variety of holiday post cards depicting collections of these quite beautiful things.

Simply feed into your computer thingi, images,.....CHANIA CRETE DOORS,.......and be amazed. :wi
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

A-Four wrote:
HEPZIBAH wrote: The door photographs conjure up human images for me. The green one is a beautifully woman showing off her kholed eyes and henna tattoos. The blue door is a Toureg, strong proud and veiled.
Years ago now, I was doing some travelling through Crete to study the Minoan civilisation at Knossos and Phaistos (pronounced Festos). I stayed at the a place called Chania (pronounced Hania) a wonderful very historic town on the North coast. I don't know why but, the whole place seems to have a fixation with regards doors of all ages, colours and conditions. The locals took great pride in these things, and in some cases, more so than the rest of their homes. They even had a variety of holiday post cards depicting collections of these quite beautiful things.

Simply feed into your computer thingi, images,.....CHANIA CRETE DOORS,.......and be amazed. :wi
Yep, been there, done that, got the photos!!! Sadly, stored away in a dark corner somewhere as they're prints in an album. And before someone tells me, I know I can get an app that will digitise (?) them!! I found the variety of designs absolutely fascinating, and Chania was a great place in 1986. I also remember a couple of fabulous meals in little back street restaurants!
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Google PHOTOSCAN will do the job and its a free App. for Android :up
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

Horus wrote:Google PHOTOSCAN will do the job and its a free App. for Android :up
Thanks, but I use an iPad!
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Then try PHOTOMYNE from the APP STORE :up