UK Passports after Brexit

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

UK Passports after Brexit

Post by HEPZIBAH »

A lot of people are concerned about the effect of Brexit on UK Passports. This article on the Martin Lewis - Money Saving Expert - page may be of interest and help.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/ ... d-for-tra/

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: UK Passports after Brexit

Post by Dusak »

I'm in a bit of a quondery as to when to renew mine. It runs out on the 15th of March 2020. I was going to renew on line May this year after getting back from my hols, but reading this link, I may be better leaving it until the end of this year, say October. But, the uncertainty concerning the final issue dates of the visa here, may, or could, give me problems if I get a kick out then, taking into consideration I could wait weeks before getting a visa stamp with less than six months on the passport.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Dusak, it was that sort if scenario that partially prompted me to post this information when I came across it last night.

I also recently got shot down in flames, elsewhere. I migbt add, when someone asked how many months they should have left on their passport when travelling to a certain country. I was told I was wrong, even though I supplied my source of information - the visa section of that countries consulate page. They were also not prepared to even consider any changes Brexit might make to the situation, althougb I thought, given the time periods we wefe discussing were relevant.

Forewarned is forearmed, as they say. ( Who amongst us wouldn't have liked to have been better forwarned about all the Brexit implications?)
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote:I'm in a bit of a quondery as to when to renew mine. It runs out on the 15th of March 2020. I was going to renew on line May this year after getting back from my hols, but reading this link, I may be better leaving it until the end of this year, say October. But, the uncertainty concerning the final issue dates of the visa here, may, or could, give me problems if I get a kick out then, taking into consideration I could wait weeks before getting a visa stamp with less than six months on the passport.
The problems associated with passport validity/visa for Egypt are annoying - but unaffected by Brexit.The
UK isn't changing its rules and the article is only of relevance if you may be travelling to one of the European countries mentioned.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

newcastle wrote:
Dusak wrote:I'm in a bit of a quondery as to when to renew mine. It runs out on the 15th of March 2020. I was going to renew on line May this year after getting back from my hols, but reading this link, I may be better leaving it until the end of this year, say October. But, the uncertainty concerning the final issue dates of the visa here, may, or could, give me problems if I get a kick out then, taking into consideration I could wait weeks before getting a visa stamp with less than six months on the passport.
The problems associated with passport validity/visa for Egypt are annoying - but unaffected by Brexit.The
UK isn't changing its rules and the article is only of relevance if you may be travelling to one of the European countries mentioned.
Ok...so it's not a process I'm faced with so can't write with experience or conviction...but surely it could have relevance to UK passport holders if in the process of renewing their Egyptian visa/ having to do a 'visa run'.

Please bear in mind I've not had a decent sleep in weeks, or enough coffee today, to process more than the fact that it's Wednesday.
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
newcastle wrote:
Ok...so it's not a process I'm faced with so can't write with experience or conviction...but surely it could have relevance to UK passport holders if in the process of renewing their Egyptian visa/ having to do a 'visa run'.

Please bear in mind I've not had a decent sleep in weeks, or enough coffee today, to process more than the fact that it's Wednesday.
Don't get your knickers in a twist :lol:

Of course Brexit, and the passport consequences, affect anyone doing a visa run to Europe. But I can't see how it affects renewing your passport if you reside in Egypt and the need to allign that process with getting your Egyptian visa sorted.

Which is why my response was directed at the response of Dusak who, in any case, as far as I know, has developed a taste for Thailand. Of course he may decide to visit MT in which case the article will be pertinent to him. :lol:
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

Good luck with Thailand, according to the news Bangkok is more polluted than Cairo.

There was an interesting article on electronic visas on Rip off Britain - Holidays the other day stating one should always use the official government visa site rather than ones that claim to do it for you.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06xlj1l

This site maybe useful to some regarding travel

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00wck32/clips
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Yes, going back to Pattaya for a month March/April. Pollution not too bad there, lower than here.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.