Happy Day

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Happy Day

Post by Major Thom »

I am led to believe it is Shrove Tuesday today, so Happy Pancake Day everyone. I will be having Maple Syrup on mine, what will you be having on yours? Please ladies don't tell me you ar not having a pancake because you are watching your figures.... :lol: :lol:

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Happy Day

Post by Who2 »

Kirkland Maple Syrup 100% Pure Canada Grade A Amber
Flambe Brandy & Lemon.... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

The flambe brandy and lemon sounds good Who.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I don't think I have had a pancake since my mother made them, but I do remember that everything was home made and we kids had lemon juice and lots of sugar sprinkled over them, no wonder we bounced around afterwards.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Shrove Tuesday occurs just before Lent, which I guess is our equvelent of Ramadan, except we dont really give up anything.... Sod that for a game of soldiers... :br

We had a few pancakes in the hotel we were staying at in Tunisia last week, so I am pretty much pancaked out... The toppings being Lemon and sugar or Nutella. God I love Nutella !!! ...so much... :lv

I have to pick up the tribe on my way home tonight, as my Missus is doing pancakes for them all. :eat

My favourite topping when I was a kid was Golden Syrup ! or Lemon Juice and Sugar.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Horus wrote:I don't think I have had a pancake since my mother made them, but I do remember that everything was home made and we kids had lemon juice and lots of sugar sprinkled over them, no wonder we bounced around afterwards.
Those were the days, as a kid, all kids looked forwards to the end of the pancake season so we could commander the lemon shaped juice dispenser and use them for water pistols.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Yes forgot about the lemon shaped 'Jif' plastic bottles, a very small but deadly needle like jet of water, the ideal concealled weapon for naughty schoolboys. :lol: :lol:
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Lynne found some Canadian Maple Syprup on the shelves yesterday, so for our final meal in the home before moving I managed 3 pancakes with this lovely Maple Syrup Topping.

Oh! we are not leaving Cyprus just moving up into the mountains, we have found a lovely Chocolate Box Cottage, stone built, 120 years old that has just been completely renovated, underfloor heating, new bath/shower/toilet room, 3 beds, reception room, lounge with inglenook log fire, dining room, and fitted kitchen. Outside Utility room with toilet and hand basin, 25 M long pool, BBQ Gazeebo, and plenty of space for cars. We have been looking for 2 years now to get away from congested areas so decided on this very small village of Lysos. Just need to get my hanging baskets up, and honeysuckle and whisteria planted. The village has a population of 190 people, with an ex pat population of 4 full time dwellers and 8 holiday homes. On the edge of Paphos Forest Area and surrounded by th vineries of the local wine producers. Peace and quiet....
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Lynne found some Canadian Maple Syprup on the shelves yesterday, so for our final meal in the home before moving I managed 3 pancakes with this lovely Maple Syrup Topping.

Oh! we are not leaving Cyprus just moving up into the mountains, we have found a lovely Chocolate Box Cottage, stone built, 120 years old that has just been completely renovated, underfloor heating, new bath/shower/toilet room, 3 beds, reception room, lounge with inglenook log fire, dining room, and fitted kitchen. Outside Utility room with toilet and hand basin, 25 M long pool, BBQ Gazeebo, and plenty of space for cars. We have been looking for 2 years now to get away from congested areas so decided on this very small village of Lysos. Just need to get my hanging baskets up, and honeysuckle and whisteria planted. The village has a population of 190 people, with an ex pat population of 4 full time dwellers and 8 holiday homes. On the edge of Paphos Forest Area and surrounded by th vineries of the local wine producers. Peace and quiet....
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Hope your very happy there MT it must be the season for moving, Yildez has found herself a delightful new property and is moving in two weeks. Stressful times iin many ways especially for her two cats who sense the move and wont at the moment leave her side thinking they may be left behind. No chance of that Dost and Sid. One of mummy's priorities was making sure it was safe for the cats.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Quote:
Oh! we are not leaving Cyprus just moving up into the mountains, we have found a lovely Chocolate Box Cottage, stone built, 120 years old that has just been completely renovated, underfloor heating, new bath/shower/toilet room, 3 beds, reception room, lounge with inglenook log fire, dining room, and fitted kitchen. Outside Utility room with toilet and hand basin, 25 M long pool, BBQ Gazebo, and plenty of space for cars. We have been looking for 2 years now to get away from congested areas so decided on this very small village of Lysos. Just need to get my hanging baskets up, and honeysuckle and wisteria planted.
Hardly a 'chocolate box, more a pill box. How far from Waitrose's ?...... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

What happened to OZ ? I expected you to be there over a year ago MT :tk

The Gaff in Cyprus sounds nice though. Those Greeks like mountian dwelling, the main purpose being so as not to waste the land you use for agriculture, and also slightly cooler up there.
Rule of thumb is 1 degree celcius cooler for evey 100 ft above sea level.

There are lots of little Greek islands with long abandoned houses from the pre flood day's off the coast of Southern turkey where the farmland is now deep underneath the sea.
Looking around, they were very sophisticated with water collection, storage and drainage too. Hopefully your place has all those mod' cons.. :up
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

John Landon wrote:What happened to OZ ? I expected you to be there over a year ago MT :tk

The Gaff in Cyprus sounds nice though. Those Greeks like mountian dwelling, the main purpose being so as not to waste the land you use for agriculture, and also slightly cooler up there.
Rule of thumb is 1 degree celcius cooler for evey 100 ft above sea level.

There are lots of little Greek islands with long abandoned houses from the pre flood day's off the coast of Southern turkey where the farmland is now deep underneath the sea.
Looking around, they were very sophisticated with water collection, storage and drainage too. Hopefully your place has all those mod' cons.. :up
Remembering one of his earlier post, he with be leaving all the ''modern cons'' on the lower levels :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Concrete box more like.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

carrie wrote:Concrete box more like.

Hmmm and immediately the word dog springs to mind.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

Yes forgot about the lemon shaped 'Jif' plastic bottles, a very small but deadly needle like jet of water, the ideal concealled weapon for naughty schoolboys. :lol: :lol:
I used Jif lemon to bleach my hair back in my flying days. Sitting by the pool in some far off hotel with a book, sun cream and my Jif. I must get on for my next trip to Luxor in the summer.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

No flies on you, literally. :lol:
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
carrie wrote:Concrete box more like.

Hmmm and immediately the word dog springs to mind.
It's some time ago now that I sought reference to what Major Thom did with his poor dog before he left Egypt, I referenced the P.D.S.A., the Celia Hammond Animal Clinic, and also a once member of this forum who's work is dedicated to animal welfare in the North of England, along with Kim at ACE in Luxor, all agreed that this person did the best possible thing for his dog.

Some six years ago I was looking over what remained of the old houses I knew so well up in the hills on the West Bank, I came across an abandoned small, very skinny weak kitten crying at a door, who's occupants had long left, I could do nothing, I was by this time a simple visitor in Egypt. I thoughtlessly walked away, sad as I was but little did I think then, that the face of that poor thing would haunt me even now.

I am certain that Major Thom loves the animal kingdom as I do myself, but like myself I'm sure he does not need reminding of his lose.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Yes we do love animals A4, we have another dog and have had it for 14 months. It was abandonded in a cardboard box with 3 of the other litter in an Animal Sanctuary Car Park. We had her spayed, fully injected and micro chipped and she has turned out to be lovely, faithful and obediant. Like Jack we love her dearly. Thank you A4 for explaining to the other members that Kim at ACE told you what we did for Jack in Luxor was the best thing, perhaps they will believe you above myself and not abuse me anymore for our actions. Thank you Carrie for your comment, we too hope that Yildez will be happy in her new abode. For us the peace and quiet away from the City life called us, neither of us like City life but we had to start off somewhere until we found what we wanted. I am sure Molly will enjoy the walks through the forest and the Vineries, instead of the Paphos Beaches. We are up at the new house today, putting up 8 hanging baskets, set with geraniums, labellia, and other trailing plants, and setting Whisteria, Honeysuckle and Pandoras, around the Gazeebo's. Two days after we move in I have 2 days away in Nicosea having a hair transplant. Had to wait until the health problem I had was cleared up, because the drugs I was on would destroy the hair folicles. However I now have grown my hair to a hippie length so when it is done the result will be better and withing just a few weeks no one would ever know. I have kept out of society since Christmas bacause I am ashamed of having my hair the length it is now.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

How sad you feel you have to keep out of sight MT.Not being a man I can't understand this desire many have to have hair transplants, must be painful why can't you just accept that you are bald or going bald. It's your genes. Anyway since your hair or lack of it id obviously a problem I wish you luck with the operation and hope it is successful. At least your not growing your hair in order to have one of those horrible comb overs. Just remember though that some of the most attractive men have no hair. Yul Bryner was very attractive. But I suppose it's a sense of self esteem.
As to the dog, it was renowned for being vicious and out of control no doubt if you couldn't afford to take it with you your only option was to have it put down.