New Royal Yacht

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

New Royal Yacht

Post by newcastle »

New royal yacht named after Prince Philip to be 'commissioned within weeks', costing as much as £200m

When I saw this on Sky News I thought it was a joke...and in poor taste too.

But apparently it’s a serious possibility......although not for carting Royals around the world. But fostering trade.

Totally mad. :xx

crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Re: New Royal Yacht

Post by crewmeal »

What happened to Borisforce one? That painted up Airbus that's never been used for its purpose. Another £1m wasted. Also that £2.5m on the press room? Where does all the cash come from for all these white elephants?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

crewmeal wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:40 am Where does all the cash come from for all these white elephants?
Us taxpaying mugs :(
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Oh you miserly pair, all for the cost of a few 100 million pounds to build a new royal yacht, you are denying so many so much.
Prince Andrew might once again be able to travel to his favourite golf courses, undertake a couple of meetings about trade and industry again.
Can't think of any royal weddings coming up, but no chance if there were of the happy couple sailing off into the sunset aboard the royal yacht on honeymoon.
You never know it might even tempt Harry and Megan back to our shores if they were promised unrestricted use of the yacht in order to have somewhere to protect their privacy.
The general public denied the pleasure of waving their lace trimmed hankies to the ship as it sails by.
Shame on you.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

The thought of Meghan....or Her Royal Highness, Duchess of Sussex as she prefers to be called...coming back is a very good reason for NOT having a royal yacht.

Heaven knows what Prince Andrew would get up to aboard...especially when visiting private Caribbean islands.

And it would be useless for Princess Anne....unless it comes equipped with stables and an exercise yard for her horses.

The £200 million cost of the yacht would be dwarfed by Boris insisting on an immediate redecoration, despite the paint having barely dried.

The thought of Her Maj, at the launch, hurling a bottle of champagne at Prince Philip would probably bring back bad memories .

No....as I said...a thoroughly bad idea.