Quarantine on entering a country?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Re: Quarantine on entering a country?

Post by HEPZIBAH »

newcastle wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:35 pm @Hepzibah

Obviously, the time and costs involved in returning to UK via an amber/ green destination won’t suit everyone. But I’ve already investigated the extra fight cost of return via Ibiza or Greece and it’s around £100-£150 . The extra tests ....probably less than £200.

And you can have a pretty comfortable stay for 10 days for less than £1000.

If you’re going to have to fork out £1750 for a grim quarantine hotel, it’s a no-brainer as far as I’m concerned.

This doesn’t represent a viable encouragement for people to visit Egypt.....merely an option for those who’ve decided to come, for one reason or another, but don’t fancy the hotel quarantining on return. And I’ve read some real horror stories 8)

It does presuppose having the freedom and flexibility ....which I have in spades!
I'm all for things being cost effective. :a27:
Hope it works out for you as and when the time comes.

As for the quarantine hotels...
Having to quarantine in a government approved hotel makes sense to me.
Having to pay way over the odds when you are not receiving normal hotel services does not make sense to me.

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

For information I've found out you can print your Vaccination evidence complete with QR barcode which is updated every month.

Go to your NHS app (not the Covid one) and go to Your NHS Covid pass and you should see a green box saying Covid records found. Scroll down to Download PDF copy, save to files and print off. It gives a full A4 detailed print out of your vaccinations.

This is only for evidence you've had the jabs. Some countries still require you to have a PCR test as well.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

It seems Egyptair have updated their entry requirements

https://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsConten ... twcOsUBaFc
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

crewmeal wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:52 am It seems Egyptair have updated their entry requirements

https://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsConten ... twcOsUBaFc
Article is slightly deficient in that it fails to mention that 96 hours is given for the PCR test for a number of countries...including fights from Heathrow to Cairo.

It would be dangerous to rely on your vaccination record as you will then be subjected to a quick test on arrival and, if it and the subsequent PCR test are positive, you’ll be deported.

Better to take your PCR test before coming.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Cyprus is by far not out of the woods yet, anyone working has to have a Covid test every 3 days and be able to show their Covid free certificate. Those double vaccinated have to carry with them their double vaccinated certificate, all employees need 3 day Covid free certificates. People need to wear face coverings out doors, no eating or drinking inside yet. So a long way from normal yet, infections running at around 75 per day, no deaths from Covid for 6 days now. The young who like normal know better are refusing to get vaccinated saying the new Indian Variant is in the vaccination make up. So no let up yet!
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

I’ve been reading the DM’s report on forced quarantine but correct me if I’m wrong it seems Egypt is NOT on the red list.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tries.html
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

crewmeal wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:10 am I’ve been reading the DM’s report on forced quarantine but correct me if I’m wrong it seems Egypt is NOT on the red list.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tries.html
You should know better than to trust the Daily Fail.

Egypt most certainly IS on the red list. :roll:

Cyprus, on the other hand, is somewhere I’ll consider for my 10 day stopover en route back to Blighty.

That’s if there’s anywhere that hasn’t been reduced to ashes .....and isn’t swimming with whingeing expats.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Some nice places out there. Been a few times recently. I was hoping to go over the border to the north, as the checkpoint is easy to cross these days, but sadly one of our deliveries didn't turn up in time, so I had to stay in Limmasol for the day. Once we got to Nicosia to do the job, it was just a quick overnighter.

I guess it's better to self quarantine out there than some crappy garret at 1700 quid a week and having scraps from the restaurant next door been thrown into your room in a polystyrene container. 🤢

True story. Look it up. 😎