You must comply.....

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: You must comply.....

Post by A-Four »

For those of us who have a home in the U.K., we learnt this week of a rather large future rise in the cost for gas and electricity, however in Egypt a similar much earlier announcement was made through government to use such rise as a tax 'claw', so expect another rather hefty rise in the next month.

Some will remember that over the past few years the present government in Egypt has removed almost all subsidies for the poor and very poor however, with regards electricity and gas the latest price increases are now based on how much each household uses. Medium and high users will be in for a shock,.......and certainly another already in the near future.

I have just read a recent post on here by Keefy about his water supply, I presently stay at my London flat perhaps once a week often less though my Thames Water bill works out at £90 per year, but the standing charges are more than £45. I don't ever remember ever paying standing charge in Egypt, so perhaps the so called 'smart meter' in Egypt will be another future cash 'claw' for the government,.....they are certainly going to need it. :wi .

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Just been informed that a gas bottle goes up to 120 Le this week. Only cost 12Le when I first arrived.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Dusak wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:36 pm Just been informed that a gas bottle goes up to 120 Le this week. Only cost 12Le when I first arrived.
:o I remember between 5LE and 8LE :o :lol:
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

The first six years, I paid seven EGP for a bottle brought to the third and second floor.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

All I can tell you is if you think that is bad, the other future rise is an international price increase, similar to the set price for a barrel of oil, many here in the U.K. will experience a 10% price rise very soon, and this has yet to be implicated in places like Egypt for gas and electricity.

One other thing I should mention at this time is the fact that the minimum wage in Egypt is to rise from 2000LE to 2400LE as of January 2022, as to how this can possibly fit to the Egyptian financial burden within the enormous debt calculation that I am seeing, is absolutely crazy.

During the Covid period the world banks have sealed all general currencies, within a very narrow band as you may notice, God only knows what will happen to the LE, once the international markets release the currency 'balls' again. How anyone on a fixed British state pension can survive there is beyond me.

Just to give some similar reference as with other above posts, I remember state pension for a widow Egyptian was 100 LE per month, while a 200 carton pack of Cleopatra soft pack was 18 LE.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Keefy,...............

Can you please tell me why my post on this subject dated Saturday, August 7th @ 1-05p.m. has been removed, if this is to be the new policy, where I have no P.M. or right to post with out Authority approval, then it seem I waste my time here.

Best wishes J.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Just checked with many East and West bank friends and they say at the moment the price of a gas bottle is 57LE, so I find it hard to believe they would double+ the price up to 120 LE, it might start riots 🤔
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

A-Four wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:16 pm Keefy,...............

Can you please tell me why my post on this subject dated Saturday, August 7th @ 1-05p.m. has been removed, if this is to be the new policy, where I have no P.M. or right to post with out Authority approval, then it seem I waste my time here.

Best wishes J.
Hi J

Nothing has been deleted, the only post that was moderated (which was approved) was one you made on the same day but It was not approved till 12:05, depending on how your time zone is set on the forum, that might show as 1:05, though you posted it at 8.49am

http://luxor4u.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 9&start=20
Screenshot_20210809-113815_Chrome.jpg
The reason you were put on moderation queue were due to your constant slating off of the forum and members, It takes more of my time up having to approve or disaprove posts, and would prefer if you was not on it, so knock it off J and I will reverse the action. 🙂
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

DJKeefy wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:19 am Just checked with many East and West bank friends and they say at the moment the price of a gas bottle is 57LE, so I find it hard to believe they would double+ the price up to 120 LE, it might start riots 🤔
Am I being screwed lol. I've been paying 100 Le a bottle for the last 18 months.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

A-Four wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:55 pm All I can tell you is if you think that is bad, the other future rise is an international price increase, similar to the set price for a barrel of oil, many here in the U.K. will experience a 10% price rise very soon, and this has yet to be implicated in places like Egypt for gas and electricity.

One other thing I should mention at this time is the fact that the minimum wage in Egypt is to rise from 2000LE to 2400LE as of January 2022, as to how this can possibly fit to the Egyptian financial burden within the enormous debt calculation that I am seeing, is absolutely crazy.

During the Covid period the world banks have sealed all general currencies, within a very narrow band as you may notice, God only knows what will happen to the LE, once the international markets release the currency 'balls' again. How anyone on a fixed British state pension can survive there is beyond me.

Just to give some similar reference as with other above posts, I remember state pension for a widow Egyptian was 100 LE per month, while a 200 carton pack of Cleopatra soft pack was 18 LE.
My friends mother receives 320Le per month widows pension, Cleopatra soft carton is now 200Le.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Dusak wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:09 pm
A-Four wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:55 pm Just to give some similar reference as with other above posts, I remember state pension for a widow Egyptian was 100 LE per month, while a 200 carton pack of Cleopatra soft pack was 18 LE.
My friends mother receives 320Le per month widows pension, Cleopatra soft carton is now 200Le.
Many times in the past when I have read about life in modern day Luxor, I have often been surprised by the poor conditions of the ordinary people and the financial limitations that effect their life. When I was living there I thought it was bad enough for many of the elderly who lived near me, who I knew quite well.

In all my years on this forum I have never been so shocked as to read how Dusak now presents the present day plight of the most poorest and vunerable people in the once most proud nation we called Egypt.

Thank you for this Dusak, one of my main homes now is Hove on the South coast, where there is a rather large Egyptian ex-pat Coptic community who I know very well, there is even a very large Coptic church near me, it is interesting that I can share news with them, thanks to you who really dose know the REAL LIFE there. :wi .
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I pay 100le Dusak, because I want to. The lad comes takes my bottle off, goes gets me another and replaces it.
I use about two bottles a year so not a fortune but for ordinary Egyptians well as with everything else I just don't know how they manage.
As for the minimum wage, those that do get it pay more and more tax
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

carrie wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:58 am I pay 100le Dusak, because I want to. The lad comes takes my bottle off, goes gets me another and replaces it.
I use about two bottles a year so not a fortune but for ordinary Egyptians well as with everything else I just don't know how they manage.
As for the minimum wage, those that do get it pay more and more tax
I have no objections to paying over the odds for my gas, I can afford it and only use 4 per year at most.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

A-Four wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:53 pm
Dusak wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:09 pm
A-Four wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:55 pm Just to give some similar reference as with other above posts, I remember state pension for a widow Egyptian was 100 LE per month, while a 200 carton pack of Cleopatra soft pack was 18 LE.
One of the things that grieves me here I'd how they treat those that are untreatable. I refer toy friends youngest brother, a sufferer from Downs Syndrome. He is totally incapable of any form of work, yet every 2 years she has to go through the time consuming process of getting him examined by two doctors to say that he is incapable of working to get his pension of around 250Le per month. This process costs around 200Le in doctors fees, document fees. They stop his pension until ' the system' is satisfied that he is entitled to the payment. This process takes around three weeks to complete. She asked one doctor this time why he has to go through this every two years, his reply was that the government pension department has to be satisfied that his condition has not improved!!!. Really? And this is the medical system that the people trust and rely on. Beggars belief at times.

Many times in the past when I have read about life in modern day Luxor, I have often been surprised by the poor conditions of the ordinary people and the financial limitations that effect their life. When I was living there I thought it was bad enough for many of the elderly who lived near me, who I knew quite well.

In all my years on this forum I have never been so shocked as to read how Dusak now presents the present day plight of the most poorest and vunerable people in the once most proud nation we called Egypt.

Thank you for this Dusak, one of my main homes now is Hove on the South coast, where there is a rather large Egyptian ex-pat Coptic community who I know very well, there is even a very large Coptic church near me, it is interesting that I can share news with them, thanks to you who really dose know the REAL LIFE there. :wi .